LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 2 2019

MrElie

Hard Tube Water Cooling

Hey guys,

I'm getting the thermaltake Pacific RL240 D5 Hard Tube water cooling and I was wondering if anyone in Lebanon has the kit for bending the tubes and can help me out.

Also wondering if there is a possibility to buy those tubes from Lebanon. All major shops I know don't have them. ( MEIT, Mojitech, Macrotronics ).

Appreciate the help

#2 April 3 2019

vlatkozelka

Re: Hard Tube Water Cooling

I got the soft kit a while ago, and later updated it to hard tubing.

I would definitely recommend hard tubing over soft, because soft tubing will eventually leach plasticizer and gunk up your waterloop.

But, I wouldn't advise to get thermaltake kit: the radiator is Aluminum while the block and fittings are copper (A BIG NO NO). It will limit you to their terrible coolant too.

My advice would be to order everything from abroad, EK, Alphacool, or even Barrow and Bkski from Ali Express. Would cost around the same as the kit you're thinking about, especially if you have someone that can bring the stuff with them.

I have the bending kit and pipes, and would lend a hand if I have the time. It's not too hard, unless you're making a tricky bend or something.

Here's my PC:

I replaced the radiator with an all copper one from Magicool on Ebay, and got all tubes and fittings from XSPC on Amazon
The coolant is Mayhem X1 red

j9kqiEm.jpg

Last edited by vlatkozelka (April 3 2019)

#3 April 3 2019

MrElie

That setup is really nice. Which area do you live in? Maybe i can borrow the kit to bend the tubes
I already did it just now as you replied but im not 100% satisfied with the result.

Last edited by MrElie (April 3 2019)

#4 April 4 2019

duke-of-bytes

MrElie wrote:

That setup is really nice. Which area do you live in? Maybe i can borrow the kit to bend the tubes
I already did it just now as you replied but im not 100% satisfied with the result.

the thermaltake kit you mentioned is plastic ( no more glass ) so just a bit of heat (heat gun like a big sechoir ) should do the trick .
you would also need a tube cutter and a tube filler ( so the tube wont deform when bent )

be aware they are mixing copper and aluminum in the same kit , very bad

#5 April 7 2019

PowerPC

vlatkozelka wrote:

I got the soft kit a while ago, and later updated it to hard tubing.

I would definitely recommend hard tubing over soft, because soft tubing will eventually leach plasticizer and gunk up your waterloop.

But, I wouldn't advise to get thermaltake kit: the radiator is Aluminum while the block and fittings are copper (A BIG NO NO). It will limit you to their terrible coolant too.

My advice would be to order everything from abroad, EK, Alphacool, or even Barrow and Bkski from Ali Express. Would cost around the same as the kit you're thinking about, especially if you have someone that can bring the stuff with them.

I have the bending kit and pipes, and would lend a hand if I have the time. It's not too hard, unless you're making a tricky bend or something.

Here's my PC:

I replaced the radiator with an all copper one from Magicool on Ebay, and got all tubes and fittings from XSPC on Amazon
The coolant is Mayhem X1 red

https://i.imgur.com/j9kqiEm.jpg

I second that, avoid Thermaltake for watercooling products (i tend to avoid them for all other products too). You can look up on youtube all issues arising from their crap coolant and aluminium rads.

#6 April 7 2019

vlatkozelka

PowerPC wrote:

I second that, avoid Thermaltake for watercooling products (i tend to avoid them for all other products too). You can look up on youtube all issues arising from their crap coolant and aluminium rads.

Luckily enough, people don't even get to the part where their Copper starts to eat out the Aluminum, since it's Zinc plated, and the Zinc starts to give way, in order to protect the Aluminum, and reacts badly with the coolant, that clogs up their systems, and then they just throw all the TT crap away...

If I had known my friend is going to come from Italy back then, I would've shipped all non TT parts with them. But oh well... I replaces the AL radiator with a Copper one, so all is good now : P

To be fair though, the pump/res combo isn't bad at all (the newer ones, it has many versions). Though the pump looks a bit hard on the eyes.

Their cases aren't too bad also, although mostly copied from Fractal Design. But what can we do? it's one of the most available brands here.

Board footer