LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 23 2018

RandomMemory

Microwave ISP in Beirut - TH GlobalVision?

There's a microwave ISP in beirut called TH GlobalVision. Any info?
I am looking into them, just wanted to know if any of you ever subscribed to their service.

#2 July 24 2018

dio

Re: Microwave ISP in Beirut - TH GlobalVision?

RandomMemory wrote:

I am looking into them, just wanted to know if any of you ever subscribed to their service.

I haven't. But im still on the search for a reliable, affordable ISP so if you do find out any info, please let me know.

#3 August 6 2018

RandomMemory

Nope they couldn't serve me in my area. But stay tuned in for my post tomorrow. Im gonna show my pFsense and load balancing setup on 2 microwave Setups. Should be 20mbps in terms of speed for less than 90$

Last edited by RandomMemory (August 6 2018)

#4 August 6 2018

Prince

th globalvision is for toufic husso

#5 August 8 2018

RandomMemory

Prince wrote:

th globalvision is for toufic husso

ah rip then

#6 August 8 2018

nuclearcat

why rip?

#7 August 8 2018

RandomMemory

didn't he go to jail sometime back due to google cache? He has a bad rep afaik

Last edited by RandomMemory (August 8 2018)

#8 August 8 2018

nuclearcat

Many illegal operators started fighting against him and paid for prostitutes from the media for "coverage", i thought it is obvious.
He was arrested for a while with many others, but as far as I know found not guilty, and released long time ago.
He is not perfect, as all we are, and if we speak objectively  - definitely not guilty in this story, it was fabricated from A to Z.
Maybe I'm sometimes dissatisfied with his business decisions, but I did not see anything critical, and he did much more honestl and fair business, than others ISPs.
But when it come to friendship, this is the best friend that you can have.
Once, when I had serious and urgent technical difficulties with the equipment in the apartment, unfortunately at weekend, and nobody answered phone except him, although he is a fairly rich and respected person, he came personally and helped, without being afraid to get his hands dirty.

#9 August 9 2018

RandomMemory

That is very interesting to hear. I was in talks with them for a while so I could start my own internet reselling business since they have no one in the area. But we didn't come to anything in the end. They didn't give me a reply if I had vision of their antennas.

#10 August 10 2018

nuclearcat

Honestly, i don't interfere in his business, but i can try to ask, send me in pm how they know you (tel numbers or email), i will ask about update.

#11 August 16 2018

Aveline

Can anyone give me feedback on Globalvision's internet latency and quality in general? I'm thinking of subscribing with them if they have very good upload speeds.

Board footer