LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 19 2019

universalanswer

Payoneer in Lebanon

hello guys ! I know this subject has been discussed before but i couldn't find the answers and the updates i need.
Have any of you guys used Payoneer before ? How was the experience ? Do you still use it today ?
I saw a lot of talks about the payoneer mastercard saying it say that I need to have minimum of 30 dollars for fees so where or how do I fund the payoneer account ?
Also there's rumors saying they take every month 3$ for nothing and that if we don't pay them we might get into debt. Is that true ? Has any of you experienced this ?
Again if there's no problems and its safe to use how to actually get it to Lebanon ? They're asking for ZIP codes. Should i contact LibanPost and put the ordering address there ? i really need help with this.
Thank you so much for reading this and i hope you can help me with this situation.

#2 May 1 2019

Ari

Re: Payoneer in Lebanon

universalanswer almost all the banks in Lebanon charge you 3$/month for doing nothing, i have heard about this card and i am interested in it too, please whenever you have further information DM me

#3 May 1 2019

NuclearVision

I got One a few years ago.
They never charged me 3$ per month, i don't know if that's new.

They charge used to charge me 30$ per year, only if your card has the amount, so if your card has only 20$ they won't charge you 30$.
Again i don't know if that changed over the years, As for the zip code just type anything, like 1999, liban post delivers According to your conventional address, Building xxx road xxx Floor xxx. Just make sure to type your phone number in case You never got a package delivered to you.

#4 May 18 2019

Shlagem

Looked into this recently as well. Can you top up a Paypal account with it?

#5 May 21 2019

NuclearVision

Yea you can, but you can't topup the card it self. They improved their system, and they will detect self topping up, it is not allowed.

Payoneer is meant for free lancers, so unless it's company paying you, or someone from abroad, they will refuse the payment... You  can still try it though, it's free.

#6 May 28 2019

NuclearVision

I think it's the standard 5$ per transaction. I could be wrong though.

#7 March 19 2020

nuclearcat

FYI payoneer is blocked today in Lebanon.
First i was WTF, then asked people around about reasoning, it looks because all management and founder - Israeli.
For me it was a surprise, i actually never used them (i can use bank account in my home country), but i know they are one of last options (except crypto) for Lebanese developers.
I know entropay is over for Lebanon too, and Revolut dont support Lebanon.
I wonder, what options Lebanese developers still have to transfer earnings from platforms like upwork?

#8 April 17 2020

imadgeek

Recently, they banned payoneer in lebanon because "its
founder is Israeli". So guys what is/are the alternative/s if there's any?

#9 April 17 2020

Johnaudi

Skrill does the job for me.
Try to make a non Lebanese account (if you have a land outside Lebanon), you'll receive a card and everything.

#10 April 18 2020

imadgeek

Johnaudi wrote:

Skrill does the job for me.
Try to make a non Lebanese account (if you have a land outside Lebanon), you'll receive a card and everything.

No sadly i don't. And I can't travel now. Maybe i could get it through liban post?? But everytime I'll have to withdraw money i have to pay 500$ for traveling lol.

#11 April 18 2020

Johnaudi

imadgeek wrote:

No sadly i don't. And I can't travel now. Maybe i could get it through liban post?? But everytime I'll have to withdraw money i have to pay 500$ for traveling lol.

The physical card is only available if you are a resident of Cyprus (or normal countries for that matter)

#12 April 18 2020

infiniteloop

Johnaudi wrote:
imadgeek wrote:

The physical card is only available if you are a resident of Cyprus (or normal countries for that matter)

I have some $ on Skrill by selling photos on shutterstock, I used to send them to my bank account in $ but right now I don't want to pt a penny in my bank account so I rather buy things with them online, can we buy stuff like on aliexpress or amazon?

#13 April 18 2020

Johnaudi

In case of cash necessity, purchase crypto from a third party (although it can go up to 15% loss) and sell them in the black market here.
It was never easy with so many restrictions on Lebanon since the beginning of time hahah.

@infiniteloop no idea on that, it is quite website dependent.

#14 April 18 2020

Adnan

Basically don't try to get paid online in Lebanon, try with another country you can access to through someone.

The company I work in had to open a branch in another country for this exact problem.

#15 April 25 2020

aiajouz

good morning guys, if i have a monthly internet limit of 100 dollars, is there any e-wallet that i can save the 100 on a monthly basis.
and if i send the money back from the wallet, wont it be considered fresh funds?

#16 April 25 2020

m0ei

You can cash out fresh money from the banks normally.

#17 July 25 2020

Fouche

Hello guys, anyone here still using payoneer ? i have a few questions

#18 August 16 2020

Guitaret

Is there anyone using a virtual credit card in Lebanon to transfer his/her international monthly quota?
Don't want to withdraw them, just to make online purchases.

#19 August 17 2020

zizo99

Guitaret wrote:

Is there anyone using a virtual credit card in Lebanon to transfer his/her international monthly quota?
Don't want to withdraw them, just to make online purchases.

i'm looking for something similar, if you have answers please tell me

#20 October 27 2020

hAdy_994

Yeah you can deposit money into skrill, but if you look at the supported platforms you can buy from with your skrill account, they are very rare. As for payoneer, I registered in 2017 and never worked online. I received the card, and never had any cash to withdraw from it. Their policy only accepts payments from companies. They never charged any amount in 3 years though.

#21 July 26 2021

infiniteloop

My skrill account was disabled because of Lebanon
Now I am checking on creating an account atPayoneer, I can access it by VPN but will they accept my Lebanese bank account?
I am selling photos online, no biggies just 50 to 100$ per year so should I open a fresh $ account or the fees of the bank will be higher than my gain?

#22 July 26 2021

hAdy_994

Bank Audi charges me 3$ per month for my fresh $ account. Payoneer might work for you, you don't need a lebanese bank account to link it to, they sent me a credit card 3 years ago from payoneer for free when I opened my account (you can acquire about it on their website).
Good luck!

#23 July 27 2021

Guitaret

I wish there is a way I get paid in Euros here and not lose part of it due to a rip-off exchange rate like Western Union.

hAdy_994 wrote:

Bank Audi charges me 3$ per month for my fresh $ account. Payoneer might work for you, you don't need a lebanese bank account to link it to, they sent me a credit card 3 years ago from payoneer for free when I opened my account (you can acquire about it on their website).
Good luck!

I have a Euro salary coming in soon to my Audi fresh money account and I would appreciate knowing the below:
- How much are the total Fees to expect? (they told me about 10$ flat rate for each transaction coming in, and 0.5% on each withdrawal)
- The transfers are coming in Euros but Audi bank recommended having a USD account and they do the exchange. Reasons: Euro is not available all the time and not available in ATMs. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Last edited by Guitaret (July 27 2021)

#24 July 27 2021

nefe_lpmk

You have the choice between:
Open a euro fresh account and withdraw euro after calling the bank to prepare it (you will have to pay monthly Euro fees).
Open a USD fresh and transfer euro, bank will do the exchange at slightly lower rate + commission fees (should be ~ 2.5%).
Exchange EURO to USD in your foreign bank and then transfer to your fresh USD account.

#25 July 27 2021

hAdy_994

You can also get paid in Euro on payoneer bro, just try the service, there is a reason why they are one of the best out there.

Board footer