LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 November 19 2020

RandomMemory

Re: PlayStation 5 Officially Announced

shame

#102 November 19 2020

Kareem

This made my day hahaha

#103 November 19 2020

vlatkozelka

m0ei wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Damn You Scaplers

https://www.olx.com.lb/en/ad/sealed-ps5 … 7qV0O.html

You were saying?

Look at the time of the OLX ad too. There's less that 10 minutes between him posting the ad, and then posting on here...
m0ei you are the man (or woman, I just love you)

#104 November 19 2020

Beta0

Well, technically he has a visible scalp...

#105 November 19 2020

potato

Lets be honest we live ina jungle so dont expect more than this in this lovely country. Everyone is doing their part.

#106 November 19 2020

anayman_k7

WOW, what a shame! If you want to be a scalper at least do it in secrecy and don't try to show yourself as an angel!

#107 November 19 2020

Tech Guru

I got 4 , judging from the current listing I listed the other four. Even Tahan and Khoury are selling now at 1500 USD. Nice profit indeed LMFAO. I said " negotiable" so I I i am free to lower the price depanding on the person. Why the hate ? LMFAO

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 19 2020)

#108 November 19 2020

potato

Tech Guru wrote:

I got 4 , judging from the current listing I listed the other four. Even Tahan and Khoury are selling now at 1500 USD. Nice profit indeed LMFAO. I said " negotiable" so I I i am free to lower the price demanding om the person. Why the hate ? LMFAO

You dont need to explain anything you are free to sell with your own price. Who disagrees is free to disagree no need for personal attacks. There is no law that protects consumers for crazy prices since its a luxury/entertainment item.

#109 November 19 2020

RandomMemory

Tech Guru wrote:

I got 4 , judging from the current listing I listed the other four. Even Tahan and Khoury are selling now at 1500 USD. Nice profit indeed LMFAO. I said " negotiable" so I I i am free to lower the price demanding om the person. Why the hate ? LMFAO

Because you visited the store selling the cheapest and killed the opportunity of being able to buy a system for people who regardless of their economic status were hoping to get one just so you can kick up the price 2 to 3 times higher than what it's intended to be sold at and now there's people who won't be able to get their hands on a system for at least a month. And the worst part is you come here shit talking scalpers thinking we're just dumb. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to buy from you and you make 0 profits off the console.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 19 2020)

#110 November 19 2020

anayman_k7

Tech Guru wrote:

You can do whatever you want with it (you chose the unethical method), it is yours, sell it for 1 million dollars if you want, nobody is hating but is it kind of funny for a certain point to be damning yourself at the end
26wvib.jpg

Last edited by anayman_k7 (November 19 2020)

#111 November 19 2020

m0ei

Tech Guru wrote:

You can keep scalping, for all I care. But don't act like a nice guy damn-ing scalpers, then you end up doing the exact same thing.

Hypocrisy at its finest "LMFAO".

Last edited by m0ei (November 19 2020)

#112 November 19 2020

Beta0

potato wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

You dont need to explain anything you are free to sell with your own price. Who disagrees is free to disagree no need for personal attacks. There is no law that protects consumers for crazy prices since its a luxury/entertainment item.

100% agree, except there was no personal attack.

#113 November 19 2020

ramy58

I don't think this forum has ever seen this level of drama.

#114 November 19 2020

Beta0

ramy58 wrote:

I don't think this forum has ever seen this level of drama.

image.png
Not a bad idea!

#115 November 19 2020

samer
Admin

OK, so the summary is that Tech Guru insulted scalpers, but then was outed as a scalper through an OLX listing he made. Joke's on him.
Please put down the pitchforks and let's stick to the topic.

#116 November 20 2020

mmk92

I mean objectively speaking, it makes sense for a scalper to hate other scalpers. The less there is to scalp, the less profit there is to make.

Last edited by mmk92 (November 20 2020)

#117 November 20 2020

chosen2k

Bahahahahhaha that was epic. Good catch m0ei

#118 November 20 2020

RandomMemory

Just picked up mine for 750$ from gadgitech. Cheers everyone

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 20 2020)

#119 November 20 2020

nosense

it’s sad I could not get one yesterday and it’s going for $1150 today

#120 November 20 2020

kareem_nasser

Those who recently bought the PS5, would be cool if you shared at least first impressions or review (you maybe brief) of the console.

#121 November 20 2020

Tech Guru

Intial Impressions:

A leap ahead of PS4 /PS4 Pro.

1- PS4 Games are backward compatible , without a patch for the PS5. You will tip 60fps. I tried Days Gone , God of War , and Shadow of  Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice are all locked 60fps now. Very enjoyable , frame latency decreased from 33ms to 16ms.

2- I tried Call of Duty Cold War ,  the PS5 version. On 120fps mode and 60fps Raytracing mode. Both are reall awesome. The PS5 uses dynamic 4K with lower bounds not lower than 1440p to tip 120fps. Iam using the Sony 2020 X900h TV set with HDMI 2.1 inputs.

3 - Marvel Spider man Remastered and Spider Man Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales have a reshuffled lighting system which gives a true next gen look.

4 - Very fast from cold start to ingame , and very fast in loading. Every thing feels snappier now.

5- Dual Sense Controller is next gen. For example, in Call of Duty Cold War,  each weapon has an intesity trigger level. This will give an unprecedented level of new immersivity dimension I have not witnessed before.

What I didn't like:

1- Nvme SSD storage is lucklaster. You have 660GB of usuable storage. All PS5 games must be installed on the PS5 internal SSD since they are optimized to take advantage of it ( loading ,texture streaming ..). Till now Sony didn't release two critical patches:

The ability to move PS5 games to an external HDD / SSD. To free up the internal SSD , the game must he deleted. Second, no support of Nvme PCI E gen 4 SSDs ,  at release. To be patched soon.

2- No VRR support out of the box. An firmware update is needed.

3- There some unclear steps on how to patch old PS4 , digital or disc , titles to PS5. How to move old saved data not to loss progress. Youtube is the best friend.

Initial Conclusion:

A console that feels next gen , with a solid unpolished experience hampered by missing out of the box features that need future updates. The PS5 hardware is impressive. It has a custom Zen 2 CPU , custom RDNA GPU ,  a unified pool of 16GB GDDR 6 Vram  with a total bandwidth of 448Gb/sec ( for reference the 2080 super has a total memory bandwith of 496Gb/sec) , a very fast nvme gen 4 ssd with tthe flexibility to expand in the future.

Score: 9/10

#122 November 20 2020

RandomMemory

My review: You can feel the grass it's not a lie :')

Joking aside. I really really hope the devs make good use of the haptic feedback. Astro's playroom was awesome to play. Unfortunately I could not get demon's souls because it's not available until tuesday so I'm hoping alfa's unlimited internet will be fast enough to download it.

#123 November 20 2020

Tech Guru

RandomMemory wrote:

Can you pay them in Fresh USD. I was checking them , their USD values are not adjusted to black market rate only LBP. They still dividing the LBP / 1500 making the USD values very high.

#124 November 20 2020

RandomMemory

Tech Guru wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Can you pay them in Fresh USD. I was checking them , their USD values are not adjusted to black market rate only LBP. They still dividing the LBP / 1500 making the USD values very high.

Yes you can. I chose to pay 6.2M tho. But I preordered last sunday night. They are not selling non preorder units.

#125 November 20 2020

nosense

abed tahan (official sony reseller) is selling the ps5 for $1250
what a fucked up country we live in

Board footer