LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 October 12 2018

samer
Admin

Re: Upgrading to i9 9900K

How is it that even though you claim you read all of these tech reviews everyday, that your English is still as good as a twig's?

Challenge the ideas, not the human.

Your last post makes no sense at all. "upgrades will not let you go a step backward especially in the Graphic cards and cpus". Oh you don't say... buying upgrades will get you more performance? If you only knew.

You ridicule his statement without challenging it. I don't disagree with your position, but you need to actively state why upgrades don't always lead to significant performance boosts (especially without data to back that up) for this to be a useful rebuttal. Otherwise, it's just noise.

Let's stay on track and not let this devolve into pointless bickering.

#27 October 13 2018

vlatkozelka

samer wrote:

How is it that even though you claim you read all of these tech reviews everyday, that your English is still as good as a twig's?

Your last post makes no sense at all. "upgrades will not let you go a step backward especially in the Graphic cards and cpus". Oh you don't say... buying upgrades will get you more performance? If you only knew.

You ridicule his statement without challenging it. I don't disagree with your position, but you need to actively state why upgrades don't always lead to significant performance boosts (especially without data to back that up) for this to be a useful rebuttal. Otherwise, it's just noise.

I didn't say upgrades don't any give boost in performance. I meant it's a stupid thing to say, because it's just plain obvious, hence the "you don't say part" (exceptions are quite rare, where you upgrade and end up with a downgrade)

I'm not trying to turn this into bickering. I'm just sick of these useless threads, and a lot on here are too. The problem is the forums has such strict rules that the majority will not do anything about it.

Copy-pasting articles (not even as text, he takes screenshots and does a 1000% zoom!) and posting them on here is not content, that's just redundant crap.

Something you guys need to know, is I have 0 problems with him spending money on his hobbies. I am not in a good position at all to judge anyway, my PC has cost me like 4K$ so far, where there's like 1K$ in just water-cooling... The problem is using the forum like Twitter, and posting every other upgrade, with 0 value to the threads that are posted. Not to mention the need to say "money is not an issue", as if everyone on here is a homeless beggar: "you need to buy the latest in tech..." lol.

I will never stop picking at these posts, if that's what you're asking for. I'll stop when the content starts having any actual value to it (it used to at some point, now it's just twitter like updates... just post in the "post your rig" thread)

Also, I thought good English was a strict rule on these forums. I have seen people receive PMs from you asking to write better English, with threats to ban. But, somehow that radar stops working when Tech Guru posts? Cause I can tell you, his English looks like something straight out of the English American Center!

Last edited by vlatkozelka (October 13 2018)

#28 October 13 2018

rolf

I know it looks like bragging sometimes. I just skim over it and learn about new developments in PC hardware. I am otherwise not up to date on the topic. So it does have value for me.

Besides this is a tech post and this is a tech forum. Most posts nowadays are "how do I import a phone" and "how do I find a job" or even about how to do formalities and whatnot, which is kind of off topic.

Yes it would be nice if Tech Guru would improve the quality of their posts, make them easier to read, something that would resemble an article or a review.

I am thankful for his posts and thankful for vlatkozelka critique and input as well.
I would like people to get along in a peaceful, constructive and respectful manner.

Last edited by rolf (October 13 2018)

#29 October 13 2018

PowerPC

rolf wrote:

I know it looks like bragging sometimes. I just skim over it and learn about new developments in PC hardware. I am otherwise not up to date on the topic. So it does have value for me.

Besides this is a tech post and this is a tech forum. Most posts nowadays are "how do I import a phone" and "how do I find a job" or even about how to do formalities and whatnot, which is kind of off topic.

Yes it would be nice if Tech Guru would improve the quality of their posts, make them easier to read, something that would resemble an article or a review.

I am thankful for his posts and thankful for vlatkozelka critique and input as well.
I would like people to get along in a peaceful, constructive and respectful manner.

Agreed, more effort in Tech Guru's posts would be welcome. vlatkozelka's points do have some merit: I like TG's enthusiasm for tech, but If you refute a point he's making, he simply replies with 700 copy-pastes/links and doesn't really address the question.

Last edited by PowerPC (October 14 2018)

#30 October 13 2018

Tech Guru

vlatkozelka wrote:
samer wrote:

I didn't say upgrades don't any give boost in performance. I meant it's a stupid thing to say, because it's just plain obvious, hence the "you don't say part" (exceptions are quite rare, where you upgrade and end up with a downgrade)

I'm not trying to turn this into bickering. I'm just sick of these useless threads, and a lot on here are too. The problem is the forums has such strict rules that the majority will not do anything about it.

Copy-pasting articles (not even as text, he takes screenshots and does a 1000% zoom!) and posting them on here is not content, that's just redundant crap.

