LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 21 2019

NuclearVision

Chromecast android airpods combination

Hello everyone,
I have a few downloaded series and documentaries that i would like to watch.
I currently use airpods with my huawei and they work flawlessly, Thing is, i want to watch the series on my tv and listen through airpods. My tv is hdmi compatible but it doesn't have bluetooth.
If i buy a chromecast, and cast the serirs through vlc or something will i be able to listen through the airpods?

Alternatively i found some "3.5mm to bluetooth transmitters" on Ali. To my understanding, you plug these into your tv and pair it with airpods. Anyone has an experience with this kind of technology? I mean how do i pair a screenless dongle to screenless airpods in first place?
If someone uses something similiar, is there any delay between video and audio?

thanks!

Last edited by NuclearVision (May 21 2019)

#2 May 21 2019

samer
Admin

Re: Chromecast android airpods combination

Connect your airpods to your laptop via bluetooth. Use a video player on your computer to play the movie. Mirror the screen to your TV via an HDMI cable. Theoretically it works, but practically, there might be some annoying latency (even more if you use a Chromecast instead of a plain HDMI cable). Give it a try!

#3 May 21 2019

xazbrat

You could also get an android box (kodi roku--not sure if chromecast has BT) which has bluetooth support and play the shows on your tv (usually plugs into HDMI port)  I have one, but the sound is not as good as when I play it from my phone, but maybe it is due to my earphones---pretty sure they aren't as good as airpod.

I have seen basic android boxes here for about $50, so you can try your luck here or order one off of aliexpress.

#4 May 21 2019

NuclearVision

@samer, good idea thanks i will try it as i need no extra components.

@xazbrat i do have a 20$ copy chromecast i bought a few years ago from ali, and honestly it's very inconsistent (delays, lags freezes..) that's why i'll stay away from these tv boxes, specially that they're not cheap, some sell for 80$ even on ali, seems like an overkill for my purpose.
On the other hand, If i could load the mp4s on my usb and plug it, and use the bluetooth transmitter to transmit from Tv audio Out to my airpods, that would be something worth investing in.
Specially that here if you're paying more, you know it's better bluetooth quality.

thanks!

Board footer