LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 8 2020

Tech Guru

Shipped.io Review

#Pros:

No Embedded Costs (All Inclusive Final Delivered Cost)

Free Delivery (At Least in Beirut)

Semi Cash on Delivery ( 50% of the Amount need to be  sent via OMT or Office -Jeideh)

Flexibility of Payment Methods

Direct Access to Amazon Website (As if you are ordering directly from Amazon)

Fairly reasonable add on the original amazon listed price

USA Genuine 100% Quality ( No Chinese ,  No Copies , 100 % Checked).

Direct Access to Amazon Prime Offers (Lower than Regular Amazon listed prices)

Exactly USD / LBP 2000 Rate , which is the official now

You can find items they will never ever make it here

No Risk of using you own mastercard online.

Direct Whatsapp Support

#Cons:

Better For Low Weight  & Low Cost Items (Big items or items exceeding 1000USD not Worth It)

Fees to Arrive Here: 521996 LBP

Total: 2,709,777

Example: RTX 2080Ti 11G on Amazon Prime

Only Restricted to Amazon Store USA (Not Other Stores )  -Newegg , Wallmart ..

No Warranty , No Replacements , No RMA Help.

App needs some optimization

#Conclusion: 

Hustle free recommended for sub 1000 USD items that are not heavy or couple of items > 1000 USD that are not heavy. Some items even on the 2000 USD/LBP rate will reach you less then here.

Like the Braun Epilator Series 7 is listed here @ 287,000 LBP & I ordered the Full Package Series 9 @ 284,000 LBP Delivered to my home.

20200205-185219.jpg
Screenshot-20200205-160818-Shippedio.jpg
Screenshot-20200205-180821-Shippedio.jpg
Screenshot-20200205-180827-Shippedio.jpg
20200205-182450.jpg

#2 February 9 2020

xazbrat

Re: Shipped.io Review

That doesn't look half bad---it seems to be a good option for people who just want to get a few things online.   Seems cheaper than S&S and can help people circumvent the current capital controls.

#3 February 10 2020

gamer4life

I've been ordering products from them for about 6 months now. Really good service and cheap for most of the stuff. The overall price they give includes delivery to my home (Tripoli).

Last edited by gamer4life (February 10 2020)

#4 April 13 2020

gamingindex

I have placed an order with them since 4th of March, till now I have not received it and they're not being honest about when should I expect to receive it. unprofessional!

#5 April 13 2020

khanem

It takes around 20-25 days to arrive. But yes they don't give tracking or accurate ETA.

#6 May 8 2020

zizo99

i have been using their service since September, but unfortunately the exchange rate now is 4000 LL/1$

#7 May 8 2020

Tech Guru

Frankly I will stop dealing with them. They are matching their prices to the black market rate. Ironically,  Amazon and ShopandShip chrage a rate of 1590 and 1515 respectively. Added to to that , the Lebanese customs still charges at 1515.

Quick Example:

I ordered a Suprent beard trimmer. A month ago I paid a total of 85,000 LBP. Now it is 209,000 LBP.

Price Jump: ((209,000 - 89,000)/89,000× 100 % =   +135 %

20200508-231130.jpg
20200508-231704.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 17 2020)

#8 May 11 2020

zizo99

Tech Guru wrote:

Farnkly I will stop dealing with them. They are matching their prices to the black market rate. Ironically,  Amazon and ShopandShip chrage a rate of 1590 and 1515 respectively. Added to to that , the Lebanese customs still charges at 1515.

Quick Example:

I ordered a Suprent beard trimmer. A month ago I paid a total of 85,000 LBP. Now it is 209,000 LBP.

Price Jump: ((209,000 - 89,000)/89,000× 100 % =   +135 %

yes, but you have to paid with your own cards using amazon directly and ship it with shop&ship

#9 May 12 2020

gamingindex

I have an order with them from 4th of march and still till today I haven't received any news about its whereabouts.

#10 May 12 2020

potato

gamingindex wrote:

I have an order with them from 4th of march and still till today I haven't received any news about its whereabouts.

could you share a screenshot of your order ?

