LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 December 10 2020

Tech Guru

Re: PlayStation 5 Officially Announced

Update:

Confirmed Today

There is a small shipment from Fattal at 712 USD but will be distributed for big electrical retailers. They are disclosing that in whisper to big retailers. Kouyiumji confirmed that to me. A next bigger batch will come in Jan. No ETA yet

#177 December 10 2020

RandomMemory

Tech Guru wrote:

Update:

Confirmed Today

There is a small shipment from Fattal at 712 USD but will be distributed for big electrical retailers. They are disclosing that in whisper to big retailers. Kouyiumji confirmed that to me. A next bigger batch will come in Jan. No ETA yet

Did they make sure it will be resold at that price or change anything from the previous batch?

Last edited by RandomMemory (December 10 2020)

#178 December 10 2020

Tech Guru

RandomMemory wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Update:

Confirmed Today

Did they make sure it will be resold at that price or change anything from the previous batch?

I will receive soon I set the preorder on the 20th , a one day after after the 1st wave.

647 + 72 vat on 1520
647USD + 109,00 LBP

#179 December 11 2020

kareem_nasser

Tech Guru wrote:

Update:

Confirmed Today

A friend got in touch with Fattal and SonyMEA, and confirms this. Issue has been handled and first batch to come by next week. Basically the original shipment is back in order.

Last edited by kareem_nasser (December 11 2020)

#180 December 12 2020

Tech Guru

kareem_nasser wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Update:

Confirmed Today

A friend got in touch with Fattal and SonyMEA, and confirms this. Issue has been handled and first batch to come by next week. Basically the original shipment is back in order.

Will your friend be able to grab one ?

#181 December 12 2020

Tech Guru

Update:

They Lunched patch 1.04 of CyberPunck 2077. It improved a lot on the PS5 , now 60fps. Awesome

https://youtu.be/yrlE2v1sVkA

To experience full Next Gen experience ,CD Projekt Red will lunch a full 2021 patch including real time rendering. Meanwhile , with each patch they are stacking up the performance and visual fidelity on next gen consoles. It is still running on backward compatibility mode.

Last edited by Tech Guru (December 15 2020)

#182 December 12 2020

kareem_nasser

Tech Guru wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Update:

Confirmed Today

Will your friend be able to grab one ?

Dont think so.

But he didnt confirm the pricing you mentioned, just to clarify.

#183 December 12 2020

Beta0

Tech Guru wrote:

Update:

They Lunched patch 1.02 for CyberPunck 2077. It improved a lot on the PS5 , now 60fps. Awesome

https://youtu.be/yrlE2v1sVkA

To experience full Next Gen experience ,CD Projekt Red will lunch a full 2021 patch including real time rendering. Meanwhile , with each patch they are stacking up the performance and visual fidelity on next gen consoles. It is still running on backward compatibility mode.

60fps with terrible LOD, constant popups, crashes take longer to happen with the latest update tho, I switched to PC, better graphics but still CTDs every 2 hours exactly.
I think people are erasing the fine line between usual launch bugs and functionality as an effort to keep the hype up and probably corporate bootlicking ;) /s
Switching Windows priority to background task eliminates occasional stutters and popups, but it reduces lower minimum fps a tiny bit.
Future updates will probably be downgrades, same path MSFS is taking...

Last edited by Beta0 (December 12 2020)

#184 December 12 2020

RandomMemory

if you're playing cyberpunk on a non intel PC you can use these instructions to boost up performance. https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme … ler_which/

#185 December 15 2020

Tech Guru

Confimed at the Official Price in Leb [ 650 USD - 720 USD]

Next week ETA  , though very limited stock will be received.

Screenshot-20201215-135328-Whats-App.jpg

#186 December 15 2020

LifeEngineer

Let someone enjoy a PS5 ya Ihab.

We know you're rich, and we know that you got fresh USD, and we know that you have connections; we also acknowledge that it is your right to get as many PS5s as possible and make a profit out of it as a business, even be an outright scalper.

However, just think of how many families, how many kids or adults, are just dying to get their hands on a PS5, especially now around Christmas. Just imagine that you're a father of one of these boys and you can barely, barely pay the required 700$ for it just to make your son happy. What would you think of the people who snatch these PS5s as soon as they are available to deplete the stock and then resell them at double the price?! Really. I'm totally sincere here. Just make a pause and think about it.

