LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 December 4 2018

infiniteloop

Re: Oneplus 6t in Lebanon

Damn the 6T doesn't have an SD card slot, I will have to wait for the S10 then

#27 December 4 2018

TechXero

infiniteloop wrote:

Damn the 6T doesn't have an SD card slot, I will have to wait for the S10 then

If you take 10, 000 pictures a day and store your entire movie library on the phone then Yeah 6t ain't for you.

I just use Twitter and WhatsApp and some needed files can't fill 64gb let alone 128gb

#28 December 4 2018

infiniteloop

I use the SD card for backup and restore not for photos, it's extremely useful when changing phones

#29 December 4 2018

TechXero

infiniteloop wrote:

I use the SD card for backup and restore not for photos, it's extremely useful when changing phones

I agree there. But I prefer Stock / Close to Stock AOSP phones so I forgive them if they don't add SD card I use Android HandShaker and AFT to backup files to PC/Mac.

There's always a workaround. Just my honest opinion.

#30 December 23 2018

shady282

TechXero wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

I agree there. But I prefer Stock / Close to Stock AOSP phones so I forgive them if they don't add SD card I use Android HandShaker and AFT to backup files to PC/Mac.

I guess if we get xposed on Pie, which seems not possible... maybe IMEI changer module would help to bypass that messy rule.

#31 December 30 2018

boudz

shady282 wrote:
TechXero wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

I guess if we get xposed on Pie, which seems not possible... maybe IMEI changer module would help to bypass that messy rule.

IMEI changer on xposed change the imei graphically to hide it from other apps on the phone
but still alfa and mtc can see your original imei

#32 January 3 2019

infiniteloop

So anyone bought from the olx dude?
Is it legit when he says it's with customs paid?

#33 January 4 2019

Salloum

I wouldnt buy a sealed box phone from someone without a store at least, or someone reputable, because you can only tell if its customs is paid by putting a SIM in

#34 January 4 2019

infiniteloop

Salloum wrote:

I wouldnt buy a sealed box phone from someone without a store at least, or someone reputable, because you can only tell if its customs is paid by putting a SIM in

This dude (Hisham) does delivery and you can try the phone before paying, though if no problems were found you will have to pay because you opened the box

#35 January 5 2019

vlatkozelka

infiniteloop wrote:
Salloum wrote:

This dude (Hisham) does delivery and you can try the phone before paying, though if no problems were found you will have to pay because you opened the box

Do you  have a number, or a link? Can come in handy

#36 January 5 2019

infiniteloop

vlatkozelka wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:
Salloum wrote:

Do you  have a number, or a link? Can come in handy

He also has the Mc Laren edition

Last edited by infiniteloop (January 5 2019)

#37 January 5 2019

infiniteloop

There are rumors the new law on customs will be abandoned, anyone has info?

#38 January 6 2019

infiniteloop

I think I am gonna crack and get a 6T, the only negative thing is that it doesn't have a local warranty, if any hardware problem occur I will have to sent it away for X weeks, if the seller gives a week to return it a la Phonefinity in case of malfunction then ok, nowadays hardware problems show out of the box

#39 January 8 2019

Hybrid

infiniteloop wrote:

There are rumors the new law on customs will be abandoned, anyone has info?

I hope so, but no info about it

#40 January 8 2019

infiniteloop

Finally got a 6T from Hisham
what a blazing fast and furious phone!!
The battery is amazing too
Everything is super stable
Can't wait to root it

#41 January 9 2019

Salloum

infiniteloop wrote:

Finally got a 6T from Hisham
what a blazing fast and furious phone!!
The battery is amazing too
Everything is super stable
Can't wait to root it

It's really a great device, the teardrop notch is also very subtle and easily the best 'bezel-less' implementation so far. However I do wish it had stereo speakers and wireless charging. Can't use a daily phone without these.

#42 January 9 2019

LifeEngineer

Salloum wrote:

It's really a great device, the teardrop notch is also very subtle and easily the best 'bezel-less' implementation so far. However I do wish it had stereo speakers and wireless charging. Can't use a daily phone without these.

I feel this video caters to your need very well then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbVrTlSGtrI&t=3s
I was watching it this morning and you seem to have same preferences as him.

I personally couldn't care less for wireless charging but I do care for dual front speakers.
In all cases, I just can't pay that much for a OP6T when I can buy a Note 9 for that price (which is better in nearly every aspect except sheer performance/smoothness).

