LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 March 9 2018

TrollFatGuy

Re: What mobile phone are you using?

khanem wrote:

Pixel 2 xl. Just flashed android 9 developper preview.

As a note user, I am so jealous right now. How is the battery life? (Pre-flashing)

#52 April 19 2018

ahb21

Have been using a Nexus 6 for the past 3 years. It's been pretty great, but it's approaching the end of its lifetime. Battery barely lasts 3 hours of on-screen time and the camera takes pictures 2/5 times tried. It's also slowed down a bit and lags a lot now.
Was considering buying a OP5T but they seem to have sold out. Any ideas where I can get one? I'll probably end up waiting for the OP6 to launch though.

#53 April 19 2018

rolf

LG G2 bought on the recommendation of someone on this forum, and I still like it. It's like 5 years old but I think it is still usable for a couple of years, it's not exactly a weak/slow phone (although getting a little old).
Anyway the sad thing is I fell down a couple of days ago while jogging, because I was running in the dark and someone had done some construction work on the sidewalk and left it with protruding tiles and what not, and I tripped. This phone is pretty resistant and fell many times but this time it seems I fell on top of it, the glass cracked. I also scorched my knees.
I tried to separate the digitizer from the lcd and evidently I cracked the LCD.
So do you know where I can get a replacement part here? I would prefer to do the replacement myself but I need the part.

Last edited by rolf (April 19 2018)

#54 April 20 2018

LifeEngineer

rolf wrote:

LG G2 bought on the recommendation of someone on this forum, and I still like it. It's like 5 years old but I think it is still usable for a couple of years, it's not exactly a weak/slow phone (although getting a little old).
Anyway the sad thing is I fell down a couple of days ago while jogging, because I was running in the dark and someone had done some construction work on the sidewalk and left it with protruding tiles and what not, and I tripped. This phone is pretty resistant and fell many times but this time it seems I fell on top of it, the glass cracked. I also scorched my knees.
So do you know where I can get a replacement part here? I would prefer to do the replacement myself but I need the part.

OMG.

#55 April 20 2018

rolf

LifeEngineer wrote:

OMG.

I'm gonna try to fix my phone, I kind of like it and I prefer not to produce garbage. Electronics are not recycled in this country, when you throw something away it doesn't magically disappear from this planet, it just ends up in a nice landfill somewhere.

#56 April 24 2018

Hamra

I finally gave up on my Note 4 this January (Medal of Honour: December 2014 - January 2018), and got a Note 8. I've always been a fan of the notes, had a Note 3 before them (Still used by my little sister, resilient phone that won't die).

Hopefully, won't be buying any new phone for at least 2 years. And hopefully, Samsung won't downgrade the experience with their silly sudden concept changes that no one asks for. (Looking at you Samsung Note, screw you, you'll never replace S Note)

#57 April 28 2018

Salloum

rolf wrote:

Buy a replacement screen off aliexpress, if you can find one. Doubt you'll find parts for this device in Lebanon.

#58 May 13 2018

Romanvian

OnePlus 3 but looking to trade for an iphone 7 plus +some cash difference.

Hit me up if interested

#59 May 13 2018

Sup3r

iphone 8

#60 May 13 2018

shant

Note 2, with custom rom

#61 May 14 2018

ap4ss3rby

I got myself a Moto G5 for 200$ around a year ago. On an unrelated note,I see most of you are using phones with AMOLED displays from a few years ago as your primary phone. How is the burn in situation?

Last edited by ap4ss3rby (May 14 2018)

#62 May 14 2018

Xsever

shant wrote:

Note 2, with custom rom

Which ROM are you using? Still on the original battery or replaced it already?

#63 May 14 2018

shant

Xsever wrote:
shant wrote:

Note 2, with custom rom

Which ROM are you using? Still on the original battery or replaced it already?

I'm using lineage OS, using an original replacement (since ~3 years), though my original still works as good as this one.

Last edited by shant (May 14 2018)

#64 May 15 2018

Xsever

shant wrote:

I'm using lineage OS, using an original replacement (since ~3 years), though my original still works as good as this one.

Very cool. Which Lineage OS version? Oreo?

