LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 19 2019

Guitaret

Any Lebanese cuisine restaurant without Shisha?

Sometimes when on the hunt for new places to eat in Lebanon, I get disappointed when I see "shisha" at the tables. I know I should have asked first before visiting but I wish there is a "shisha" filter on Zomato. (Apparently, this trend is not wearing out and it is here to stay)

Do you know of any Lebanese cuisine restaurant without "Shisha" in the Mount Lebanon area, and please do not mention the "outdoor only smoking area" because it irritates me even more when I see how much BS this policy is.

Thanks

#2 August 20 2019

JudicatorKhoury

Re: Any Lebanese cuisine restaurant without Shisha?

I would love to know aswell.
Every person is free to destroy their own lungs, just not mine.
But sadly I have been constantly feeling that non smokers are such a minority that losing our business is simply not enough for these establishments to make any changes

#3 August 20 2019

xazbrat

Re: Any Lebanese cuisine restaurant without Shisha?

If you head down to Saida, there is a place called 'foul al zaim' (zomato link.)  Note they do allow shisha and smoking but the ventilation is really good and you barely can tell that smoking is allowed.  The food is really good and inexpensive also and it is one of the few places I will go out to eat because of the smoking thing.  Even my brother takes his kids out there and he really careful where he takes his kids out.

I wouldn't mind finding more closer to Beirut though---it is delivery most of the time unfortunately because I like to taste my food, not the smoke around me.

Why pass laws if you don't enforce them?

Board footer