Something you guys need to know, is I have 0 problems with him spending money on his hobbies. I am not in a good position at all to judge anyway, my PC has cost me like 4K$ so far, where there's like 1K$ in just water-cooling... The problem is using the forum like Twitter, and posting every other upgrade, with 0 value to the threads that are posted. Not to mention the need to say "money is not an issue", as if everyone on here is a homeless beggar: "you need to buy the latest in tech..." lol.

I will never stop picking at these posts, if that's what you're asking for. I'll stop when the content starts having any actual value to it (it used to at some point, now it's just twitter like updates... just post in the "post your rig" thread)

Also, I thought good English was a strict rule on these forums. I have seen people receive PMs from you asking to write better English, with threats to ban. But, somehow that radar stops working when Tech Guru posts? Cause I can tell you, his English looks like something straight out of the English American Center!

Iam   neither a physiologically disrupted person  nor a Harvard English literature teacher  to probe each post written by forum members and enter to correct their English structure , grammar , and vocabulary . I simply congratulate anyone who does an upgrade in technology or shows his stuff and future upgrades plans.

I do not criticize the English of anyone or put anyone  in the corner of " attention seeker " etc.. It is simply a geeks group ,  I am happy for anyone who makes an upgrade

Have a look at my posts in this forum and the interactions in them General topics of Migration to Canada to technology related ( tv upgrades , systems etc..). Many members  send me message to my inbox asking for help. See my comments under posts of members seeking help  etc.. All come under my positive contribution of helping others and sharing my happiness with their upgrades  , new system builds etc..

In the my previous post on the RTX 2080ti ,I told you and I repeat that to you now: If you have personal issues towards me this is not the place to solve it. We can solve it face to face outside the forum and outside the scope of technology enthusiasm itself as a whole.

Last edited by Tech Guru (October 13 2018)

#31 October 13 2018

samer
Admin

"This is stupid" is not a constructive answer without the "why".

Copy-pasting articles (not even as text, he takes screenshots and does a 1000% zoom!) and posting them on here is not content, that's just redundant crap (...) The problem is using the forum like Twitter, and posting every other upgrade, with 0 value to the threads that are posted.

You're right, a brief update + copy-pasting big chunks of articles and images often does not add enough value to justify opening a new topic. Tech Guru, would you please make an effort to better format your posts, add more original comment and properly use "quote" tags to show which parts of your post are copied from an article? Also, creating less new topics and re-using older posts would help.

He did receive those PMs early on, and I've appreciated the effort he has put to make his writing better since he joined. Granted, there's still a lot to be done, but I'm confident that Tech Guru will make improvements to the quality of his posts.

#32 October 19 2018

anayman_k7

The reviews are out, the i9 9900k which is a performance monster is also is power draw and heat generator monster, 95c for 4.8Ghz on all 8 cores using 360mm water cooler, and the CPU is soldered so unless your are der8auer you can't reduce that heat, all that at a price of 580$

#33 October 19 2018

Raficoo

anayman_k7 wrote:

The reviews are out, the i9 9900k which is a performance monster is also is power draw and heat generator monster, 95c for 4.8Ghz on all 8 cores using 360mm water cooler, and the CPU is soldered so unless your are der8auer you can't reduce that heat, all that at a price of 580$

Good lord...
1539956327112.png

#34 October 19 2018

Tech Guru

I will definitely grab with no  OC  or a mild OC (Depending on my testing)

"Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen CPU Review: Fastest Gaming Processor Ever

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/in … ,5847.html

Intel Always nail it in Performance :)

Last edited by Tech Guru (October 19 2018)

#35 October 19 2018

duke-of-bytes

why not get the Core i7-9700K instead ? same core counts without the hyperthreading and 150 $ cheaper

#36 October 19 2018

anayman_k7

Tech Guru wrote:

Benchmarks show that the 8700k OCed is still a champ without issues and with some how acceptable pricing/availability

Last edited by anayman_k7 (October 19 2018)

#37 October 19 2018

Tech Guru

anayman_k7 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Benchmarks show that the 8700k OCed is still a champ without issues and with some how acceptable pricing/availability

Comparing to the i7 9700k Yes , but not the i 9 9900k. I Think the i 7 9700K is a big miss , they lowered the L3 Cache per core to 1.5 MB compared to 2 MB on the i7 8700k and i9 9900K and they disabled HT too.

#38 November 14 2018

anayman_k7

Be aware of Asus Z390 motherboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lAE3PgWoRc

#39 November 14 2018

nefe_lpmk

Yes asus 390 Hero 6 sucks , fake VRMs marketing.

#40 November 15 2018

Tech Guru

anayman_k7 wrote:

Be aware of Asus Z390 motherboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lAE3PgWoRc

Which Motherboard in Specific

All Hero XI , Formula XI , and Code XI uses a beefy 4 phases design that deliver above 200 W of power to the i9 9900k. The end results what matters not the embedded design it self. Many boards uses 8 or 10 phases VRM but with low Amp per VRM power stage

You need simply  a quality z390 board to OC the i9 9900k , similar story with a z370 on the i7 8700k.

