LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 27 2019

ramkam

ISP says internet is slow because of DDOS attacks?

Yeah, well, nothing on the news or on the threat maps (dunno how accurate those are btw)

So, what do you think? Another poor attempt at excusing whatever other tangible reason (like randomly putting bogus leases to slow down the usage / pay less / bill more kinda stuff) or, nope, ogero external ip points are being DDOS'ed.

#2 June 27 2019

nuclearcat

Re: ISP says internet is slow because of DDOS attacks?

It is possible to trace your external ips from outside and check if it is really DDoS protection or just lies.

#3 June 27 2019

duke-of-bytes

there was a route leak 3 days ago it affected a CDN (cloudflare) but now all is good

#4 June 29 2019

ramkam

nuclearcat wrote:

It is possible to trace your external ips from outside and check if it is really DDoS protection or just lies.

i've checked via ddosmon.net but nothing was reported

#5 June 29 2019

ramkam

duke-of-bytes wrote:

there was a route leak 3 days ago it affected a CDN (cloudflare) but now all is good

Yeah, they claim both that
it has been ongoing for a full week and that they (cyberia) were waiting for ogero to do something
it's ogero's proxy's that were being targeted, so basically, all lebanon was having a slowdown

quickcheck from the nearest starbucks, there's no slowdown there ...
and ... now that my ip lease has changed ... it works fine again

my guess is that they've either mixed up their mapping of ip ranges they call "open speed" and those that are speed limited
it happens so often and they do so little about it, that i wonder if i'm just being simply being crooked a little bit more than usual

Board footer