LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 30 2019

RandomMemory

Terranet symmetrical download microwave plans

I read somewhere around here that terranet offers 12mbps up and down for around 100$ a month via microwave. I couldn't find this info on their website, anyone knows anything about this?

Edit: Apparently it's 200$ for 12mbps symmetrical

Last edited by RandomMemory (July 30 2019)

#2 July 30 2019

ahk40a

Re: Terranet symmetrical download microwave plans

RandomMemory wrote:

I read somewhere around here that terranet offers 12mbps up and down for around 100$ a month via microwave. I couldn't find this info on their website, anyone knows anything about this?

Edit: Apparently it's 200$ for 12mbps symmetrical

Here you go:
WDSL

#3 July 31 2019

xterm

I'd be interested to discuss the details/performance of this plan with anyone that is subscribed to it.

#4 August 1 2019

Abou7meed

Well its 12mpbs symmetrical, and what about the quota ?
can anyone having this microwave connection to ping 8.8.8.8 , just to take an idea about latency !

#5 August 1 2019

RandomMemory

latency is around 40-50MS to EU (That's what they told me) and it's unlimited quota and you get your own public IP.

#6 August 1 2019

TheIlluminative

And how much it is?

#7 August 2 2019

Abou7meed

RandomMemory wrote:

latency is around 40-50MS to EU (That's what they told me) and it's unlimited quota and you get your own public IP.

Well, unlimited quota is great, but I don't think the ping to europe is 40-50ms, a bit higher maybe,
but they are honest by both ... then this is a good deal !

#8 August 6 2019

Hackour

200$ for microwave device and Installation
all "agogo" plans are unlimited  2mb = 50$   / 4mb = 80$...

Last edited by Hackour (August 6 2019)

#9 August 26 2019

RandomMemory

If anyone has this plan, please id like to discuss details like ping to gateway, ping to US/EU and how stable the speeds are and are they affected by peak hours. Working a sensitive remote job currently and paying 110$ for bad connection. I'd appreciate the feedback. Thank you

#10 August 26 2019

nuclearcat

It is near impossible for carrier grade symmetric microwave to cost $200(esp with installation)... they are all in range $2k-$100k. $200 most likely is some cheapo mikrotik-alike device, which by definition is not symmetric (and all of them half-duplex inside) and suffer from interference much more than real microwave links.

Rule of thumb in Lebanon to have 2 operators for critical stuff, at least, and 3G/LTE. Especially as the few month many of ISPs are suffering from attacks and linked intermittent interruptions.

Last edited by nuclearcat (August 26 2019)

#11 August 26 2019

DNA

what's wrong with Mikrotik devices? If you talking about small cpe devices then yea they are low budget afterall. but Mikrotik in general has great products with options and scripting not available in very expensive devices especially routers. i am a huge fan  and use routers on daily basis

Board footer