LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 2 2019

VisuallyDesigned

best way to cash out from paypal?

hello all,
I'm a freelancer that gets paid by paypal.
I got some money on there, what's the best way to cash out in your experience?
I know it isn't possible directly, but is there a workaround that works?

I have a payoneer card but paypal doesn't allow payoneer's banks.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
also if there is an e-wallet that supports lebanon, i'd like to know too.
thanks!

#2 December 2 2019

Johnaudi

Re: best way to cash out from paypal?

Back in the days I used to have an entropay card linked to PayPal, withdrew there, then sent the money to Moneybookers/Skrill, then withdrew to the bank. Whole process took a week and 6-9%.

Note sure how things changed.

I'm selling my Skrill USD for BTC, then locally exchanging them for USD cash in the black market. Might be your best bet, purchase BTC and go for the black market. (Usually around 4-15% depending on amount)

Last edited by Johnaudi (December 2 2019)

#3 December 2 2019

rolf

If you can manage to open a foreign bank account in one of the supported countries, it will help you tremendously with PayPal and other services.

#4 December 2 2019

VisuallyDesigned

thanks for the replies guys!

#5 December 4 2019

HzSamer

Hello

There is a solution as you have a Payoneer account.

Payoneer give you a USD bank account which can be linked with Paypal so you can withdraw your money from PayPal to any USD bank for free.

Try to add the Payoneer bank account to PayPal. If that failed, contact PayPal support and ask them for that but don't tell them that you want to link the Payoneer account because they will refuse. Just tell them you need to link your USD bank account in the United States with Paypal.

If you need some help just drop me a PM and I will be happy to help you with that.

Good Luck

#6 December 4 2019

VisuallyDesigned

@samer
Yes i know about that, but only 1 of payoneer's banks work which is central federal saving or something like that.
however, payoneer's bank accounts can only receive money and not pay directly, so in order to successfully do that you need to verify your paypal with a credit card that has your name and same address as paypal.
since lebanese cards don't work i can't verify it, and thus can't link any payoneer account. (paypal takes some money then refunds it to verify, payoneer can only receive money)

However, I have found a way that I'll try.

@john
what's the approx. fees with such a method? I also assume it takes a lot of time to sell the btc locally, especially in this economy? and i have a skrill account, it already supports wire transfers to a bank account doesn't it?

#7 December 4 2019

Johnaudi

It's very easy to sell BTC locally. Give me a PM for details once you want to.
I'm not sure about wire transfer, if I was you I'd refrain from touching the banks. (In such an economic state)

You're receiving money as USD, may I ask the amount interval? Small amounts are better spent using skrill itself, bigger ones have more of a curve.

Last edited by Johnaudi (December 4 2019)

Board footer