LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 13 2019

Isa Al

Anyone facing Blue Screen of death in Lenovo Laptops?

Hey

I am considering to buy a Lenovo Laptop ( Y7000 mainly) and I read a lot of people complaining in some forums about the blue screen when connecting to monitors.

So anyone faced this issue? and does it cause harm to the laptop or to lose unsaved work? I am not so familiar with this.

Many people in the forums were saying they returned the laptop because they weren't satisfied with this issue. But in Lebanon, it's almost impossible to return a laptop.

I was excited to get a new Lenovo laptop, but now I am hesitating to get a Lenovo laptop. Should I avoid it?

#2 February 13 2019

Elitism Guru

Re: Anyone facing Blue Screen of death in Lenovo Laptops?

Lenovo is known to be hit and miss, even in T series like having 3 different model display on each exact same model laptop, lottery etc...
I would say go with HID evolution store as they do have international warranty even shipping expense albeit a bit pricey. (warranty addition around 120bux)
You can aim for a popular EVOC laptop for trouble free experience. Gigabyte has significant backlight bleeding issues on almost every model.

Last edited by Elitism Guru (February 13 2019)

#3 February 13 2019

Isa Al

Elitism Guru wrote:

Lenovo is known to be hit and miss, even in T series like having 3 different model display on each exact same model laptop, lottery etc...
I would say go with HID evolution store as they do have international warranty even shipping expense albeit a bit pricey. (warranty addition around 120bux)
You can aim for a popular EVOC laptop for trouble free experience. Gigabyte has significant backlight bleeding issues on almost every model.

What other brands do you suggest other than Lenovo? I am really confused now :/

#4 February 13 2019

Elitism Guru

Isa Al wrote:
Elitism Guru wrote:

What other brands do you suggest other than Lenovo? I am really confused now :/

EVOC is a micro brand for clevo built by HIDevolution store itself. No throttling, custom build (lot of screen option to choose for ex) online config.
There are also other brands in the store, I just prefer it as they handle international shipping with no return expense.

Last edited by Elitism Guru (February 13 2019)

#5 March 17 2019

Johnaudi

Did you manage to purchase the Y7000

#6 March 17 2019

Isa Al

Johnaudi wrote:

Did you manage to purchase the Y7000

Nope, I got the Acer Predator 300. I couldn't find the Y7000 in many stores here and the stores who have it I didn't like buying from them.

Board footer