LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 22 2019

Scode99

Time to go!

Hello guys whether you like it or not its time to leave this country for good.
Has anyone applied any immigration documents to any country? Is it easy?
Where do lebanese people immigrate to?
Usa? Canada? A country in euro?

#2 September 22 2019

rolf

Re: Time to go!

You are funny. It will be time to go when you receive your visa. If you are immigrating, this usually takes years. Good luck!

This is a very complex topic so you will have to do some research yourself.

Usually, to have a chance to immigrate legally, you have various  pathways:
- Humanitarian immigration, asylum - like you are fleeing a country at war and immediate danger on your life. I don't think you qualify.
- Skilled immigration: you have exceptional skills or education and are likely to find work
- Family: your close family has successfully immigrated and they want you to join them (or you marry a foreigner).
- Study abroad then find a work immediately afterwards.
- Be invited and get a job offer by a company abroad (they must really like you for some reason)
- Investment: If you have a considerable amount of money you can invest (following particular conditions) or buy property and then after a number of years you will qualify to apply for citizenship. In some countries (Cyprus for example, I am told) it is doable.

Oh and there is the US green card lottery as well. If you are interested, register directly, not through an "agent" they will only steal your money.

If you are a Jew, you can make Aliyah to Israel.

And if you have already have a passport from another country (maybe by birth for example) then you can just go and try to rebuild your life there, it is not called immigration, just relocation I guess.

There are also a number of countries you can visit without a visa, using your Lebanese passport. They are not typical first-world immigration destinations but some may have interesting options, for example in some countries in south-america you just need to prove that you have a steady revenue of $1000/month and you would qualify for a residency visa.

It's a wide world, you took the 1st step. All the information is out there on the internet, maybe this can be your next step.

Keep an open mind and I wish you success.

Last edited by rolf (September 22 2019)

#3 September 22 2019

Johnaudi

Don't want to sound mean or anything but the 99 on your username may translate into 1999, which means you are around 20 years old. Are you sure you are willing to take such a step?

Your best bet would be studying abroad at this age nevertheless.

#4 September 22 2019

samer
Admin

Regarding studying abroad as a gateway to residence, you'd have to do more research, but my understanding is that if you can get admitted to a public German university, the tuition would be (almost) free. After graduating, you'll be given 12-18 months to find a job, which would be way easier than trying to apply from Beirut. This probably applies to other countries in Europe like France.

#5 September 23 2019

beezer

It's easy to immigrate if you meet the requirements.

Do you have $50k+?
Do you have a degree that's high in demand?

If so, you'll be good to go, if not, take a number and wait your turn. Just being realistic.

#6 September 23 2019

rolf

samer wrote:

Regarding studying abroad as a gateway to residence, you'd have to do more research, but my understanding is that if you can get admitted to a public German university, the tuition would be (almost) free. After graduating, you'll be given 12-18 months to find a job, which would be way easier than trying to apply from Beirut.

My understanding is that US offers a similar pathway, but with less time to find a job. I believe Canada would offers something similar.
Germany is a good suggestion, the quality of education should be good and the student life is good. You would have to learn German (unless there are public universities in english, I am not sure) which is no easy task by any standard, but would be worth it.

I know at least one person who studied in London and then found work there and stayed. The advantage of the UK is the low language barrier and generally it is welcoming for foreign students, of which there are many. However the big negative is that you have to pay a fortune in student fees and living expenses.

#7 September 23 2019

Hybrid

Canada Immigration, go for it, if you have a masters degree, you will be there in less than a year, if you have an undergrad degree, you might get lucky if you have the job experience and english language, there's a huge topic in here somewhere about it

#8 September 23 2019

Cage

I would suggest you pick a country first because each country has its own policies and immigration programs. The Lebanese are everywhere, but you can find them mostly in countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Germany, maybe France too? I plan on immigrating to Canada through the Express Entry Program which is a point based program. The higher your points there higher the chances and every 2 weeks they assign a cut-off score and every candidate with a higher score most likely will get invited for a permanent resident visa. You can use the CRS calculator on the Canadian's government website and also check cut-off scores to get a brief understanding about this whole thing. Well that is all about Canada, so the first step would be to look into a specific country's policies.

#9 September 24 2019

Joe

samer wrote:

This probably applies to other countries in Europe like France.

I confirm it's the case for France.

#10 November 18 2019

aRK0

Leaving to Australia next year

#11 November 19 2019

Tech Guru

Your best niche is Canadian Express Entry Visa Immigration ,  It is a long process but worth it and fits your purpose.

This tool will help you calculate your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) 

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … s-tool.asp

ITA -  Invitation to Apply ,  Minimum CRS points is approximately ~ 472 which is highly competitive.

