LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 2 2018

hkbazzi

Ordering from GearBest in Lebanon

I bought a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro from GearBest today using Priority line through Aramex
Did anyone try them before?
Are they fast?

If you did try them, please let me know how your experience was with them and what shipping method did you use and the item bought

Thanks

#2 April 3 2018

Draguen

Re: Ordering from GearBest in Lebanon

hey, i've used it before to ship a 40 dollar item, i ended up paying 20 000LL to aramex (cash on delivery). delivery took a week and half.

i'm thinking of getting the same laptop soon, please let us know how it goes.

#3 April 4 2018

hkbazzi

Draguen wrote:

hey, i've used it before to ship a 40 dollar item, i ended up paying 20 000LL to aramex (cash on delivery). delivery took a week and half.

i'm thinking of getting the same laptop soon, please let us know how it goes.

I ordered the laptop on the 2nd of April, so far it is still processing. They told me that they need 3 to 5 business days to process my order. Was that  the same case as yours?

#4 April 4 2018

Draguen

yes, they're super slow to process since they manage their stock themselves. you buy directly from gearbest and not a random seller.

also, if you can pay by paypal it's better for you, since they try to make you pay extra to "insure the package during delivery" while legally it's entirely their fault if anything happens regardless of if you paid the supplement. However they will act as if it wasn't their fault and you should have selected the option (usually 2 to 4 dollars).

if it goes to a complain / claim and you haven't selected it at this point, PayPal can come in and refund you no questions asked. (too bad we can't use it here) while they will drag their feet unless you take it to a public forum

#5 April 14 2018

hkbazzi

Just an update:

I got the laptop yesterday. There were delays from GearBest I paid 90 dollars for delivery and tax.

I placed the order on the 2nd of April.

They sent me an email that my order has been processed and shipped out on the 5th of April.

I called Aramex to ask why it still did not ship, they told me that they haven't received the package from GearBest so it seems that they forgot to drop off the Laptop to Aramex in Hong Kong.

Here's the link to the tracking page

#6 April 14 2018

xazbrat

hkbazzi wrote:

Just an update:

I got the laptop yesterday. There were delays from GearBest I paid 90 dollars for delivery and tax.

They sent me an email that my order has been processed and shipped out on the 5th of April.

I called Aramex to ask why it still did not ship, they told me that they haven't received the package from GearBest so it seems that they forgot to drop off the Laptop to Aramex in Hong Kong.

From placing order to getting it in 11 days is heads above aliexpress--may have to look there instead for electronics.  Let us know how the laptop is when you get a chance to take it through its paces.

#7 April 15 2018

hkbazzi

xazbrat wrote:
hkbazzi wrote:

Just an update:

From placing order to getting it in 11 days is heads above aliexpress--may have to look there instead for electronics.  Let us know how the laptop is when you get a chance to take it through its paces.

well so far its been great, i opened it up, repasted it. The thermal compound was breaking and for a new laptop thats horrible. Temps were fine though. bare in mind i paid 13 dollars shipping with aramex, otherwise it would have taken much longer than free shipping. another thing to note is that it could have arrived sooner but gearbest forgot to drop it off to aramex in hong kong after the processing was done

Last edited by hkbazzi (April 15 2018)

#8 April 15 2018

Draguen

Hey man, can you post a link to the laptop you bought? Also how much you ended up paying including everything?

#9 July 15 2018

Destermayor

To me Gearbest comes right after Aliexpress, i have plenty of purchases from there.

I bought an action cam from there, no taxes or so. For the shipping method I usually choose PostNL or PostNordSweden.
The delivery speed is faster than AliExpress that's for sure, but sometimes can take as much as long.
Once i bought an item for 1.58$, i received that in 11 days  that was the fastest so far.
Shipping through GearBest though is never free, maybe that explains the delivery speeds.

As for undelivered items which happened only once among 15+ orders, (it was a Netac Pro product) after messaging Gearbest support, they refunded me its full price (i did NOT have shipping insurance ticked once i bought it). In such cases they make you choose among:

1. A full refund to your credit card which can take a couple of business days.
Or
2. A full refund to your GearBest wallet (instant), if you choose this, you also get an extra 1 GB point for each 1$ refunded.
GB points can be used as coupons (50 gb points = 1$)
You can accumulate GB points by leaving feedback for purchased items as well.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Destermayor (July 22 2018)

#10 October 9 2018

NuclearVision

hello sorry to bring this up again, I was wondering how much did the notebook cost? And how much did the seller declare it in customs form? Im trying  to figure out how much  customs i'll have to pay, i bought a tablet online for 300+60 shipping and seller declared it as 360 usd, honesty borderlining stupidity.

Board footer