LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 22 2018

Tech Guru

2500 VA Ups

Iam seeking a reliable 2500VA UPS for my upcoming build

PSU: Corsair HX 1200i - 1200W Platinum Certified
Monitor: Asus ROG PG 348Q ~ 100W

Came Across this UPS

https://www.mojitech.net/shop/in-lebano … -software/

- Is PCE is good / Reliable Brand ? Need for protection mainly and for about 10min of Operation after the electricity cut ( to close programs and shutoff)

Note: This is a Line - Interactive UPS with AVR  not On-line double conversion UPS (  with true sine wave output).

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 22 2018)

#2 November 22 2018

Tech Guru

Re: 2500 VA Ups

Recommendations

Thank You

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 22 2018)

#3 November 22 2018

AVOlio

I've had bad experiences with PCE.
Even bad experience with MGE Eaton.
(both fried up during power switch from Generator (Ishtitak) power to EDL power, and multiple times at that after a couple of rma repairs)

Finally I tried a random brand "Focus" and it outlasted both PCE and MGE Eaton combined.
It's still alive and kicking now, and it only needs new batteries.

#4 November 22 2018

Tech Guru

AVOlio wrote:

(both fried up during power switch from Generator (Ishtitak) power to EDL power, and multiple times at that after a couple of rma repairs)

Finally I tried a random brand "Focus" and it outlasted both PCE and MGE Eaton combined.

What series is that Focus mate , not a listed brand anywhere ? I am searching now. It is line-interactive or on-line ?

#5 November 22 2018

AVOlio

I doubt you'll find it online, it's one of those brands that you find in the market but not a thing about it online.
If I remember correctly, it's focus F2000 if I'm not mistaken.
I don't remember it's exact specs, I just know that it's 2200VA

#6 November 22 2018

Tech Guru

AVOlio wrote:

I doubt you'll find it online, it's one of those brands that you find in the market but not a thing about it online.
If I remember correctly, it's focus F2000 if I'm not mistaken.
I don't remember it's exact specs, I just know that it's 2200VA

2200VA is within my range.

How much you paid for it ?
It is line -interactive or On-Line UPS with double conversion and true sine ouput?

#7 November 22 2018

AVOlio

It costed me 205$ TTC like w
2-3 years ago.
I don't remember if it's online or line interactive.

#8 November 22 2018

Bahij.M

Get APC by Schneider if you want a reliable unit.

#9 November 22 2018

beezer

I've had a PCE 1200va UPS for around 5 years and no problems up until this welder hooked his welding torch to it. Sent it to the company, waiting for it to come back. They charged me $35 to change the board on it so I'm happy about that.

The PCE that I have has an external 100amp car battery hooked up to it. So bigger battery means more uptime.

Last edited by beezer (November 22 2018)

#10 November 22 2018

wollyka

AVOlio wrote:

Same here with PCE, however MGE Eaton is great.
I have the MGE Eaton E-Series NV 2000H 2000VA UPS .
Running well since 2011 with Thermaltake 1200W PSU, 980GTX SLI, 7 HDDs, 6700k overclocked.

I had to change the battery last year but still working great.

#11 November 22 2018

elie212

All Backup UPS are shit
buy any online UPS with Double conversion

make you sure you place your UPS outside your room beacuse for Noise from the Running Fans

#12 November 23 2018

Aly

I have this exact PCE 2500VA ups for more than two years now, got it from PCandParts, so reliable and never failed me, in rare occasions when i am in a ranked pc game and for some reason the generator is late to kick in i continue playing for like 4-5 mins on UPS backup power and it still goes strong, maybe because it is a bit of an overkill for a single desktop, but it like to be on the safe side.
On the other hand my brother got a LeGrand 1000 VA ups for his desktop from carrefour and it also serves him well, they also have 1500 and 2000 VA models, not sure if they are still selling these at carrefour but LeGrand is better than PCE and more expensive of course.

#13 November 23 2018

Kareem

elie212 wrote:

All Backup UPS are shit
buy any online UPS with Double conversion

make you sure you place your UPS outside your room beacuse for Noise from the Running Fans

Not really. One of the best brands IMO was Cyberpower. I sill have mine running since 5 years. It's a PCF1500 series line interactive / complete silent.

Unfortunately they're out of the business in Lebanon this year but you can still find some if you're lucky.

I had bad experience with both MGE and PCE.

( Tech Guru check your inbox please )

44db29426221c89e9fc1f4bce1893a38.png

#14 November 23 2018

AVOlio

wollyka wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Same here with PCE, however MGE Eaton is great.
I have the MGE Eaton E-Series NV 2000H 2000VA UPS .
Running well since 2011 with Thermaltake 1200W PSU, 980GTX SLI, 7 HDDs, 6700k overclocked.

I had to change the battery last year but still working great.

That's the same MGE Eaton I had, it got fried up.
They fixed it once as I remmeber, but the second time it got fried up they told me they can't fix it because the board was fried,  which costs 200$ alone.

#15 November 23 2018

Tech Guru

After  my search for local stock availability; Here is the list of candidates for potential UPS(s) for my upcoming build:

PCE:

https://pcandparts.com/pce-mx-online-2kva-1600w/

https://pcandparts.com/pce-vx-online-3kva-2400w/

https://pcandparts.com/pce-vx-online-2kva-1600w/

APC:

https://pcandparts.com/apc-2000va-srv2ki-online/

Taking into consideration to fulfill two constraints of:

2000VA - 2500VA
On-Line with Double Coversion and true sine output.

Cyberpower is welcomed too ( out of stock) and the depleted stock is  in-line interactive with AVR.  I will probe further in the market for the stock availability of one that meets the two above constraints.

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 23 2018)

#16 November 25 2018

Tech Guru

The MX 1200W / 2500VA PCE MX series UPS in-line interactive  for example has a bad power factor efficiency ( Usually In-line interactive UPS have bad Power Factor Efficiency and an output susceptible to noise )

2500 VA  for 1200 W

Power =VA × PF
PF = 1200 / 2500 = 0.48

I will be bring an on-line one with double conversion and pure wave sine not Line-interactive with AVR. Since I will be using the HX 1200i 1200 W PSU Platinum Certified  along with the PG 348Q ( ~ 100W) and my build will have very delegate high end equipments not only the W capacity I am looking after too , but also the quality of current with less noise.

For Example:

PCE:

https://pcandparts.com/pce-mx-online-2kva-1600w/

https://pcandparts.com/pce-vx-online-2kva-1600w/

APC:

https://pcandparts.com/apc-2000va-srv2ki-online/

2000VA for 1600W

1600 / 2000= 0.8 that is very efficient PF on On-Line UPS

Knowing that

Assume You have an 850W PSU which is Gold Certified ( 80% Efficiency)

The PSU is actually drawing

850 / 0.8 = 1062 W not 850 W

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 25 2018)

Board footer