LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 19 2020

DG

new keyboard

So I bought the HyperX Alloy FPS (red switches) about 1 year ago and recently the Escape and Left Control Key both broke (I am talking about the plastic at the back of the keys so now they don't hold in place anymore).
On top of that... the keyboard is rather loud (because it's a mechanical one). So I was considering something else (scissor  or membrane) like the Cougar Vantar or Aurora.
Which one do you recommend and why ? Also, do scissor and membrane keyboards last a few years if used every day for several hours or do they stop working faster than mechanical ones ?

#2 January 19 2020

bobo619

Re: new keyboard

Mechanical Cherry Mx switches are on the higher end of the keyboard market. Membrane ans scisors would be considered a big downgrade. Although the the cherry mx Red you own are the least loud of the typea of switches(blue being the loudest) i would conisder the new razer keyboard as they tend to have the least amount of sound without compromise.

#3 February 6 2020

ap4ss3rby

Re: new keyboard

If you mean the piece of plastic that goes on top of the switch (the part that makes a keyboard register and has a red cross piece of plastic) a keycap set from aliexpress can fix that, tho they probably cost more than the keyboards you mentioned.

Board footer