LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 November 29 2018

Kareem

Re: Cable TV subscription

Yeah that's not an issue. I just tried now an IPTV playlist It's offering all OSN / BeIN + 4000 channels for free but it's working on VLC. Gotta see how to import it to TV.

Edit : It didn't really survive the doubts. Channels are repeating and there's a minute lag between real broadcasting and streaming.

I'm calling Econet tomorrow to see how things will go.

Last edited by Kareem (November 29 2018)

#27 November 29 2018

xazbrat

I talked with my local cable guy yesterday--he told me that on Econet, only the MASTER gets Bein Sports, the others can receive OSN, but not Bein.  I have to find someone else to confirm this because sometimes he gets the details wrong.

#28 November 29 2018

AVOlio

Kareem wrote:

Yeah that's not an issue. I just tried now an IPTV playlist It's offering all OSN / BeIN + 4000 channels for free but it's working on VLC. Gotta see how to import it to TV.

Edit : It didn't really survive the doubts. Channels are repeating and there's a minute lag between real broadcasting and streaming.

I'm calling Econet tomorrow to see how things will go.

You tried a free server online?
Or you got a test trial from a real provider?

Theres a difference!

#29 November 29 2018

Kareem

xazbrat wrote:

I talked with my local cable guy yesterday--he told me that on Econet, only the MASTER gets Bein Sports, the others can receive OSN, but not Bein.  I have to find someone else to confirm this because sometimes he gets the details wrong.

That doesn't make sense. It's a subscription on the master receiver as far as I understood and the slave receivers get the same access as the key is shared on the network.

I couldn't care less honestly as I got and an HDMI switcher but another option would be 1 econet full package + 1 BeIN sports complete plan...

$15 + $25 for two tvs and the matrix switcher doing its job on the 4TVs. Rarely 3 TVs are on let alone 4.

I really really hope ECOnet is more stable than their ISP.

#30 December 3 2018

Kareem

Mayyad wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Update : So basically Econet gives you everything BeIN sports and OSN offer for just $15 a month or I'm missing something ? Same HD quality ?

No 15$ without bein, i think you have to add 10$ per receiver

I just called them today and funny enough they've changed the packages and prices :

https://econet.com.lb/packages.html

Unbelievable....

#31 December 3 2018

xazbrat

Kareem wrote:
Mayyad wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Update : So basically Econet gives you everything BeIN sports and OSN offer for just $15 a month or I'm missing something ? Same HD quality ?

I just called them today and funny enough they've changed the packages and prices :

Unbelievable....

Wow--they really knocked up their prices.  Still might do it, but going to renew my CCCAM subscription which expires next next week.  Sucks that the sports I get are negligible thanks to interference on certain frequencies by internet guys and unavailability of decent sports channels on hotbird after the fall of sky italia (use a closed system like osn, etc).

#32 December 3 2018

RandomMemory

Kareem, I am using an IPTV provider, PM me so I can tell you the name instead of advertising here. It's 9$ a month and it has every single package you can think of.

Last edited by RandomMemory (December 3 2018)

#33 December 3 2018

AymanS

[What is your internet speed and how much bandwidth do you consume per month ?

#34 December 3 2018

Kareem

Well FTTX should be there in about 5 months so by the time I move to my apartment I'll be willing to subscribe for a 1TB quota @ 80mbps assuming I'm only 150m from exchange.

#35 December 4 2018

Mayyad

Kareem wrote:
Mayyad wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Unbelievable....

Yes, they bought cablevision, there is no more competition.

They add a lot of new channels mainly the ones that was on bein subscription, they add 30$ per year without the french package.

#36 December 4 2018

Kareem

Mayyad wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Mayyad wrote:

Unbelievable....

Yes, they bought cablevision, there is no more competition.

They add a lot of new channels mainly the ones that was on bein subscription, they add 30$ per year without the french package.

But I don't get it, why there's a category for french channels is beyond my understanding. I mean seriously ? lol

Board footer