LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 1 2019

ramkam

Mechatronics shop in Lebanon

Greetings all,

It's very complicated to get what you need here (takes 2 years to find something unusual, or is sold at crazy prices).
I used to buy abroad and put them my luggage each time i travel. It's a pain, and i wonder each time if the security at the airports are going to go nuts..

Looked into getting those from Aliexpress, bangood & co. But transport and clearance still seems to be very expensive (i'll just buy a plane ticket instead, cheaper, faster)

I know the usual shops (ekt, cnc labs, the one at dora forgot the name, feghali).
* They don't always have what i'm looking for. And when it's out of stock it can take monthes before they resupply
* With one of those, you get ripped off (sold non working stuff then being accused of having damaged them. Enjoy / F* me.).
* Often, prices are decorellated from the real price. They're the only ones selling it now, so it gets multiplied by something around 2x
* Half of them don't list prices or provide a catalog, you have to ask one by one. It takes hours. days. years.

Before it becomes a rant :-) my question is:

I'm looking for other mechatronics shops
Or recommendations to import stuff at decent prices.
Especially when it's hardware (like linear guides & co) / weight issues
Suggestions?

Stuff i have a hard time finding (at all, or at decent prices) are:
* Alu profiles (40x40 for examples) - more like the Misumi ones (great quality / price ratio); Tnuts, etc.
* Bearings of all sorts, especially the cheap ones (the 10ct-20ct / pc ones)
* Linear guides (hiwin knockoffs are good enough)
* DC Motors & Gears (worm gear ?). Cheapo's. But with some power (40 N.m torque and up). I'm dismantling cordless electrical drills for now ... but it's not very convenient to attach / align properly.
* Steppers & Drivers (NEMA 23, or 32; at decent prices.)
* Spindles & the associated stuff. Especially, ER11 collets (nobody has a decent set of those ? like 2.5 or 2.35 mm?)
* Milling bits (diam 6 and under)
* Various ... cheapo rotary encoder, arduino clones with the propper USB chip, ...), power mosfet breakouts, SSR, etc.
* A small lathe. Ppl are asking for these 1200-2500$ when it costs abroad 700$. Ok there's shipping, but a container can't make it THAT
expensive)

Cheers !

R

#2 February 10 2019

Elitism Guru

Re: Mechatronics shop in Lebanon

NarinMicro has competitive prices to ekt2
They do have a built ready 3 axis cnc for cheap, and few extrusion accessories.

(P.S pure sinewave ups for 100bux!)

#3 February 10 2019

Jerome

Re: Mechatronics shop in Lebanon

You're kinda stuck with the ETK, CNC lab, Boujikian/Narinco stuff, or wait for shipping from China.

However, I noticed on EKT's site they mention shipping to Egypt, maybe the opposite would also work? I've googled some stores there and they seem to have a larger collection (with similar prices).

Board footer