LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 9 2020

Toufic

Home battery instead of generator mafia

Any recommendation on where and what battery to buy for home usage that would cover 6 hours of power cuts ?

Main usage for modem, router, tv, some lights and for charging in cases of emergencies ?

Thank you for any inputs

#2 January 9 2020

alcolopa

Re: Home battery instead of generator mafia

Hey,
In my house we have a UPS installed with 2 batteries,
I will ask more about the specs when my dad comes back since he is an electrician he did the System and he knows the specs!

#3 January 9 2020

Toufic

Thank you my dude

I'd appreciate if you can also ask him where he got them from
My aim is not to succumb to the generator mob or the corrupted politicians at all cost
(many friends are doing the same after this humiliating week but i'm looking for the most optimal system both in terms of hardware and capacity)

#4 January 9 2020

alcolopa

Hey!
I asked about the hardware, battery wise you will need 2 batteries with 200 amps each.
APS wise you can get anything that will be able to generate 7 amps and you will be good to go!
You are also going to need an external charger for the battery.

We have been using this system for more than 4 years and we are happy with it i can use my PC and my laptop and we can turn on a TV and 8 lamps and it will last more than 6 hours. The electricity will cut off for a split of a second and come back since it's an APS!

Regarding the place where he bought the stuff from I need to ask him again. I will reply asap!

#5 January 9 2020

VincentKeyboard

This is interesting. How many months do those batteries last and how much do they cost?

#6 January 9 2020

Toufic

alcolopa wrote:

Hey!
I asked about the hardware, battery wise you will need 2 batteries with 200 amps each.
APS wise you can get anything that will be able to generate 7 amps and you will be good to go!
You are also going to need an external charger for the battery.

We have been using this system for more than 4 years and we are happy with it i can use my PC and my laptop and we can turn on a TV and 8 lamps and it will last more than 6 hours. The electricity will cut off for a split of a second and come back since it's an APS!

Regarding the place where he bought the stuff from I need to ask him again. I will reply asap!

Thank you man !! i really appreciate the answer

#7 January 9 2020

alcolopa

No worries!

Board footer