LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 9 2018

Red7

Tips for Selling a Car ?

Hello,

I am planning to gtfo soon and my car won’t be of much use to me.
Do you have tips for selling a car ?

I already know that if a buyer is found we’ll have to go to the nef3a to switch ownership and that the person should wire the money first. What about best practices ? What happens to the plate number ? Can I sell that separately or add to the price or does it go to the tradh ?

[gtfo: leaving the country]

Last edited by Red7 (June 9 2018)

#2 June 9 2018

Xsever

Re: Tips for Selling a Car ?

-Use OLX to advertise for free
-The plate number is sold with the car by default in Lebanon.
- Make sure you go to the nef3a to transfer ownership because some sellers will try to buy using only a wikeleh so that they delay registering it and paying registration.
-Make sure everything works in the car and if a problem exists, repair it because that'll be less money than if the buyer wanted to wiggle the price down under pretext of the repairs needed.

Good luck!

Last edited by Xsever (June 9 2018)

#3 June 9 2018

Salloum

You can inqad the number to keep it

#4 June 9 2018

Red7

Thanks for the tips guys.

@Xsever I am sending the car to the company garage on Monday to repair any small scratch and all

@Salloum I won't need the plate number, so I might as well use it as leverage for the price

From what I have been told it is a pain in the neck to sell a Ford. But before buying it, I was also told that repairing it would be hard but it turned out to be very easy if you forget the crooked garages/insurances and go straight to the original company after setting the terms with the insurance.

And the car is amazing.

Last edited by Red7 (June 9 2018)

#5 June 9 2018

Xsever

What year and model is the car btw? What kind of fuel economy were you getting out of it?

#6 June 9 2018

beezer

Clean the car really well, don't forget the trunk and the engine. Take out all your personal belongings from it (things hanging in the mirror or in the cup holder or a USB charger), that will make it feel more new as well.

Good luck.

#7 June 9 2018

Red7

@Xsever It's a Focus 2017. I'll have to check for the fuel economy but in average I refilled for around $30 a month

@beezer thanks will do that once it's cleared from the company.

Board footer