LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 19 2018

gamer4life

IPTV in Lebanon

Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting this subject in the right place, if not sorry for messing things.

Since our internet speeds are getting higher and higher and much easier to stream now. Did anyone here subscribe to an iptv? If so please explain which website and the monthly payments and the minimum speed you need to not stutter.
I'm currently checking the trials they offer so I can find the best one.

#2 March 19 2018

rolf

Re: IPTV in Lebanon

Someone demoed it to me.
It seemed to work. We did a calculation and found that we would have a problem with the quota if it is left on all day long. However for a couple of hours a day it should be OK.
It depends on the station, some stations demand a higher bandwidth then others.

#3 March 19 2018

AVOlio

I was on iptv even before the recent internet speed upgrades.
It used to buffer when I was on 2mbps but now on almost 30mbps I shouldn't have a problem at all, but sometimes it does buffer, it depends on the provider, quality of servers and the traffic that they are carrying.

My subscription has ended and I didn't renew yet, cause my provider recently increased the prices a bit due to the fact that he's updating his entire system / servers to prepare for the traffic for the world cup.

#4 March 20 2018

LifeEngineer

AVOlio wrote:

but now on almost 30mbps.

Holy Cow! How do you have that?! I'm on 1.5 to 2mbps cable... :(

#5 March 20 2018

RandomMemory

Do you guys know cablevision? Heard they made a deal/got bought (not sure) and they will start providing IPTV via their own stations, not via internet.

#6 March 20 2018

AVOlio

LifeEngineer wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

but now on almost 30mbps.

Holy Cow! How do you have that?! I'm on 1.5 to 2mbps cable... :(

VDSL bro.

@RandomMemory
What's the use?
Iptv should be on internet so you could watch it anywhere you go.
What's the use to make iptv via their stations if they already have stations airing?

#7 March 20 2018

gamer4life

AVOlio wrote:

I was on iptv even before the recent internet speed upgrades.
It used to buffer when I was on 2mbps but now on almost 30mbps I shouldn't have a problem at all, but sometimes it does buffer, it depends on the provider, quality of servers and the traffic that they are carrying.

My subscription has ended and I didn't renew yet, cause my provider recently increased the prices a bit due to the fact that he's updating his entire system / servers to prepare for the traffic for the world cup.

Which provider where you with?
I'm thinking of subscribing with bestbuy iptv. The 2 day trial they gave me was excellent with my 4M unlimited, they also have the best prices from which I compared, 10$/month 15/ 2 months... 70$/year. Any thoughts on this provider?

#8 March 20 2018

AVOlio

Oh my provider was from the sister country, idk if they have a name, but I've been with him for such a long time started with cccam servers on satellite receivers and moved on to iptv.
I'll give bestbuy a try and give you my feedback.

But either way, my suggestion is if you're planning to start with them, start with one month first and see how it goes during that month.

Last edited by AVOlio (March 20 2018)

#9 March 21 2018

gamer4life

AVOlio wrote:

Oh my provider was from the sister country, idk if they have a name, but I've been with him for such a long time started with cccam servers on satellite receivers and moved on to iptv.
I'll give bestbuy a try and give you my feedback.

But either way, my suggestion is if you're planning to start with them, start with one month first and see how it goes during that month.

Yup that's what I was thinking, no more than 1 month.
And update me when you check the trial.

#10 March 25 2018

AVOlio

I tried the trial at bestbuy, they has a variety of channels I give them that, but there were a couple of things that need talking about,
1- Their sorting system is shit, you'll get dizzy finding a certain channel you want under each category, and I don't really wanna type the channel in everytime I want to watch something, my provider has everything sorted perfectly by region ans within those regions by channel groups / chains?
2-Some channels were not working, and some channels were stuck on video loops (which both were common with my provider as well, but that's ok, because going into iptv I knew the risks, and the uptime of the servers and channels are normally between 90-95%, so you have 5% chance of down time.
3-i experienced the same buffering on Some channels! This as I said happened with my provider as well, where the application only used to draw like 2mbps speed max from my internet, while other channels use more, up to 9/10mbps in certain intervals, and this low usage of bandwidth is causing the buffering.
Perhaps this is due to server quality or traffic?
Maybe you can tell me your experience with this? Were there any channels that weren't using all of your 4mbps?

#11 March 26 2018

gamer4life

1- I'm using smart iptv app on my tv and I always press the sorting or grouping button which solves the region or sorting issue.
2-You are right some channels were in a loop but that happened like 2 times in a week and for only 1 channel. For the offline channels, yes there are some which you might find offline but still I'm pleased because it was some channel that I wouldnt watch. I'm in IPTV for Bein mainly and the good thing is that they have backup for them if you noticed.
3-Yea I noticed some channels only needed like 2M speed and other consumed my whole 4M and others even buffered. The consumption of the speed is relative to the quality of the picture and how it is streamed from them to us, it was weird how the picture quality was below average and it shows that you are streaming 720p and consuming all 4M speed, this might be as you said server traffic. I managed to solve the buffering by letting the channels load for like 10 secs before they start, this really solved the stuttering issue.

I'm really confused to which provider should I subscribe and what to do, I'm mainly for Bein but still 250$ a year is a rip-off from the bein official. Iptv is a much better option, but not that stable :/

#12 January 12 2019

Talal

Hello Geeks! We provide IPTV service if anyone is interested :-)
Many channels have FHD, HD and SD quality to satisfy every connection speed available. All Bein, OSN, MyHD packages are available in addition to channels feom around the World.. Moreover, VODs and Series library is at your fingertips.
Free trial available as well!
If anyone interested, please contact us on:
FB: http://facebook .com/IPTVizion
Email: iptvizion@gmail.com

Board footer