LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 9 2019

ironman

E-Sim on iPhone XS

Hello guys,

has anyone managed to operate the E-SIM on an iPhone Xs or Xs Max?

The issue is as follows:

I bought an iphone Xs for a friend of mine through a shop that i know / trust.
He used it for around 6 months (normally) using a normal physical sim.
When the E-sim was released by Alfa, he switched to an E-SIM. The phone ran normally for 90 days and then stopped working (No signal).

Note: the iPhone Xs has 2 IMEI(s) (One related to the physical SIM and one for the E-SIM)

Alfa said that customs fees are paid for the first IMEI (Physical) and are NOT paid for the E-SIM one...

We went to Libanpost to pay the customs fees and they told us that customs fees are already paid. The software at Libanpost had a very descriptive error saying that Customs fees are PAID...

"The second IMEI cannot be registered because the first IMEI is already registered by the Importer. Please tell the customer to check the device case with the retail store/shop from where he/she purchased the device"

Alfa told me to refer to the shop that i bought the iPhone from. The guy insists that he paid the customs fees....

No one is willing to help to resolve the situation.

Any idea?

Thanks.

#2 August 10 2019

Salloum

Re: E-Sim on iPhone XS

The shops who import phones don’t have a clue with eSIM is yet so they didn’t register it as a dual SIM phone. The shop has to fix it to edit the registration as a dual SIM device with both IMEIs. It’s the only way.

#3 August 11 2019

ironman

Thank you Salloum

#4 August 11 2019

NuclearVision

Salloum wrote:

The shops who import phones don’t have a clue with eSIM is yet so they didn’t register it as a dual SIM phone. The shop has to fix it to edit the registration as a dual SIM device with both IMEIs. It’s the only way.

Does the system support dual sim registration.

#5 August 12 2019

Salloum

Yes of course. The eSIM has an IMEI like a normal SIM. Just think of it like a normal dual, physical SIM device

Board footer