LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 30 2018

imanmatar

Oneplus 6t in Lebanon

Oneplus's amazing new phone is hitting the stores on November the 6th.
How about Lebanon? Do you know any official stores or somewhere to get it at MSRP and with warranty?
Thanks

Last edited by imanmatar (October 30 2018)

#2 October 30 2018

LifeEngineer

Re: Oneplus 6t in Lebanon

Nope. Not available in Lebanon officially. That's too unfortunate because OPPO (mother company of Oneplus) has now entered officially the Lebanese market.

#3 November 1 2018

TechXero

I used to live in Dubai Souq was official distributor was so easy to get next day delivery. I have the 5 and 5t. Now want 6t. I will try ShopAndShip or Dot... Only way I guess....

#4 November 2 2018

ironman

But unfortunately, you will end up paying taxes (16%) 'jomrok'. If you add the fees to the original price, this would be the price of a flagship.

#5 November 2 2018

TechXero

For sure. I know that, but we got 90 days right? Plenty of time to pay it, plus I work in City Center, Liban Post is 2 steps away ;)

#6 November 23 2018

shady282

TechXero wrote:

For sure. I know that, but we got 90 days right? Plenty of time to pay it, plus I work in City Center, Liban Post is 2 steps away ;)

Do you think through rooting we can copy the IMEI of the old phone to the oneplus 6T ? so we can avoid customs?

#7 November 23 2018

TechXero

shady282 wrote:
TechXero wrote:

Do you think through rooting we can copy the IMEI of the old phone to the oneplus 6T ? so we can avoid customs?

No my friend. You can copy old IMEI but that will only result in permanent blocking of said IMEI. I wouldn't try it if I were you. Besides they might have put law but from experience since I sell iPhones where I work, it's yet to be put in effect. Systems for 'gomrok' are not up yet. So needn't worry yet. Plus maximum it's gonna be $150.

Also I ordered my 6t will be here next week ??

#8 November 23 2018

AVOlio

You think it's not put in effect because the place where you work is registering every iPhone they ship from outside, or buy registered ones.

I bought a used oneplus 5t that was purchased in UAE long before this new law was put, and the guy was using it normally here in Lebanon until now.
And when I got it from him and put my sim on it, I got that 90 sms warning.
The law is indeed at effect.
And liban post doesn't have any updates about it, the only way you'll be able to register it is to go to the airport and follow the procedure like some guys in the forum here went through.

#9 November 23 2018

TechXero

AVOlio wrote:

You think it's not put in effect because the place where you work is registering every iPhone they ship from outside, or buy registered ones.

I bought a used oneplus 5t that was purchased in UAE long before this new law was put, and the guy was using it normally here in Lebanon until now.
And when I got it from him and put my sim on it, I got that 90 sms warning.
The law is indeed at effect.
And liban post doesn't have any updates about it, the only way you'll be able to register it is to go to the airport and follow the procedure like some guys in the forum here went through.

Well, we sell registered ones as we are Premium reseller, anyway, I mean people who buy from "Amhaz" or the likes keep coming to us telling us they got that 90 day SMS and that they went to Liban Post only to get told that system isn't online yet and that it will/might be next month or so.

I, myself haven't had to do this coz I have only been back for 3 months from being in Dubai 4 years. So I haven't had to do any of this until now with 6t. Will report back what happens.

#10 November 24 2018

NuclearVision

I hope it doesn't involve going to airport/customs/MoT.
libanpost haven't honored their announcement, they were supposed to handle phones as of 04/10/18 iirc.

#11 November 24 2018

TechXero

NuclearVision wrote:

I hope it doesn't involve going to airport/customs/MoT.
libanpost haven't honored their announcement, they were supposed to handle phones as of 04/10/18 iirc.

Well, they still saying systems not up yet. I hope I don't have to go to Airport/Customs simply because I can't I work 6 days a week and on day off I do other work

#12 November 24 2018

thegodfatherdany

Just want to clarify on an issue. If i get a phone from abroad, i will have to unlock it again at the airport or at ALFA or Touch? If you send a gift from USA/Canada to Lebanon, lebanese SIMs wont work on it ?

#13 November 26 2018

Xsever

So what's the formula to calculate the customs/gomrok fee? 16% of MSRP or claimed value or what?

I'm tempted to buy an unlocked S9 from Amazon for $520 and have a relative bring it over with him.

#14 December 3 2018

TechXero

I just got my 6t rooted and flashed with xXx No Lomits ROM. And yes as soon as I put my SIM in it I got the dreaded SMS. That I will post below.

RDugSMY.jpg

I plan to take invoice to Liban Post to see how much I will have to pay. I expect to get told that system isn't online yet with them and that I have to go to airport customs office. I will see. We got 90 days so all the time in the world ;)

#15 December 3 2018

AVOlio

That's exactly what you will be told.
So don't bother going to libanpost.

#16 December 3 2018

TechXero

AVOlio wrote:

You had experienced that ?

#17 December 3 2018

AVOlio

TechXero wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

You had experienced that ?

No, but I called them and they said like that.
Better try and call them first.

#18 December 3 2018

infiniteloop

6T is a very nice phone, the xiaomi mi 8 Pro too but in Lebanon they didn't brought the pro lol.
Tell us how much is the % to pay more, 11? 15?...
BTW if you buy from AE customs will freeze it till you pay?

#19 December 3 2018

TechXero

infiniteloop wrote:

6T is a very nice phone, the xiaomi mi 8 Pro too but in Lebanon they didn't brought the pro lol.
Tell us how much is the % to pay more, 11? 15?...
BTW if you buy from AE customs will freeze it till you pay?

Nope they won't but you will get same message as I did until you pay. I will stick till very end of 90 days n see what happens. Maybe they will phase this bad rule/law out for consumers ? Only force retailers to do so ?

#20 December 4 2018

LifeEngineer

isn't this too much?!?
https://olxliban.com/en/ad/oneplus-6t-m … 7akPi.html
This is Note 9 or mate 20pro territory!

#21 December 4 2018

Kareem

LifeEngineer wrote:

isn't this too much?!?

The price of the 6T in france is 550 EUR so should be around 730 USD mjamrak.... could be wrong tho.

#22 December 4 2018

TechXero

LifeEngineer wrote:

isn't this too much?!?

It sure is. But I Dubai it's $630 and I got it for $680 only $50 difference. America it's $580 so $100 difference is ok.

Mjamrakin is great but I think he's taking too much.

#23 December 4 2018

LifeEngineer

it's around 630$ also on AliExpress. Add 15% and that's 730$. So maybe the remaining are a bit of profit and the hassle he went through. Not so expensive but goddamit I think I would take a note 9 over this for that price.
I used to pay that much for smartphones but in recent years, especially that I have a wife and kids, I feel 600$ is the absolute max I would pay for a phone.

#24 December 4 2018

Kareem

That's because you're paying for VAT twice ( importing country and Lebanon )

#25 December 4 2018

TechXero

LifeEngineer wrote:

it's around 630$ also on AliExpress. Add 15% and that's 730$. So maybe the remaining are a bit of profit and the hassle he went through. Not so expensive but goddamit I think I would take a note 9 over this for that price.
I used to pay that much for smartphones but in recent years, especially that I have a wife and kids, I feel 600$ is the absolute max I would pay for a phone.

I am exactly like you. I only paid $150 out of pocket. Rest was money I made by selling my iPhone 8 Plus.

Sell to buy pay the minimum you can.

Board footer