LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 3 2019

woods

AppleCare and the existing Apple authorized resellers in Lebanon

Did anyone had any experience in using AppleCare policy (for an iPhone let's say) with any of the existing Apple authorized resellers in Lebanon?

#2 September 4 2019

ironman

Re: AppleCare and the existing Apple authorized resellers in Lebanon

Adkom Dora. A friend of mine replaced his Airpod and his iPhone camera for free.
Good luck.

#3 September 4 2019

VincentKeyboard

My neighbor replaced her iphone 8+ charger at Adkon Dora. They kept the phone for an hour to test if there were any additional battery issues. The maintenance was for free.

#4 September 4 2019

woods

But, on the other the hand, I was also told that I can't purchase apple care for a device that was bought locally in Lebanon; is that correct?

#5 September 4 2019

VincentKeyboard

Correct. Because shops are only entitled to give you "shop warranties" and not "manufacturer warranties" unless they are authorized resellers and are able to register your purchase with the manufacturer or brand owner.

However, if the local shops are buying products from the authorized reseller or "Wakeel", they can choose to be nice enough to take your item to the "Wakeel" for servicing.

Last edited by VincentKeyboard (September 4 2019)

#6 September 4 2019

woods

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Correct. Because shops are only entitled to give you "shop warranties" and not "manufacturer warranties" unless they are authorized resellers and are able to register your purchase with the manufacturer or brand owner.

However, if the local shops are buying products from the authorized reseller or "Wakeel", they can choose to be nice enough to take your item to the "Wakeel" for servicing.

But in the case of Apple products, I am talking about the authorized resellers by Apple.

It happened I just contacted iStyle, and they informed me they can't provide the apple care coverage. So I am trying to figure out how to get the apple care coverage on a device purchased locally in Lebanon from any of the existing authorized resellers by Apple (which are 2 or 3 as I can see on Apple website - one of them doesn't have any website).

Last edited by woods (September 4 2019)

#7 September 4 2019

VincentKeyboard

Consult Adkom on what the best next step is.

#8 September 4 2019

MrClass

I think you can purchase it online. As long as the device warranty activation is only 1-2 weeks old; you can get AppleCare for it.

Go to Apple's warranty checker website, put in the serial number of the device, Apple will inform you if the device is eligible for AppleCare

#9 January 28 2020

vengeance666

Anyone ever did a paid battery replacement at Adkom? Do they even provide original OEM batteries for iphones? And what price did you have to pay?

#10 January 28 2020

dsoftware.king

Try actyv, they replaced my macbook pro screen for free with apple care

#11 January 28 2020

vengeance666

dsoftware.king wrote:

I don't have applecare, and I have 2 apple devices bought respectively 2 years ago and 1.5 years ago. Both of them have a battery health of 85%. I'm just concerned about having their batteries replaced somewhat in the future when it's needed and I would like to have myself an OEM battery, I don't go for cheap hardware replacements.

#12 January 28 2020

dsoftware.king

vengeance666 wrote:
dsoftware.king wrote:

I don't have applecare, and I have 2 apple devices bought respectively 2 years ago and 1.5 years ago. Both of them have a battery health of 85%. I'm just concerned about having their batteries replaced somewhat in the future when it's needed and I would like to have myself an OEM battery, I don't go for cheap hardware replacements.

I tried to change my iphone 7 battery and it costs around 180,000 LBP!!!
It should be around 50$, i will change it when i travel

#13 January 29 2020

vengeance666

dsoftware.king wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:
dsoftware.king wrote:

Woaah! When was that? Before this whole 2000LL to USD fiasco or before it ?

#14 January 29 2020

dsoftware.king

vengeance666 wrote:
dsoftware.king wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:

Woaah! When was that? Before this whole 2000LL to USD fiasco or before it ?

they replaced the screen one and a half years ago.

Battery prices are current after the exchange rate boom. it used to be 50-55$

#15 January 29 2020

vengeance666

I just called and asked if anyone cares. Its 222000 LBP or 111 USD. Twice the price of europe. Nice country, you get ripped off everywhere you go.

#16 January 29 2020

DNA

When you buy apple products you are willingly getting ripped off just by paying a premium for inferior products. Their out of warranty repair is a joke

Last edited by DNA (January 29 2020)

#17 January 29 2020

vengeance666

DNA wrote:

When you buy apple products you are willingly getting ripped off just by paying a premium for inferior products. Their out of warranty repair is a joke

The point is to why do we in Lebanon have to always pay double and triple the price for everything? They charge around 60$ in UK for the same service.

#18 January 30 2020

yasamoka

DNA wrote:

Inferior in what sense?

#19 January 30 2020

xerxes

DNA wrote:

I bought a mac book pro like 4 years ago. Amazing, it's battery still lasts around 5 hours. performs flawlessly .

I also bought an iPhone (switched from samsung) 2 years ago, never been more satisfied. I also have a Huawei mate 20, iphone gives me the better experience

Board footer