Overclock.net did a very detailed table and divided all the z390 ( From Asus and other Brands into Tiers)

Mm9hUMd.jpg

The Hero X , Formula and Code are Tier 2 Boards

https://www.overclock.net/forum/attachm … 28376&d=15

8 × SiC639 50A PowerStage on the Formula , Code , Hero XI will  ensure 200 - 250 W no power throtelling at all. With proper case cooling you can OC a i9 9900k normally and this matches testimonies of end hardware enthusiasts actually owning such boards. End result is very solid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments … 0_maximus/

The Hero X I used OC'd the i7 8700k to locked 5.1Ghz  without any throtelling issues on all 6 cores with negative AVX offset set to zero. (With no Delid and liquid metal , using H110i 240mm)

EqvY7St.jpg

Please do not give  general assumptions , I am  personally going with the ROG Z390 Maxumus Formula or Extreme ( More inclined to the Extreme too (10x IR3555 60A powerstage). ROG products never failed me for a picky hardware enthusiast that pushes his hardware to his extreme

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 15 2018)

#41 November 15 2018

anayman_k7

well the tests are out there with the 9900k and the Asus Heros performed the worst

#42 November 15 2018

DNA

hOMICJ9.jpg
eW0rDjC.jpg
rEiSJwm.jpg

I own an Asrock (which never failed me) it uses 10 real phases and i did overclock 8700k to 5.1ghz @ 1.328v on air using it surpassed 220watts on AVX instructions with no issues whatsoever (other than 98c at 100% usage hehe). currently running 5.0Ghz @ 1.28V on air with max 80 degrees at full load you dont need overpriced stuff to push the hardware to the limit , granted i should move to liquid cooling.

#43 November 15 2018

anayman_k7

DNA wrote:

I own an Asrock (which never failed me) it uses 10 real phases and i did overclock 8700k to 5.1ghz @ 1.328v on air using it surpassed 220watts on AVX instructions with no issues whatsoever (other than 98c at 100% usage hehe). currently running 5.0Ghz @ 1.28V on air with max 80 degrees at full load you dont need overpriced stuff to push the hardware to the limit , granted i should move to liquid cooling.

Nice stuff, you will be good with air cooling if you delid the 8700k

#44 November 15 2018

DNA

Thanks man. Practically in games and regular usage i never go past 65c on air so am good till now
i was just trying to make a point by posting.

#45 November 15 2018

Tech Guru

anayman_k7 wrote:

well the tests are out there with the 9900k and the Asus Heros performed the worst

Be specific performed in what the worst

VRM Power Throtelling
VRM Temperature Throtelling

None m do exist , I can arrange for you a visit to my friend who has a Hero XI and i9 9900K OC'd to at 5Ghz on all 8 cores with AVX negative offset set to zero. No throrelling issues .

What is your CPU OC?

#46 November 15 2018

Tech Guru

DNA wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/hOMICJ9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eW0rDjC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rEiSJwm.jpg

On i9900K mate , a totally different story. The two additional cores will put more strain on the VRM in trubo and OC mode , and it superasses the 95TDP easily > 200W the safe zone that requires much power feed by the motherboard

The 8th Core on the i9 9900k operates at 4.7 Ghz turbo vs the 6th Core on the i7 8700k operates at 4.2 Ghz Turbo.

1.328V is some high Vcore watch.

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 16 2018)

#47 November 27 2018

Tech Guru

Ryzen 2700x on Heavy Load - 64 Player Conquest BF 5 Multiplayer and Not Single Player Campaigns   , Numbers Are Damn bad.

Hardware Unboxed:

https://youtu.be/AsB8MPVnBoY

UwvjPfe.jpg

VAjMWBH.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 27 2018)

#48 November 27 2018

Tech Guru

I9 9900K just arrived for my build upgrade plan. Ordered from UK then shipped to France to Beirut through luggage.

~ 650  USD including Call of Duty Black Ops4 Digital Code.

mFScMGJ.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 27 2018)

#49 December 12 2018

Aly

Congratz, what motherboard did you get eventually (or planning to get) ? Because the Lebanese market dont have enough choices of Z390 chipset based boards at the moment.

Last edited by Aly (December 12 2018)

#50 December 13 2018

Tech Guru

Aly wrote:

Congratz, what motherboard did you get eventually (or planning to get) ? Because the Lebanese market dont have enough choices of Z390 chipset based boards at the moment.

I ordered the Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme

Fully Fledged

Looks
10 Phases ( 10 X IR3555) Vram , 60 A per Stage
Additional M2 Extension
Oled Display

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-M … I-EXTREME/

Board footer