LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 June 21 2018

xazbrat

Re: What choices in your life that you made are worth sharing ?

I will add a few  things:

1.  Stay away from constantly negative people---they serve nothing but to complain and bring those around them into a worse mood.

2.  As stated before, find a way to unwind/ let your frustrations out in a good way.  Go to the beach or mountains, train at gym, play golf---doesn't matter, just find an outlet to release your stress.  You and the others around you will thank you.

3. Treat everyone well from people cleaning the streets to maids to CEO;s and political figures---this country has a bad reputation with how people treat others--be one of those that tries to change that perception.

I could give a financial bit, but that is for another topic.

#27 June 21 2018

Salloum

Someone on the first page of this post mentioned time value of money and that taking a loan could be a good thing when you invest your money elsewhere. If you have money to invest in risky things like stocks and bonds, don't get a loan. If you're putting your money in the bank for a credit interest, don't get a loan because it's the SAME INSTITUTION that are taking your deposit and giving you a loan, you're just burning money for nothing. Just pay for it cash and force yourself to re-save up the amount. Don't get a loan for anything unless you absolutely need to, and this is coming from a bank employee. Seriously, don't do it.

#28 June 21 2018

Guitaret

Nice topic, some of the feeds I found helpful to me, thanks guys.
For me I naturaly thought of the negative things first but if I give it much thought I can point out the positive choices but I will only say the below for now:

I was too specific to have things happen to me in my own time frame and plan that I end up missing out on some life and now I am 30 and I feel old to do the things I should have done before.

#29 June 22 2018

rolf

Guitaret wrote:

I was too specific to have things happen to me in my own time frame and plan that I end up missing out on some life and now I am 30 and I feel old to do the things I should have done before.

Yes some good advice on this thread, thank you!

Don't be ridiculous you are not that old. You should be able to do all the things that you think you missed, with added bonus of being wise.
Of course I don't mean the extreme stuff like becoming a pro footballer and playing in the world cup. A bit too late for that (although, maybe if you have exceptional genetics and a lot of luck...).
And yes we get a bit dull, it's a normal part of growing up.

But please don't bring yourself down like this.

Last edited by rolf (June 22 2018)

#30 June 24 2018

samer
Admin

Great thread. Thank you everyone for the valuable tips.

Here's an age-old trick I learned a while back. When you are in stressful situations, take a step back and ask yourself, "can I do something about this? is this under my control?". If the answer is no, there is no point in being angry. If the answer is yes, focus on doing what you can do handle the situation. Either way, anger will not solve anything.

Naturally, this is easier said than done. I have found meditation to be helpful to widen the gap of time between feeling a negative emotion and reacting to it. By creating that gap, you'll have time to ask yourself the questions above, and save yourself a lot of pain.

Note that meditation does not need to religious or spiritual. Check out Oak or Headspace if you are interested in this.

Board footer