LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 July 4 2020

wollyka

Re: Paying with Lebanese cards online

I got this sms form Audi
Dear Cardholder, kindly note that the international limit(s) on your card(s) was/were amended. To benefit from higher limit(s), you can link your card(s) to an External Account.

Does anyone know what is the new limit on embark usd card now?

#177 July 4 2020

zizo99

wollyka wrote:

I got this sms form Audi
Dear Cardholder, kindly note that the international limit(s) on your card(s) was/were amended. To benefit from higher limit(s), you can link your card(s) to an External Account.

Does anyone know what is the new limit on embark usd card now?

50$

#178 July 5 2020

infiniteloop

BoB: dropped from 200 to 50$ per month AND you can't pay them all , only 25$ per week
They literally don't want us to use any money in this country anymore

#179 July 5 2020

wollyka

All banks dropped their limits this month. Literally, most cards are only for local use only. They are advertising their "new" external/fresh account now

#180 July 6 2020

zizo99

wollyka wrote:

All banks dropped their limits this month. Literally, most cards are only for local use only. They are advertising their "new" external/fresh account now

indeed they are encouraging people to put their Dollars back in banks

#181 July 8 2020

Hybrid

Audi new limits are $15 for LBP Debit and $30 for USD Debit cards

#182 July 14 2020

Earthmaster

Do not fall for the "If you put 1000$ on hold we give you a card with that amount in it that you can use online".

For BoB for example: 1st they automatically cancelled all USD credit cards and issued LBP cards instead which were limited online to inside lebanon and only if priced in LBP.
Then they had people create an internet card if they want to do online purchases in USD such as Netflix subs, online shopping, etc as long as you have USD in your account. The limit was 500$ and still is advertised as such on their website.
Then they reduced the limit to 25$ per week and 50$ per month on the internet card and proposed to people inquiring about it to put on hold 1000$ for which they get a card issued to them with that precise amount and they can use it without the ridiculous 25$ limit online. 1 month later they put a limit on that card too for 25$.

#183 July 26 2020

Tech Guru

I have a question:

Fresh USD Banks Cards are still working for international transactions / purchases ?

Thank You

#184 July 26 2020

Tech Guru

I have a question:

Fresh USD Banks Cards are still working for international transactions / purchases ? In other words , if I went to the bank and deposited Fresh USD thenn used the internet card for international transactions.

Thank You

#185 July 26 2020

nosense

Tech Guru wrote:

I have a question:

Fresh USD Banks Cards are still working for international transactions / purchases ? In other words , if I went to the bank and deposited Fresh USD thenn used the internet card for international transactions.

Thank You

yes but you need to get a new card that is linked to a fresh account

#186 July 26 2020

xazbrat

Tech Guru wrote:

I have a question:

Thank You

You have a couple of choices (maybe others, but easiest).   Either 1) get a prepaid card which you reload with actual dollars or 2) Link a card to a 'fresh' dollar account.  I would go with the latter as you never know the whims of banks and what they may do to those cards.  I have a card linked to a fresh dollar account and have had no issues.

#187 July 29 2020

fargas111

Hi guys,

Apparently, I still have around 200-250 USD per month on my cards (debit / credit) which I can use to buy internationally.

I don't have anything I want to buy now, so I wanted to check what is the best e-wallet / account that I can top up for the next few months (until the banks stop the international limits completely)?

I know I can top up the Amazon account via gift cards. But I only can buy from Amazon in this case.

Is there any account / wallet which I can top up and use to shop online as if I am using a credit card - not just limited to one website or store...

Not sure if Payoneer or Transferwise allow one to top up the accounts using USD cards issued in Lebanon and whether they can be used to shop freely online.

Thanks

#188 July 30 2020

infiniteloop

fargas111 wrote:

Hi guys,

Apparently, I still have around 200-250 USD per month on my cards (debit / credit) which I can use to buy internationally.

I don't have anything I want to buy now, so I wanted to check what is the best e-wallet / account that I can top up for the next few months (until the banks stop the international limits completely)?

I know I can top up the Amazon account via gift cards. But I only can buy from Amazon in this case.

Is there any account / wallet which I can top up and use to shop online as if I am using a credit card - not just limited to one website or store...

Not sure if Payoneer or Transferwise allow one to top up the accounts using USD cards issued in Lebanon and whether they can be used to shop freely online.

Thanks

from which bank?
I would be super happy to have 200-250$ monthly again, both my cards sgbl and BOB are limited to 50$

#189 July 30 2020

Hybrid

Audi is at $30 per account now (not per card). So if you have 2 or more debit cards, one USD and one LBP, you can only pay $30 in total

#190 August 11 2020

Prince

Am Byblos bank I can't even pay  1 euro .

Last edited by Prince (August 11 2020)

#191 August 14 2020

zizo99

bank Audi are not accepting anymore Lebanese Liras in their embark cards

#192 September 1 2020

Hybrid

Audi is $15 per month for the USD cards, and $15 for their LBP cards, and a total of $15 per month (if you have 2 cards, you can only use $15 per month in total)

#193 September 2 2020

infiniteloop

I used to pay 50$ with my esurf and 50$ with my debit card on amazon for the past 2 months, now I added 50$ with my esurf but the 50$ of the debit card was decline because it ''exceeded the limit''
I didn't use the card this month yet, could it be that SGBL is also counting 2 cards as one?

#194 September 2 2020

wollyka

Hybrid wrote:

Audi is $15 per month for the USD cards, and $15 for their LBP cards, and a total of $15 per month (if you have 2 cards, you can only use $15 per month in total)

I have 2 Audi USD cards and I just paid 15$ in one and 10$ using the other one?!

Last edited by wollyka (September 2 2020)

#195 September 2 2020

wollyka

infiniteloop wrote:

I used to pay 50$ with my esurf and 50$ with my debit card on amazon for the past 2 months, now I added 50$ with my esurf but the 50$ of the debit card was decline because it ''exceeded the limit''
I didn't use the card this month yet, could it be that SGBL is also counting 2 cards as one?

Possibly they lowered the limit like Audi did. It was 50$, now it is 15$

#196 September 3 2020

zizo99

wollyka wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Possibly they lowered the limit like Audi did. It was 50$, now it is 15$

yes Audi reduced their cards limit again and again:/
i just hope we can still subscribe to Netflix. So pathetic

#197 September 3 2020

infiniteloop

What about BOB, is still 50$ per month split into 25$ x2?

#198 September 3 2020

Hybrid

infiniteloop wrote:

I already used the $50 from esurf, and around $11 from the debit card, they aren't related

wollyka wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

I have 2 Audi USD cards and I just paid 15$ in one and 10$ using the other one?!

mm weird, I have 1 LBP and 1 USD, both debit cards, and i can only use a total of $15.. maybe yours isn't a debit card?

#199 September 3 2020

wollyka

Hybrid wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

I already used the $50 from esurf, and around $11 from the debit card, they aren't related

wollyka wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

mm weird, I have 1 LBP and 1 USD, both debit cards, and i can only use a total of $15.. maybe yours isn't a debit card?

True, one embark and one credit card!

#200 September 8 2020

Hamlock

I got a Byblos Bank Makers Card.

Do you guys know if I can still use it to buy online internationally if I get fresh dollars?

Board footer