Last edited by LifeEngineer (December 15 2020)

#187 December 15 2020

potato

Rich society in lebanon needs alot of repair to adjust with human feelings. Dont get me wrong some are good and have good heart.

Last edited by potato (December 16 2020)

#188 December 15 2020

anayman_k7

LifeEngineer wrote:

Let someone enjoy a PS5 ya Ihab.

We know you're rich, and we know that you got fresh USD, and we know that you have connections; we also acknowledge that it is your right to get as many PS5s as possible and make a profit out of it as a business, even be an outright scalper.

However, just think of how many families, how many kids or adults, are just dying to get their hands on a PS5, especially now around Christmas. Just imagine that you're a father of one of these boys and you can barely, barely pay the required 700$ for it just to make your son happy. What would you think of the people who snatch these PS5s as soon as they are available to deplete the stock and then resell them at double the price?! Really. I'm totally sincere here. Just make a pause and think about it.

Good luck with your attempt to reach his conscious, personally - and sadly - I think it will fail just like previous attempts, and you will get some lame argument

#189 December 20 2020

Victor

So when is the new batch of PS5s reaching Leb? Wasn’t it supposed to be today

#190 December 22 2020

Victor

Just contacted 2 stores and they both confirmed that the PS5s will arrive to Fattal and will be distributed today or tomorrow. The price will be in the 1000$ (Official price not scalping) range; because a PSN card is included and something about the customs taking tax in USD. What a fucking joke of a country

#191 December 22 2020

bobo619

Victor wrote:

Just contacted 2 stores and they both confirmed that the PS5s will arrive to Fattal and will be distributed today or tomorrow. The price will be in the 1000$ (Official price not scalping) range; because a PSN card is included and something about the customs taking tax in USD. What a fucking joke of a country

They are taking people for fools by justifying the price increase on customs taking USD which is 100% not true LMAO

#192 December 22 2020

ramy58

I suspect this spike in prices is due to Christmas. A lot of stores, such as Mojitech, Phonefinity, Shadi Najjar, have it in stock and are selling it at $1050. Kouyoumji told me that I'll have to wait till January and that the price has jumped by 100 dollars (at 766 USD + 110,000 LBP). I hate this country.

#193 December 24 2020

Tech Guru

I got two at 930 USD with two PSN Cards (50 $) Ones
Now I am getting at 970 USD Range with the Card.

Third wave will arrive mid of Jan. Prices will not drop drastically , from  sources it will be approximately 800 USD the Disc. variant from Fattal.

Last edited by Tech Guru (December 26 2020)

#194 December 26 2020

ironman

Tech Guru wrote:

Third wave will arrive mid of Jan. Prices will not drop drastically , from  sources it will be approximately 800 USD the Disc. Varaint from Fattal.

Amazing, mabrouk

#195 December 26 2020

Kazouza

Tech Guru wrote:

Third wave will arrive mid of Jan. Prices will not drop drastically , from  sources it will be approximately 800 USD the Disc. Varaint from Fattal.

Wow, mabrouk habibi

#196 December 26 2020

Beta0

Why is no one talking about low supply? Is it really scalping at such low stock numbers?

#197 December 26 2020

nosense

Beta0 wrote:

Why is no one talking about low supply? Is it really scalping at such low stock numbers?

regardless, if you’re buying more than one for the purpose of selling them back for profit then you’re a piece of shit

#198 December 26 2020

Beta0

nosense wrote:
Beta0 wrote:

regardless, if you’re buying more than one for the purpose of selling them back for profit then you’re a piece of shit

First 2-3 days during launch indeed, that is scalping. But this is considered a rare item released beyond a month so far, made for collectors due to low stock, "a gem" :-). Sony did it all. RTX3080 was very short on stock as well.

Last edited by Beta0 (December 26 2020)

#199 December 26 2020

Tech Guru

Happy Holiday Folks. Enjoy !

20201225-203327.jpg

#200 December 26 2020

kareem_nasser

Supply issues are global, and we all know why.

Just curb your thirst to buy the console, i am pretty sure we are not 10 year olds here. Ignore the scalpers and postpone buying the console for now. Plus waiting to buy the console has its benefits including, more exclusives, firmware updates to iron out issues and in certain cases hardware revisions that tweak the hardware to decrease general failure.

As long as you keep the demand, the prices will take a lot of time to go down and scalpers will keep taking advantage of the low supply situation.

Board footer