LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#851 June 18 2020

Toufic

Re: Lebanese lira to USD exchange

Any idea what you need to present when buying the 200$ from exchange offices ?
and any idea if anyone can do it ?

Thank you for any help !

#852 June 18 2020

ehecatl

From what i saw on the news, just your ID.

#853 June 18 2020

Bahij.M

Yeah you only need an ID and to sign a paper, 1$ = 3900, I actually was lucky today to be able to directly enter an exchange center, I was only going to receive a normal money transfer from a relative of mine and I didn't even have any idea about this, I saw hundreds of people waiting outside the center and wondered, but anyway I knew the other entrance since I have done this several times before, and I told him I am here for my transfer, then I asked him about what's going on outside and he told me about the 200$ thing, so I asked him if I can do that now and he accepted, gave him my ID and the sum then signed a paper. But I actually advice against going.. It's wayy too crowded, and I highly doubt that everyone can make it.

#854 June 19 2020

duke-of-bytes

this is how you buy cattle .. with 200$

#855 June 19 2020

NuclearVision

Circulating news need verification:
Exchange houses will give you 200,000 upon showing your id.
Cutting the hassle, they know you make 1,000 lbp per usd. They keep usd.

#856 June 20 2020

Tech Guru

Note:

The Money Exchangers Syndicate stops the $ 200 withdraw on ID cards only ,and continues to sell dollars to anyone who proves why  they need dollars through documents.

This is not a solution rather a temporary pain  ease injections. Many were buying those 200 USD at 3900 LBP rate then selling them at 5000 black market rate. An 8 members family will make a profit of
200(5000-3900) =220,000 × 8 = 1,760,000 LBP. People are increasingly slipping into poverty. They seeking any means to make money. As such , people will be satisfied from this marginal gains. In return , black markets will gain momentum and inflation will take place with such anesthetic solutions.

Last edited by Tech Guru (June 20 2020)

#857 June 23 2020

Guitaret

Hello, my cc online limit is around 100$ per month (last time I check) and I don't need them. Is there any way I can buy/transfer this monthly sum then convert it back to a real USD cash note?

#858 June 23 2020

random-username

Guitaret wrote:

Hello, my cc online limit is around 100$ per month (last time I check) and I don't need them. Is there any way I can buy/transfer this monthly sum then convert it back to a real USD cash note?

Only way I can think of is buying gift cards and exchanging them for Bitcoin. Then selling the bitcoin here in Lebanon.

https://paxful.com/buy-bitcoin/with-any … croll=true

#859 June 30 2020

samer
Admin

Admin edit: if you're going to post an exchange rate, please cite your exact source so members can verify it. This helps to avoid spreading additional panic.

#860 July 3 2020

NuclearVision

if someone from abroad sends me usd cash to my bank.
Will they give me usd bills as much as I have ?

#861 July 3 2020

Kareem

NuclearVision wrote:

If you mean fresh money, it depends on the bank.

I have a Blom account and they will let you withdraw the full amount up to $600/day however, Bank of Beirut will give you 75% of the amount received.

#862 July 3 2020

NuclearVision

Kareem wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

If you mean fresh money, it depends on the bank.

I have a Blom account and they will let you withdraw the full amount up to $600/day however, Bank of Beirut will give you 75% of the amount received.

thank you, more people need to know this, rather than getting scammed with WU.

#863 July 4 2020

MrClass

how accurate is lirarate.com ?

#864 July 4 2020

Hybrid

NuclearVision wrote:

I heard from 2 different people that Audi does, no idea about blom.

#865 July 4 2020

kareem_nasser

#866 July 6 2020

jsaade

Every bank does it if you receive external transfer. Even bank of beirut, they are required by law to give you 100% with daily limits.

#867 July 6 2020

xazbrat

I am with Blom---someone posted earlier a $600 daily limit, although I am not sure that is for ATM withdrawals or at the counter.  A couple of months ago someone in front of me at the counter withdrew $10.000--I could tell because that was the amount on the currency counter (or whatever that is called) displayed and she also asked for an envelope to put the money in.

With Byblos, Audi and Blom, I know you can withdraw actual dollar bills---check if it is another bank though for whatever restrictions they may have.

#868 July 20 2020

gamingindex

Since we're only allowed to withdraw 500$ at a 3900LL rate each month, and it's barely enough to cover the basic needs, I would appreciate if someone knows a place or someone who buys cheque bancaire in USD at a rate close to what the bank is offering. thank you!

#869 July 20 2020

Aly

Close to what the bank is offering, forget about it, the rate right now is around 2900 to 3200.

#870 July 20 2020

gamingindex

Aly wrote:

Close to what the bank is offering, forget about it, the rate right now is around 2900 to 3200.

I have no problem with selling a bit at that rate to be able to buy the necessities, would you know a place or a person who's willing ?

#871 July 20 2020

xerxes

is there anyone buying at 3200?

#872 July 20 2020

Georges00

PM me with the amount you want to sell and the bank. I might be interested.

#873 July 22 2020

aboutarek

xerxes wrote:

3200 rate is good for me. PM for more details

#874 July 23 2020

Kazouza

xerxes wrote:

PM me details please

#875 August 4 2020

Tech Guru

Fasten Your Seatbelts for a Worse Economic Outlook:

BDL secures credits for importers of basic materials, specifically wheat, fuel, and medicine, at the official price of the dollar that remains stable at the borders of 1515 Lebanese pounds, is at risk of losing its entire reserve in dollars, which was before the aggravation of the crisis last October $ 39 billion, and today it does not exceed 18 billion dollars.

Governor of the Banque du Liban will not last long with the policy of supporting the import of basic materials used, and he has set a time limit of no more than 3 months to put an end to the attrition, by finding a quick solution to the current crisis. However, faltering negotiations with the International Monetary Fund, and the absence of realistic alternatives and options, pushing those involved in the financial file to raise the voice, and alerting to urgent solutions that the government may resort to, the cost of which will be very large for citizens, the most prominent of which is the raising of the official price to exchange the dollar in the next few months, in exchange for remaining salaries As is, what leads to a lack of purchasing power, and thus an additional contraction of the national economy, which is witnessing an unprecedented collapse.

Last edited by Tech Guru (August 4 2020)

Board footer