LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 20 2018

duke-of-bytes

Setting up an Ethereum miner

hello awesome people
i set up 5 mining machine , each with 6 RX580 which i was able to make all gpu work
who can help me out with fine tuning the machines or maybe me direct me to some resources to start mining ETH ?
i have no clue what to do ..searched on google and tried some mining software but i am sure there is some issues as i dont know my wallet or anything
whoever helps me out will get 0.5 ETH as soon as i mine it

#2 July 24 2018

duke-of-bytes

Re: Setting up an Ethereum miner

So i have 5 mining rigs each with 6 rx570 but they are posting a lot and the motherboard is some Chinese oem h81 with 6 pcie1.. just a pain in the ass.
I am looking to replace the current rigs with something more powerfull and compatible with the rx570.
What would you advise for board and cpu??

#3 July 24 2018

duke-of-bytes

Thanks for @DNA i am able to set a wallet.. Get claymore and start mining

#4 July 24 2018

Johnaudi

Hey man, it's nice to see further geeks interested in crypto, if you're in need of more help let me know (don't need any ETH).

#5 July 24 2018

Johnaudi

Can you define "posting a lot"? Perhaps it is the server you are connected to or internet related? A common issue I've found is that if you're using windows it may cause auto-shutdown if you haven't disabled that in the first place.

#6 July 25 2018

duke-of-bytes

No the gpus stop working or the rig reoots with blue screens.. Looks like it cannot tolerate 6 gpus quite well.. All these are b4 mining

#7 July 25 2018

Johnaudi

What is the power supply used in your rig?

#8 July 25 2018

duke-of-bytes

Johnaudi wrote:

What is the power supply used in your rig?

i have two ELPIS sp-700GX on each rig supporting 6 RX570 , cpu and board

ive been struggling since 3 days to make the rigs work .. only one is working normally .. others either dont see the gpu all together or crash constantly

i have the latest drivers

#9 July 25 2018

MrClass

Easily the ASUS PRIME Z370-A

I also mined 6 months back (bought before the mining craze, sold parts for double price after the craze, better profit than mining itself  )

I used only RX580s. 1 rig had 8 cards (7 risers + 1 M.2 riser), while the other had 9 cards (7 risers + 2 M.2 risers).

After few bios tweaks, all cards get detected easily, and both rigs ran perfectly. No issues, no maintenance, just smooth sailing. Not sure what processor you got. If you need Z270 platform, you can also use the ASUS PRIME Z270-A

#10 July 26 2018

duke-of-bytes

MrClass wrote:

Easily the ASUS PRIME Z370-A

I also mined 6 months back (bought before the mining craze, sold parts for double price after the craze, better profit than mining itself  )

I used only RX580s. 1 rig had 8 cards (7 risers + 1 M.2 riser), while the other had 9 cards (7 risers + 2 M.2 risers).

After few bios tweaks, all cards get detected easily, and both rigs ran perfectly. No issues, no maintenance, just smooth sailing. Not sure what processor you got. If you need Z270 platform, you can also use the ASUS PRIME Z270-A

i was thinking about the Asus B250 MINING EXPERT
19 PCIe slot and Triple-ATX12V power delivery

#11 July 26 2018

MrClass

Windows has a limitation on how many graphic cards can get recognized. I think it's 12. For that board, you'll have to use another OS like some mining oriented linux distro. Plus that board is useless for other purposes. Get the Asus Prime, you'll be able to sell it later to some gamers

#12 July 26 2018

duke-of-bytes

MrClass wrote:

Windows has a limitation on how many graphic cards can get recognized. I think it's 12. For that board, you'll have to use another OS like some mining oriented linux distro. Plus that board is useless for other purposes. Get the Asus Prime, you'll be able to sell it later to some gamers

good point , but the asus 250 can have 3 power supplies to power the pci lanes ...but yeah i will not use more than 6 or 8 gpu on one board ..

#13 July 28 2018

duke-of-bytes

so i have an open budget to build a decent ethereum mining with no cost barred but i have couple of conditions :
1- fit at minimum 6  rx570 8gb
2-rackable
3-decent airflow and cooling

i only have now the gpus ..i want to change everything i have (mobos , psu , case)

i was thinking about something like this : https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Rackmou … GPJY87YGG2

what do you say ?

#14 September 29 2018

MrElie

I have been dealing with crypto exchange for quite few years now. I think there are much easier cryptos you can mine, specially that ethereum price is facing a significant drop. I would love to help you with a smart miner, that will mine depends on each day stock price and difficulty of the crypto is.
hit me up if you need help

#15 September 29 2018

duke-of-bytes

MrElie wrote:

I have been dealing with crypto exchange for quite few years now. I think there are much easier cryptos you can mine, specially that ethereum price is facing a significant drop. I would love to help you with a smart miner, that will mine depends on each day stock price and difficulty of the crypto is.

I have 5 miners now.. Each has 6 gpus rx570 8gb..each is. Able mine around 140 150 mh/s.
I tested them for few hours and the heat inside my sever room was too much.. Plus the power usage is high for the small pdu i connected them to.
Will test them next week maybe.
Im too busy nowadays to monitor the rigs

#16 September 30 2018

MrClass

duke-of-bytes wrote:
MrElie wrote:

I have 5 miners now.. Each has 6 gpus rx570 8gb..each is. Able mine around 140 150 mh/s.
I tested them for few hours and the heat inside my sever room was too much.. Plus the power usage is high for the small pdu i connected them to.

Remember, the best way to cool your rigs is to get rid of the heat (as in let the hot air out)

#17 October 1 2018

duke-of-bytes

MrClass wrote:
duke-of-bytes wrote:
MrElie wrote:

Remember, the best way to cool your rigs is to get rid of the heat (as in let the hot air out)

it is hard to install extractors in the server room i'm using .. but i have a 18 000 BTU ac
i should monitor them live for few hours ..didnt have the time yet

Board footer