#43 January 9 2019

Salloum

LifeEngineer wrote:
Salloum wrote:

I feel this video caters to your need very well then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbVrTlSGtrI&t=3s

I personally couldn't care less for wireless charging but I do care for dual front speakers.
In all cases, I just can't pay that much for a OP6T when I can buy a Note 9 for that price (which is better in nearly every aspect except sheer performance/smoothness).

Wireless charging seems useless until you actually start using it. I agree with you, I wouldn't pay Note9 money for a OP. In general I'd never pay more than 500$ for an Android phone since they become worthless in a year.

#44 January 9 2019

infiniteloop

LifeEngineer wrote:
Salloum wrote:

The 6T is the by far more smooth than the Note 9, the screen is the most responsive in Android world and the whole OS is flying, Samsung is known for the lags. I think Lebanese are still attached to brands, Samsung is not better than Oneplus in smartphones nowadays..
It's sold like hot cakes in Europe
As for the price I got it 650$ before customs, it will be +100$ for customs, the Note 9 is minimum 850$
For Stereo there is Magisk module for that :)

#45 January 10 2019

Salloum

infiniteloop wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:
Salloum wrote:

The 6T is the by far more smooth than the Note 9, the screen is the most responsive in Android world and the whole OS is flying, Samsung is known for the lags. I think Lebanese are still attached to brands, Samsung is not better than Oneplus in smartphones nowadays..
It's sold like hot cakes in Europe
As for the price I got it 650$ before customs, it will be +100$ for customs, the Note 9 is minimum 850$
For Stereo there is Magisk module for that :)

No one is arguing the smoothness/snappiness of OP’s OS. But Samsungs have better build, screens and cameras, and by far. Note9 now costs 755$. Also, beware of any modules that will abuse your earpiece, it could create problems down the road.

#46 January 10 2019

LifeEngineer

Agree with Salloum on this one. It's not attachment to brands (keep that to iSheep users, sorry Apple fans); it's knowing what we want and what we need.
I want Android obviously, I can't stand a notch, I want a good near bezel-less design with a high screen to body ratio, I want a headphone jack, I want a good camera and a good screen, I want always On display, I want good customizability, options, features of out the box without rooting/modding, etc... Please tell me what options do I have?! Samsung and Maybe LG?!
That's why I got a Note 8 (didn't want to pay that much for a Note 9).

Oh and I hope Samsung never goes the notch way! That would be too stupid! Even the camera circular dot on the S10 is looking stupid to me.

Last edited by LifeEngineer (January 10 2019)

#47 January 10 2019

infiniteloop

I think you are basing your views on the older oneplus, nowadays its camera and screen are very good, screen doesn't have the 1440p res but it's a very nice amoled, the camera is on par with S9 specially with Gcam.
What I liked so far:
-Amazing battery
-amazing speed
-Newest Android updates
-Easiness of rooting and unrooting
-Very nice design and well build, much better feeling with the midnight black color than any other back glass phone including s9

#48 January 10 2019

Salloum

LifeEngineer wrote:

Agree with Salloum on this one. It's not attachment to brands (keep that to iSheep users, sorry Apple fans); it's knowing what we want and what we need.
I want Android obviously, I can't stand a notch, I want a good near bezel-less design with a high screen to body ratio, I want a headphone jack, I want a good camera and a good screen, I want always On display, I want good customizability, options, features of out the box without rooting/modding, etc... Please tell me what options do I have?! Samsung and Maybe LG?!
That's why I got a Note 8 (didn't want to pay that much for a Note 9).

Oh and I hope Samsung never goes the notch way! That would be too stupid! Even the camera circular dot on the S10 is looking stupid to me.

Most Apple users will tell you their attachement is to iOS and not necessarily the iPhone itself. In my eyes iOS is the best thing since sliced bread but I definitely would buy a cheaper brand if Apple licensed iOS to third parties.

#49 January 12 2019

arached

Most Apple users will tell you their attachement is to iOS and not necessarily the iPhone itself. In my eyes iOS is the best thing since sliced bread but I definitely would buy a cheaper brand if Apple licensed iOS to third parties.

The iOS is only good because it's made for the apple hardware. So unless the third parties use apple's hardware, I doubt that it would be usable on another device.

Board footer