LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 7 2018

xtech

Fastest internet cafe in beirut

So I've been trying to find a cafe in beirut, especially in hamra, with a fast internet and i still didnt find a good one. Any ideas of where can i find a cafe or coffee shop with fast internet speed around hamra?

Thanks

#2 January 12 2018

jad594

Re: Fastest internet cafe in beirut

What exactly will you be using the speed for?

#3 January 12 2018

dio

xtech wrote:

So I've been trying to find a cafe in beirut, especially in hamra, with a fast internet and i still didnt find a good one. Any ideas of where can i find a cafe or coffee shop with fast internet speed around hamra?

Thanks

There's a new one called Net Arena, it's in the alley across El Dorado, (where February 30 used to be.)

I was there playing Dota at one point and there was an update, I was downloading at ~30 mb/s. It's not always that fast, but it can reach those speeds. I think they have some kind of Fiber, or VDSL or something. But that's the fastest I've seen.

Last edited by dio (January 12 2018)

#4 January 12 2018

Jerome

dio wrote:
xtech wrote:

Thanks

There's a new one called Net Arena, it's in the alley across El Dorado, (where February 30 used to be.)

I was there playing Dota at one point and there was an update, I was downloading at ~30 mb/s. It's not always that fast, but it can reach those speeds. I think they have some kind of Fiber, or VDSL or something. But that's the fastest I've seen.

Maybe they have it downloaded on their network, and the computers are just fetching it?

#5 January 13 2018

random-username

Probably using a cache server like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRx_RkdvpS4

#6 January 13 2018

xtech

jad594 wrote:

What exactly will you be using the speed for?

downloading huge data, my internet speed at home is pretty slow and thats the fastest i can get.
I dont need it for gaming because i go to ground zero when wanna play something

#7 January 13 2018

xtech

dio wrote:
xtech wrote:

Thanks

is this a cafe or a gaming lounge?

#8 June 23 2018

TrollFatGuy

Hello, if anyone can provide an update that'd be great!

Board footer