LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 15 2018

potato

Configuring IPV6 on Ogero for DDWRT router

Hi guys,

IPv6 is working on my ogero connection on my vdsl (tested on my clients connected to the modem).
However im trying to forward this connectivity to my router (R8000)  appreciate someone helping with the configuration of IPv6.

Below you may find the connection showing on my dsl:

1_158.png

and the below is my configuration on my router::

IPV6 - enable
Native ipv6 from isp
static dns 1 as pic
static dns2 as pic
assigned / routed prefix - empty
router ipv6 address - empty
Radvd enabled

My router is getting ipv6 ip's and my clients however no internet connection.

Thank you.

Last edited by potato (July 15 2018)

#2 July 15 2018

alifawaz99

Re: Configuring IPV6 on Ogero for DDWRT router

Actually I can't get IPv6 to work yet :(
I also have VDSL

#3 July 15 2018

Doom

Is IPv6 available for all Ogero subscribers now? Can I enable it for my ADSL2+ router?(the option is there) and is there any benefits for us home users?

#4 July 16 2018

duke-of-bytes

is your nighthawk directly connected to the vdsl modem ?!
how are you setting up the internet on your r8000 ? are you having problems giving ipv6 to the clients connected to the r8000 or problem having ipv6 on the r8000 ?!

#5 July 16 2018

potato

duke-of-bytes wrote:

is your nighthawk directly connected to the vdsl modem ?!
how are you setting up the internet on your r8000 ? are you having problems giving ipv6 to the clients connected to the r8000 or problem having ipv6 on the r8000 ?!

Yes, actually mine is R8500, ipv6 is working fine on my vdsl (public ipv6) and r8500 (local ipv6). However on my vdsl im getting internet connection but not on the r8500. After checking ddwrt forums in order to get an ipv6 it needs to be assigned from ogero side to get public ipv6 (not like ipv4 (1 public ip). I need someone from ogero to support me with the configuration. Until then ill update you guys since ipv6 is still new and its not the same as ipv4 (different configuration and you get public ips for all your clients not only your router).

#6 July 16 2018

duke-of-bytes

True ipv6 is giving to each client .. better use the auto config ipv6 on your R8500  or use it as transparent AP ( ipv6 dhcp on the vdsl)

#7 July 19 2018

potato

Yup ive configured the modem in bridge mode and finally my whole network is connecting to ipv6.
ok_194.png

Board footer