LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 9 2018

doudi

Shipping MacBook pro touchbar 13" from USA

Hey guys, I want to buy a 2018 MacBook Pro touchbar 13", but here it costs 2400$ compared to 1800$ in the US. There are some websites that have discounts occasionally (like Christmas soon) that will drop the price to 1600$. Do you know any good shipping companies, and is it worth shipping it or will I end up paying same as here because of taxes and shipping?(There's no way taxes and shipping will cost 600$ I hope). Thanks.

#2 December 9 2018

MrClass

Re: Shipping MacBook pro touchbar 13" from USA

Hi doudi. I can bring it from Dubai.

Macbook Pro 13" 2018 Touchbar Silver
Intel Core i5 8th gen cpu
8GB RAM
256GB SSD

for 1850$

#3 December 9 2018

wollyka

Not worth it if you cannot find someone that can bring it for you from the US. The customs and taxes will be huge.

#4 December 10 2018

Aly

You will end up paying a huge custom / taxes bill (+ shipping) I would go with MrClass offer I were you.

#5 December 10 2018

doudi

MrClass wrote:

8GB RAM
256GB SSD

for 1850$

Thanks for the offer! I have a cousin who lives in the US, I talked to her yesterday she said she might come in January and she can bring me one from there, do you have any idea if she has to unbox it to bring it with her without paying taxes?

#6 December 10 2018

MrClass

doudi wrote:
MrClass wrote:

8GB RAM
256GB SSD

for 1850$

Thanks for the offer! I have a cousin who lives in the US, I talked to her yesterday she said she might come in January and she can bring me one from there, do you have any idea if she has to unbox it to bring it with her without paying taxes?

No need. Let her just put it in her luggage. They won't ask any questions, and even if they do, she can simply say it's a gift.

#7 December 10 2018

doudi

MrClass wrote:
doudi wrote:
MrClass wrote:

8GB RAM
256GB SSD

for 1850$

No need. Let her just put it in her luggage. They won't ask any questions, and even if they do, she can simply say it's a gift.

Alright man thanks a lot!

#8 December 10 2018

Salloum

doudi wrote:
MrClass wrote:

8GB RAM
256GB SSD

for 1850$

I'd easily do this. You never know at the airport. Just have her unbox it and put it in a laptop bag with all it's accessories and everything. The box is useless anyway. Better safe than sorry

Board footer