LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 18 2019

Ari

Cablevision + internet bundle

hello everyone, I have noticed cablevision and Idm/cyberia are doing TV and internet bundles together for as low as 35$/month. Have any of you tried it?  If yes what are your thoughts?
1 I don't have Adsl, I use microwave internet which is pretty reliable for me, is Idm any good? (I live in Annaya,jbeil)
2 my town is set to be fiber ready at Q4 this year, if the town switch is connected via fiber, will I,  as a Adsl user, benefit from more speed or I will be stuck with slow Adsl connection?
(my place is 150m away from the switch, and there is under the road cable directly connected to place,so I am not worried about the distance to my home)

#2 August 13 2019

hishjwnz

Re: Cablevision + internet bundle

My personal experience with IDM after being a customer for 10 years is not that good. Their technical support is almost exclusively available through their call center, where sometimes you have to wait north of 10 mins and they might not be of help at all. It's okay in my case because i haven't had many technical issues but other friends subscribed to IDM are suffering.
I would suggest to go with a company that has support on social media because that makes a huge difference, considering how much more interest they would give to resolving your case if you make a public fuss about it online (special mention to ogero on twitter).

Board footer