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/11/new-exp … 13167.html

If you decide , I advice you to start preparing for  the IELTS (Training)

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 19 2019)

#12 November 19 2019

Hybrid

For Canada, it's pretty much hard to get the points, unless you apply as a married couple or if you have a masters degree or a PHD. And you need 5 years of experience in the major you graduated from, plus good IELTS points (8+ for listening, 7+ for everything else). Otherwise it's almost impossible to get the 450 points unless you can find a job there first.

#13 November 19 2019

Tech Guru

Hybrid wrote:

For Canada, it's pretty much hard to get the points, unless you apply as a married couple or if you have a masters degree or a PHD. And you need 5 years of experience in the major you graduated from, plus good IELTS points (8+ for listening, 7+ for everything else). Otherwise it's almost impossible to get the 450 points unless you can find a job there first.

They changed the value of points given to a Job Offer ( much lower now from scam job ffers ,  or connections related jobs offers ( some one there who sent a job offer).

They distributed points now:

1st Blood Kinship
2nd Blood Kinship
Married with Wife doing good on the IELTS or TEF (French)

I obtianed the ITA with an MBA , 4 Years of Experience ( I have  more ) , Decent IELTS Scores ,  < 40 years old .. No relatives there ,  No Job Offer)

#14 November 19 2019

Hybrid

Tech Guru wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

They changed the value of points given to a Job Offer ( much lower now from scam job ffers ,  or connections related jobs offers ( some one there who sent a job offer).

1st Blood Kinship
2nd Blood Kinship

I obtianed the ITA with an MBA , 4 Years of Experience ( I have  more ) , Decent IELTS Scores ,  < 40 years old .. No relatives there ,  No Job Offer)

Ah I got the ITA over 3 years ago, how many points did you get in total?

#15 November 19 2019

hackable?

Tech Guru wrote:

Your best niche is Canadian Express Entry Visa Immigration ,  It is a long process but worth it and fits your purpose.

ITA -  Invitation to Apply ,  Minimum CRS points is approximately ~ 472 which is highly competitive.

Not to bring anyone's hope down but if you only speak 1 language, have no master's degree, and no relatives in Canada it's pretty much hopeless regardless of how much you score on the IELTS.

My case - 8.5 listening / 9 reading / 7 writing / 8 speaking
and 4 years of experience ( once you go above 3 years you get the same points)
My score - 438 points
The last time the score was that low was the end of last year. The goal for the number of invitations for this year is almost met so I don't think the score will drop that low.

Options you have if you're in my case:
- Learn french and sit for the TEF or TCF exams (based on several people - both exams are hard even for native speakers)
- Get a master's degree
- Hope that your occupation becomes highly in demand in one of the provinces and they invite you to apply

Good Luck!

#16 November 19 2019

Tech Guru

Hybrid wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

1st Blood Kinship
2nd Blood Kinship

Ah I got the ITA over 3 years ago, how many points did you get in total?

I got 455 in total ,  though I repeated the IELTS twice to increase my chances and it worked.

#17 November 20 2019

rolf

Anyone here able to sustain themselves through remote / freelance work ("digital nomad")? There are a few countries you can go on your Lebanese passport.

Last edited by rolf (November 20 2019)

#18 November 20 2019

Scode99

aRK0 wrote:

Well your lucky ?
What did you apply as?
Immigration?
Student??

#19 November 21 2019

aRK0

Scode99 wrote:
aRK0 wrote:

Well your lucky ?
What did you apply as?
Immigration?
Student??

My fiance Leb/Aus
Visa Partner

#20 November 26 2019

TheIlluminative

aRK0 wrote:
Scode99 wrote:
aRK0 wrote:

Well your lucky ?
What did you apply as?
Immigration?
Student??

My fiance Leb/Aus
Visa Partner

Does she has a single sister?

#21 December 4 2019

aRK0

Nop, her sister is married lol, but anyways u have to pay 5000$ for the visa to go

#22 December 5 2019

user

hackable? wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Not to bring anyone's hope down but if you only speak 1 language, have no master's degree, and no relatives in Canada it's pretty much hopeless regardless of how much you score on the IELTS.

My case - 8.5 listening / 9 reading / 7 writing / 8 speaking
and 4 years of experience ( once you go above 3 years you get the same points)
My score - 438 points
The last time the score was that low was the end of last year. The goal for the number of invitations for this year is almost met so I don't think the score will drop that low.

Options you have if you're in my case:
- Learn french and sit for the TEF or TCF exams (based on several people - both exams are hard even for native speakers)
- Get a master's degree
- Hope that your occupation becomes highly in demand in one of the provinces and they invite you to apply

Good Luck!

Open a profile anyway, I had a 438 score too and now I am here. Yes scores fell in 2017 (which is how I made it) but I applied in 2016 and 2016 was hopeless. But I applied anyway and waited and kept my profile alive, and then a sudden rule change and I got in...

I hope you have some time before you hit 30 years old though.

Board footer