LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 26 2018

AymanS

Cable TV subscription

Guys i want to change my satellite subscription to something more professional like econet. My brother has cablevision and it's somehow bad. Any reviews? what would you recommend?

#2 October 29 2018

Mayyad

Re: Cable TV subscription

Hi
Econet bought cablevision, they still have a different channels line up, but in my opinion econet is better, the channel they are offering are better with the same price as cv.
Econet offer subscription to up to additional 3 more receivers for 3$ per month which cv dont offer.
I tried them both at different time intervals, both have issues with bad weather, theiy have plenty of fhd channels.

#3 November 15 2018

AymanS

I really hesitant, my current subscription is fine , but he doesnt have bein sports and there are like 10 hd channels  wheras cablevision and econet has much much more there is also the option to get an iptv when fiber is installed , guess i'll wait a bit

#4 November 15 2018

new_user

I hear many ppl in Lebanon have beout subscription for football channels.

#5 November 16 2018

AymanS

new_user wrote:

Do you know the way or who gives such a subscription

#6 November 18 2018

Kareem

I'm really scratching my head to find the ideal solution. I read horrible reviews online regarding CV and Econet.

Come on guys, nobody knows what's the optimum solution to get the most watched channels in HD ?

#7 November 19 2018

Mayyad

If you dont want econet and cv, then you should go to the source, subscribe directly to osn and bein if you can afford it.

#8 November 19 2018

new_user

I am not sure who sells the receivers but what I know is that u need to connect the receiver to a ArabSat dish and ethernet cable with Internet connection for it to work. The internet is probably only needed to get encryption keys so it wont be consuming any bandwidth.

AymanS wrote:
new_user wrote:

Do you know the way or who gives such a subscription

#9 November 19 2018

Kareem

Mayyad wrote:

If you dont want econet and cv, then you should go to the source, subscribe directly to osn and bein if you can afford it.

Well yeah... I can afford OSN and BeIN sports subscriptions but I have 3 TVs you know... the fact that I need to pay 6 subscription ~ $500/month doesn't make sense.

It's like paying for an ADSL connection and for each PC at home.  Total BS...

#10 November 19 2018

xazbrat

Kareem wrote:
Mayyad wrote:

Well yeah... I can afford OSN and BeIN sports subscriptions but I have 3 TVs you know... the fact that I need to pay 6 subscription ~ $500/month doesn't make sense.

It's like paying for an ADSL connection and for each PC at home.  Total BS...

If you have 3 TV's then the one that make the most sense is Econet.  Otoh, you could get OSN or Bein on main TV and use a couple of receivers with CCCAM subscriptions and point dish at Hotbird.  That way, you can watch channels like HBO and others in full HD for $30 per year and there are dozens of channels in HD which you can watch (maybe in hundreds, but lots of channels are crap or are only in Italian, Polish, Russian etc.).  The receivers plus subscription are about $80 and to renew each subscription will be around $30 each year.   The only issue with Hotbird is that there aren't as many sports channels as I would like---if you subscribed to the $25 per month Bein service, it would give you access to online content so that could be a potential solution.

Last edited by xazbrat (November 19 2018)

#11 November 21 2018

RandomMemory

Digiturk and Dsmart and Canal+ France are working on internet receivers with embedded server (forerver server) inside. Much more Superior to OSN and beIN. Also internet receivers have a new feature where you can put audio from any beinsports on any channel you want.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 21 2018)

#12 November 28 2018

AymanS

Saw on facebook that osn has a new package includes 70 channels + , for 30$ per month

#13 November 28 2018

Kareem

AymanS wrote:

Saw on facebook that osn has a new package includes 70 channels + , for 30$ per month

The problem isn't the price per subscription; the real problem is multiple TVs. Eventho I have an HDMI matrix, you need more than one receiver.

#14 November 29 2018

Mayyad

Kareem wrote:
AymanS wrote:

The problem isn't the price per subscription; the real problem is multiple TVs. Eventho I have an HDMI matrix, you need more than one receiver.

You can subscribe up to 4 receivers with econet for 24$ per month without bein.
I am subscribed to econet with 3 receivers and the service and picture are good.
I think it is the cheepest solution vs quality.
IPTV consume high bandwidth especially if the channel is fhd, if you have ulimited internet the speed is limited and if you have open speed the quota will not be enough.

#15 November 29 2018

Kareem

Mayyad wrote:
Kareem wrote:
AymanS wrote:

I am subscribed to econet with 3 receivers and the service and picture are good.
IPTV consume high bandwidth especially if the channel is fhd, if you have ulimited internet the speed is limited and if you have open speed the quota will not be enough.

Where did you get the $24 from ?

9a0c6a300e5bbda44b65a5b655d14dd8.png

#16 November 29 2018

new_user

Kareem wrote:
Mayyad wrote:
Kareem wrote:

https://i.gyazo.com/9a0c6a300e5bbda44b6 … d14dd8.png

To the best of my knowledge these prices are one time only as they include installation costs and first 3 months. The monthly cost is not mentioned on the website and it reaches up to 24$ for 4 TVs. (15$ for 1 TV, 18$ for 2 TVs 21$ for 3TVs.) But you need to do a 360 day subscription to get these prices.

#17 November 29 2018

Kareem

new_user wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Mayyad wrote:

https://i.gyazo.com/9a0c6a300e5bbda44b6 … d14dd8.png

To the best of my knowledge these prices are one time only as they include installation costs and first 3 months. The monthly cost is not mentioned on the website and it reaches up to 24$ for 4 TVs. (15$ for 1 TV, 18$ for 2 TVs 21$ for 3TVs.) But you need to do a 360 day subscription to get these prices.

OK but what's up with the 4 TVs subscription? Are we talking about 4 receivers ?

#18 November 29 2018

Kareem

Update : So basically Econet gives you everything BeIN sports and OSN offer for just $15 a month or I'm missing something ? Same HD quality ?

#19 November 29 2018

Mayyad

379$ you get 4 receivers and 3 months subscription, then you pay 24$ per month if you go with 360 day subscription.

#20 November 29 2018

Mayyad

Kareem wrote:

Update : So basically Econet gives you everything BeIN sports and OSN offer for just $15 a month or I'm missing something ? Same HD quality ?

No 15$ without bein, i think you have to add 10$ per receiver

#21 November 29 2018

AVOlio

Or you get an decent iptv for 80$ per year.

#22 November 29 2018

Kareem

AVOlio wrote:

Or you get an decent iptv for 80$ per year.

I have yet to find one.  When you say IPTV does it include everything? I mean Every OSN and BeIN channel ?  I'm not interested in watching Football in french or God knows what language

#23 November 29 2018

AVOlio

Yes bein sports and bein entertainment should be included, as well as OSN.
Most of the iptv providers with these packages are going to be from our sister county.
My current susbtiption will end at December and I am looking for a new provider. Because this one has some channels that are basically recordings and are repeating the same stuff for a year.

#24 November 29 2018

Kareem

Well if Econet offers me everything for $25 a month, I'm no sure if saving $10 is worth all the headache.

#25 November 29 2018

new_user

Kareem wrote:
new_user wrote:
Kareem wrote:

OK but what's up with the 4 TVs subscription? Are we talking about 4 receivers ?

Also note, according to this post https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 15#p172315 when you get more than one receiver you will have 1 master receiver and the rest will be slave receivers. They all need to be connected to the same wifi network so the master receiver can distribute the encryption keys to the slave receivers.

Board footer