LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 8 2019

Nemesis-301

Internet slows every time an hour passes

I have an interesting issue that I don't think my isp is able to figure out.

first some info, I'm subscribed to the global vision vdsl.
the speed and ping are amazing, average ping is between 45-75 ms in all games
and download speed reaches 5.8MB/s (yes I live next to a central, 700 meters away)

now, I was having the same issue with my dsl connection and today when they changed my router to a vdsl one, I'm still having the same issue
every time the hour passes and becomes something like XX:00, my speed goes down to 20-30 KB/s
if I am playing online I either lose connection to the server or have a ping of +1000
I solve this by restarting the router, however when the hour passes it slows down again, and I have to restart router again

for example,
I was playing rocket league, 7:59 no issue, 8:00 I lose connection to the server and my speed drops, I restart router at 8:02, and it works fine until 8:59, when it hits 9:00 exactly it happens again.

I ruled out the router and my pc from the equation, since when the speed slows, it slows down for all devices. And the router was changed today (tp-link TD-W9970). Also the router is connected to my buildings phone box via CAT-6 cable, and CAT-6 ethernet cable from pc to router. And router is always on UPS.

Edit: If you have any suggestions let me know and I'll try them, or do you think its something related to my isp? ogero? central?

Last edited by Nemesis-301 (November 8 2019)

#2 November 10 2019

ahk40a

Re: Internet slows every time an hour passes

Nemesis-301 wrote:

I have an interesting issue that I don't think my isp is able to figure out.

first some info, I'm subscribed to the global vision vdsl.
the speed and ping are amazing, average ping is between 45-75 ms in all games
and download speed reaches 5.8MB/s (yes I live next to a central, 700 meters away)

now, I was having the same issue with my dsl connection and today when they changed my router to a vdsl one, I'm still having the same issue
every time the hour passes and becomes something like XX:00, my speed goes down to 20-30 KB/s
if I am playing online I either lose connection to the server or have a ping of +1000
I solve this by restarting the router, however when the hour passes it slows down again, and I have to restart router again

for example,
I was playing rocket league, 7:59 no issue, 8:00 I lose connection to the server and my speed drops, I restart router at 8:02, and it works fine until 8:59, when it hits 9:00 exactly it happens again.

I ruled out the router and my pc from the equation, since when the speed slows, it slows down for all devices. And the router was changed today (tp-link TD-W9970). Also the router is connected to my buildings phone box via CAT-6 cable, and CAT-6 ethernet cable from pc to router. And router is always on UPS.

Edit: If you have any suggestions let me know and I'll try them, or do you think its something related to my isp? ogero? central?

I would definitely suggest to get the username and password for the PPPoE connection settings, perform a software update or a rollback to a previous firmware, do a factory reset and reconfigure the router.

Board footer