#65 May 15 2018

shant

Xsever wrote:
shant wrote:

Very cool. Which Lineage OS version? Oreo?

Android 7.1.2, never did check if Oreo is available, i don't want to go through the process of flashing and reinstalling everything again.

#66 May 18 2018

NAM

mate 10 (not light, not pro.. yes there is a normal mate 10)

#67 May 19 2018

VincentKeyboard

A Samsung galaxy S7 I bought in 2016 while in Saudi Arabia on business for 480 riyals which seems much cheaper than phone prices in Lebanon.

Last edited by VincentKeyboard (May 19 2018)

#68 May 20 2018

Salloum

ap4ss3rby wrote:

I got myself a Moto G5 for 200$ around a year ago. On an unrelated note,I see most of you are using phones with AMOLED displays from a few years ago as your primary phone. How is the burn in situation?

AMOLED and burnin go hand in hand I'm afraid. It depends on your usage. For me, I send 50+ emails a day and use whatsapp and other messaging services quite a bit, so the keyboard is constantly displayed on the screen. I've experienced burnin within 6-8 months of owning a device, there is nothing you can do about it. More expensive phones (ie. phones that have better quality displays) will last longer without burnin.

#69 May 20 2018

Salloum

VincentKeyboard wrote:

A Samsung galaxy S7 I bought in 2016 while in Saudi Arabia on business for 480 riyals which seems much cheaper than phone prices in Lebanon.

In 2016, the S7 was still the flagship Sammy phone and 480 SR is like ±130$.... something wrong with your story ;)

#70 May 21 2018

VincentKeyboard

Salloum wrote:
VincentKeyboard wrote:

In 2016, the S7 was still the flagship Sammy phone and 480 SR is like ±130$.... something wrong with your story ;)

Rqob4M9.jpg Ths is an image is the box with the 24 month warranty. I'm pretty sure that was how much I paid for it but, considering my age, I can always be mistaken.

Last edited by VincentKeyboard (May 21 2018)

#71 May 21 2018

NuclearVision

I had the same impression...

#72 May 21 2018

VincentKeyboard

It happens.

#73 May 21 2018

AVOlio

ap4ss3rby wrote:

Burn in happened in my case under very very heavy usage, and in heavy usage I want to mean that the amount of time you open an app with certain static images displayed AND the amount of cpu usage that app is using and how hot it is making the phone.

Some would say cpu usage and temperature of the phone isn't related to burn in, only the time that those static images are displayed, but here's my case.

I used to play a certain game, that has static images (bars) on top of the screen and on the bottom. When I started this game, I was so addicted to it, it's an augmented reality game just like Pokémon Go (in fact it is the base of Pokémon go made by the same company) anyway I used to spend at least 4-6 hours waking around, most of the times under the sun, playing with the game open (game had to be open in order to track my km walked) with those bars on the screen.
And right after every play session I had, which as I mentioned were repetitive 4-6 hours sessions every day, sometimes more, with the phone being stressed and hot especially on summer days.

Point is, that other than those 2 bars, I havent experienced ANY sort of burn ins on both of my note 4s. (even the burn in happens on one of them only).

Daily apps like whatsapp, Facebook, emails etc.. You don't have to worry about them.

#74 June 1 2018

MrElie

I feel a bit weird saying this after seeing all you guys with phones lasting I donno how long.. I currently have a note8 but i normally upgrade to every phone that Samsung releases. The only phone I didnt upgrade to is the S9 because my mom got it and i didnt feel its better than the note. I like to play with ROMS, install new stuff exploit new features..

#75 June 1 2018

Draguen

MrElie wrote:

I feel a bit weird saying this after seeing all you guys with phones lasting I donno how long.. I currently have a note8 but i normally upgrade to every phone that Samsung releases. The only phone I didnt upgrade to is the S9 because my mom got it and i didnt feel its better than the note. I like to play with ROMS, install new stuff exploit new features..

No worries man, i guess most of us would upgrade every 6 month / year if we had the budget.

Honestly i'm in love with my PH-1 but i'm starting to feel the need to switch.

On a side note i chose the phones of my family and close friends, so that helps to scratch the itch a bit too.

Board footer