#11 May 12 2020

khanem

I dealt with them once and they were reliable but shipping took some time.

#12 May 12 2020

gamingindex

potato wrote:
gamingindex wrote:

https://imgur.com/OD8u413

#13 May 12 2020

gamingindex

potato wrote:
gamingindex wrote:

here's another order that I still didn't receive from march 10

https://imgur.com/qYzqZfo

#14 May 12 2020

potato

Your payment status says: pending ?? That means they didnt receive your payment yet. Until they receives it they will fulfill your orders; amiright?

#15 May 12 2020

gamingindex

potato wrote:

Your payment status says: pending ?? That means they didnt receive your payment yet. Until they receives it they will fulfill your orders; amiright?

they did not receive my payment yet because payment is cash on delivery.

#16 May 12 2020

Dan28

there was a bug on shipped.io site, when you put an item with addon item in cart, the weight changes to "null" so they just charge you by item price, i put a 43inch tv with a soundbar in cart, back when usd/lbp was 2000LL they charged me 103,000 for tax + shipping. to be fair they say that the price you see is what you pay, so i went to their office, paid in cash they said nothing about this mistake, the order arrived after 3 weeks but the soundbar was missing, i called them and they said they actually realized there was a mistake and didnt want to cancel the order or charge extra, so they decided to ship the tv and refund the soundbar. i told them its fine i got a good deal on the shipping i dont want the refund, they insisted on it. i said ok ill just get a discount on my next order. 3 weeks later they called and guess what? they shipped the sound bar alone and delivered it free of charge. ive never had a good experience with shipping companies before, they made my day.

#17 May 13 2020

gamingindex

I've had similar good experiences with them  but starting from march all my orders are taking forever to arrive

#18 May 14 2020

zizo99

shipped.io is over expensive at the moment, their charge rate is 4000LL/1$

#19 May 14 2020

jsaade

zizo99 wrote:

They need to pay USD for items in amazon.
I suppose they should charge USD or 4000/$ per product but handling and taxes + VAT paid in lebanon should be in LBP

#20 May 17 2020

zizo99

jsaade wrote:
zizo99 wrote:

I suppose they should charge USD or 4000/$ per product but handling and taxes + VAT paid in lebanon should be in LBP

yes but they also bumped up the price (almost double) for the shipping cost/customs fees, not worth using their service anymore

Last edited by zizo99 (May 17 2020)

#21 May 17 2020

Elie335

zizo99 wrote:
jsaade wrote:
zizo99 wrote:

yes but they also bumped up the price (almost double) for the shipping cost/customs fees, not worth using their service anymore

Exactly. You pay shipping and customs at 4k rate with them, which they pay at official 1520 rate, let alone the 4 to 6 weeks delivery time with no tracking.

#22 May 19 2020

xerxes

Amazon has been only delivering necessary items due to the pandemic. I think this is the reason behind late delivery.

I always buy from amazon but most of the time I arrange shipping through somebody coming from USA.

#23 May 26 2020

gamingindex

I just received a call from shipped.io regarding the order I placed 3 months ago !!!. In addition to half the order being lost, they want me to pay for the remaining items at the rate of 4000 per $ while I ordered them at the rate of 2300 per $. you should totally avoid using their services.

#24 May 28 2020

m0ei

Avoid them.

I received 2 out 3 of my items after a month of waiting (last week), and I'm still waiting for my final item to arrive.

I have a question though, I'm not sure if they scammed me or not, one time I needed to pay by OMT... I decided to pay via a Lebanese credit card, I've pinged their support and asked her to cancel the order, she said no need and that she'll send me a link to pay. Fast forward a month and a week later, I was looking at the transaction history and I noticed that the "seller" is located in the US, I got billed for 213,000 LL under "Shady Tawul Newark DE US".

How can I confirm whether the bank paid them in USD or LBP? this is a pure scam if the bank gave them USD! I'm going to check today and charge back the amount if what I said turns out to be true.

#25 May 28 2020

Elie335

Nowadays at 4k rate they're asking for deposit before making any order and sometimes the full amount.

Board footer