LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 19 2019

joem

TV using internet

Hello,
Any way to watch TV in Lebanon using Internet Connection without a Dish?
(Lebanese channels needed of course besides foreign channels)
Thank you

#2 August 19 2019

bobo619

Re: TV using internet

If you have a good bandwidth(10 Mbps+) you can subscribe to IPTV and install Smart iptv app on samsung or android tvs. Here is a link to which i am subscribed to https://iptvplix.com/. They have all the local lebanese channels including LBC, OTV and even OSN and Bein etc. It is 60$ per year  and offer free trial. Do note that you need a decent internet bandwidth if you don't want buffers i recommend 10Mbps+.

Last edited by bobo619 (August 19 2019)

#3 August 19 2019

Tech Guru

bobo619 wrote:

If you have a good bandwidth(10 Mbps+) you can subscribe to IPTV and install Smart iptv app on samsung or android tvs. Here is a link to which i am subscribed to https://iptvplix.com/. They have all the local lebanese channels including LBC, OTV and even OSN and Bein etc. It is 60$ per year  andbut offer free trial. Do note that you need a decent internet bandwidth if you don't want buffers i recommend 10Mbps+.

What is your Estimated Data Usage per Month and the Resolution being offered?  Thank Yoh

#4 August 19 2019

AVOlio

bobo619 wrote:

If you have a good bandwidth(10 Mbps+) you can subscribe to IPTV and install Smart iptv app on samsung or android tvs. Here is a link to which i am subscribed to https://iptvplix.com/. They have all the local lebanese channels including LBC, OTV and even OSN and Bein etc. It is 60$ per year  andbut offer free trial. Do note that you need a decent internet bandwidth if you don't want buffers i recommend 10Mbps+.

How's your experience with them so far?
Im looking for a decent iptv subscription.

#5 August 19 2019

duke-of-bytes

i have stutters with a 10 Mbps connection

#6 August 19 2019

AVOlio

duke-of-bytes wrote:

i have stutters with a 10 Mbps connection

That usually means its from the servers of the provider themselves.
Which is why im looking for a reliable one, most i've used so far either have too many stuttering channels (with a 25mbps connection) and too many channels that simply don't work.

#7 August 19 2019

new_user

you can buy an iptv subscription from aliexpress

#8 August 19 2019

xazbrat

You could try the iptv services that are advertised, but you can also go the netflix/amazon prime route (more if you have a good vpn).  It is hard finding an a la carte package for IPTV so you end up getting a lot of channels you are paying for and not getting what you want.  There are also IPTV boxes sold around and subscription is $80 or more a year.  A lot of diaspora buy them here and take them to the US, Canada and Europe so they can watch Arabic channels.

#9 August 19 2019

joem

Hello,
Thank you all for your feedback.
Will check the IPTV services.

#10 August 19 2019

bobo619

Tech Guru wrote:
bobo619 wrote:

What is your Estimated Data Usage per Month and the Resolution being offered?  Thank Yoh

My experience with them for the past year was quite pleasing tbh. Most channels offered are 480p and others like OSN and bein can go up to 1080p which can eat up your quota if you spend a lot of time watching as for 480p i don t think it is quite consuming. They also have VOD(video on demands) and you'd be surprised  on how much recent they are. I think as soon as a decent torrent is uploaded they add it a day after in high quality(.mkv) They offer 3 days trial if you want with no commitment nor cc infos you just have to send them an email. Some rants here and there is that rarely some channels are not as diplayed as an example OSN ID for the arab region is Discovery channel etc.. But you can always watch ID US in the United States category and so on.

Last edited by bobo619 (August 19 2019)

Board footer