LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 15 2018

az09za90za

liquid cooling 1080Ti with Kraken G12

hey guys , i recently installed KrakenG12 on my zotac 1080ti amp , using corsair H55 , everything went fine and its doing 60 degree max on stock clocks. my question is , what voltage/rpm should i put the pump+radiator fan + vram fan to ?
im currently having pump on max 12v with 1400RPM , the radiator fan on 12v with 1800RPM and VRAM fan on 10v with 1400RPM.(ALL STATIC).
while doing little research online i found infos on having the pump to max volt/rpm while others says 80% ,so whats the best target.
and another thing is about the VRAM's , should i worry about overheating on air cooling? (there is no VRAM temp sensors and they being cooled by the krakeng12 mount stock cooler) .

PS:-i put little heatsinks on the VRAMS that covers half of their size (dont have any larger)
-the VRAM cooler fan doesnt cool all vrams.
-i will buy PWM fan and connect the radiator fan to VGA fan slot later on .

thank you.

#2 December 17 2018

vlatkozelka

Re: liquid cooling 1080Ti with Kraken G12

My first experience with watercooling was strapping an AIO to a 970 using zip ties. Which is pretty much what the kraken adapter does, but more DIY.

From what I know you should hook the pump directly to the PSU. Not for cooling performance, but because that's how it should run, as I read it can be damaged if it was ran at low voltages.

Now from experience with custom watercooling, I would say that pump speed only matters when it's "not enough". As you add more components to the loop, the liquid will face more resistance, and that's where more pump speed/pressure is needed.

For example, when I had only a cpu block and a radiator, I had the pump running at 2/5 speed (not pwm setting, it's a screw on the pump itself). Testing speeds above that gave no improvement. Now after I put a GPU block on there, 2 wasn't enough, and the water temps started rising, so I had to set it at 3/5.

That being said, I would still run an AIO pump directly off the PSU, and not off a motherboard header.

#3 December 18 2018

az09za90za

Re: liquid cooling 1080Ti with Kraken G12

vlatkozelka wrote:

That being said, I would still run an AIO pump directly off the PSU, and not off a motherboard header.

i see your point , i did connect the pump to motherboard header , but i changed bios settings to dc 12v.

Board footer