LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 10 2019

Cage

Is there any future for CCE here in lebanon?

hello guys, so i am a first year first semester student at AUL studying CCE there. And well the other day there was this guy aged 31 and he was talking to my friend and we met. He began saying that he wasn't able to find any jobs then i asked what did he major in and he said CCE.(he is now majoring in CS). The other day the same thing happened but with another guy aged around 27 and he was saying that he cant find any jobs with his CCE degree and that's why he is trying to get a CS degree now. And i am like what is this? Is this some like sign that i should change my major or something? What do you guys think ? Just to say i am planning on working abroad after i finish and work for a several years here but i won't even be able to do that if i don't find work here first right?? Plus today i was talking with my professor and he said programmers are more in demand in companies so will i be able to find a job if i keep studying CCE?

#2 January 10 2019

vlatkozelka

Re: Is there any future for CCE here in lebanon?

Simply put, there is currently no market for CCE in Lebanon. Which is why CCE students don't find jobs here.
The major is too low-level, as in designing hardware, programming microprocessors and micro-controllers, etc... Have you ever heard of a Lebanese company that makes it's own Cell phone with custom processors? (just an example, the CCE major isn't just about that)

#3 January 10 2019

Cage

vlatkozelka wrote:

Simply put, there is currently no market for CCE in Lebanon. Which is why CCE students don't find jobs here.
The major is too low-level, as in designing hardware, programming microprocessors and micro-controllers, etc... Have you ever heard of a Lebanese company that makes it's own Cell phone with custom processors? (just an example, the CCE major isn't just about that)

So what do you think about it when i say i am planning on immigrating and working abroad? Should i change my major to Computer Science or something else? Cause its really scary how these people just come from nowhere and tell me how they didn't find any jobs because they had a CCE degree!

#4 January 10 2019

Salloum

I would try to shift to electrical engineering. Its basically a broader version of telecom that will give you more options down the line.

#5 January 10 2019

samer
Admin

vlatkozelka wrote:

Not saying it's the norm or anything, but I've heard of at least one company that does low-level hardware stuff: https://ubilite.com/

The CEO seems to be Lebanese, and they have an office in Beirut, according to this: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubilite

Board footer