LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 9 2018

NuclearVision

huawei supercharge (5a)

Hello i'm looking for a store that sells this item along the cable, couldn't find the original one anywhere, reasonable price is a must. Preferably between hazmie and saida. Or near.
Thanks all!

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 9 2018)

#2 July 10 2018

Draguen

Re: huawei supercharge (5a)

Hey, stay away from fake ones.

I once bought a supercharger for my mate 8 from Aliexpress (5 to10 dollarish), the charging rate was indeed superfast but everytime i touched my phone i would get slightly electrocuted.

after 6 month the battery started to "inflate" to the point where my screen poped out followed closely by the battery charging capacity skydiving to 30 minutes of usage.

since my GF had the same phone bought on the same day and the fact that to this day her battery is running OK, i know what to blame.

#3 July 10 2018

xazbrat

Try the main office in Sin El Fil--I know not on your preferred area to find, but you can be 'reasonably assured' that it would be original---I couldn't comment on price though.

good luck

#4 July 10 2018

NuclearVision

ok guys noted, any other contribution.

#5 July 10 2018

NuclearVision

Draguen wrote:

Hey, stay away from fake ones.

I once bought a supercharger for my mate 8 from Aliexpress (5 to10 dollarish), the charging rate was indeed superfast but everytime i touched my phone i would get slightly electrocuted.

after 6 month the battery started to "inflate" to the point where my screen poped out followed closely by the battery charging capacity skydiving to 30 minutes of usage.

since my GF had the same phone bought on the same day and the fact that to this day her battery is running OK, i know what to blame.

Hello how did you know it wasnt genuine. I bought one from ali for 15usd. Reviews are mixed not sure, waiting for it to come to compare it to relatives.

#6 July 11 2018

Draguen

There is no utlimate giveaway, but usually it's relatively easy to notice if you have an original charger to compare it to.

Some of the hints however is usually the "resolution" of the writing on the charger, since fake ones scan the original and reprint it, there is usually a loss of quality, the weight and material used (especially for the included cable) can also help. Finally for me, the fact that there was electricity passing through the aluminium uni-body of the phone was a pretty big clue.

#7 July 25 2018

NuclearVision

update: Went to mirna chalouhi, the service center don't have any parking spots, had to beg the the grocery to let me park...
Went inside asked for the charger, and the guy said: Ahh thr charger, yea we have it, its 20$ and thr cable is 21$. Fine ok i said, then he said nooo we dont carry it and you have to ask for it then come pick it in 1 week. No thanks, ordered it from germany for 35€ it will take one week to my doorstep. The charger from Ali arrived, does supercharge the handset but doesn't look estethically 100% like my original charger, the cable looks also of poor quality, it cost 16$ and some reviewers claim it stops supercharge after few cycles.

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 25 2018)

Board footer