LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 2 2019

FadZ

Receiving important document from abroad

Hello all.

I'm currently preparing for a visa application to France, and one of the required documents to obtain the visa should be sent from France by my hosting institution.

The folks from the institution asked me to give them my address so that they can send it by express mail. The only problem is that we don't have a proper address system here in Lebanon.

I don't want the documents to get lost or held up. So what do you think I should do? Someone told me to use the moukhtar's office as the designated address. Should I go for that?

#2 July 2 2019

Hybrid

Re: Receiving important document from abroad

Use your work address if you have one, otherwise your home address, and leave a phone number, the shipping company (liban post, dhl, aramex, UPS....) will call you in Lebanon.

It won't get lost, the people that handle the shipping in lebanon are lebanese and they know how the addresses are.

#3 July 2 2019

FadZ

Hybrid wrote:

Use your work address if you have one, otherwise your home address, and leave a phone number, the shipping company (liban post, dhl, aramex, UPS....) will call you in Lebanon.

It won't get lost, the people that handle the shipping in lebanon are lebanese and they know how the addresses are.

I don't have a work address, but hearing that was reassuring. I'll use my home address. Thanks.

#4 July 2 2019

MrClass

You can rent a mailbox at the shipping companies. You can check with Aramex and DHL for the rates.

#5 July 5 2019

ms94

Libanpost understand our f..up postal system.  They recognize important  documents and will try not to lose them. TLS docs are tracked. When you know what Liban post branch they are in, you can start calling them if you're worried.

Board footer