LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 26 2017

blissful_ignorance

Cablevision vs Econet vs Cardsharing servers

Hey guys n gals, I've read several threads here about cccams, cablevision, and whatnot.

Here's the deal; I currently have dishes on Nilesat, Badr 7, Hotbird, and a local cablevision transmission station (for local channels). All hooked up to my receiver via DiSeqc. The cable guy told me that he can sell me a cccam subscription to open up most channels on Hotbird, so I said why not; there are some great channels on that satellite. Paid for cccam and started watching in HD, life was awesome.
2 weeks later, all channels are encrypted. I contact him about the issue and he starts BSing me with made up lies, but he solved it after 2 days. Another 2 weeks, same problem, took 5 days of nagging and bugging him to get the channels back.
I just moved to KSA for work, and yesterday my mom calls me and says that the channels have been gone for several days now. So it seems that every 2 weeks, we have to have an argument with this shmuck. Problem is, I'm not home, and I'm getting real tired of this 2 week crap, and so are my parents.
So now, I'm studying my options which are:
1- Find a more reliable cccam (or any card sharing server).
2- Go legal and subscribe with cablevision or econet.

If I go with 1, does anyone know of a no-hassle-no-BS server, just plug in the settings and watch?
Or if I go with 2, do I go with cablevision or econet? I checked both of their websites. I hear about cablevision a lot, but econet offers several TVs in one subscription + they offer Comedy Central (incredible channel btw, it's a must!).
Cablevision/Econet subscribers, can you please share your experience with your provider? Channels available, signal quality especially in winter, customer service... anything to help me make up my mind?

Thanks in advance!

#2 October 26 2017

AVOlio

Re: Cablevision vs Econet vs Cardsharing servers

I can point out a reliable cccam provider for you.
It was reliable when I used it, I don't know much of its reliability now but I can say 98% it will be reliable.
His server opens almost all satellites, I don't know about Badr I never installed it, so maybe it will open some channels in there for you aswell. Hotbird that's for sure, Nilesat theres nothing really to open there, most are encrypted with no way to open.

Now I'm using iptv which is why I stopped cccam.

Anyway pm me if you want the subscription.

#3 October 27 2017

blissful_ignorance

IPTV in Lebanon? What internet plan would I need for that (speed and monthly cap)?
So cablevision and econet are a no no?

#4 October 27 2017

Mayyad

I was subscribed to cv and i changed to econet due to cv bad reception maybe because of my geographic al location since it was really hard to receive a signal.

The signal on both becomes week on bad weather and heavy rain.
Cv hd channels are 1080i and econet hd channels are 720p.

Cv hd channels signal quality drops at night to below 60 which make them freeze. Didn't know the readon even after i installed 100 cm dish.

I think cv and econet offer channels that you can't find on hotbird or other sat like the osn movies and series channels.

Econet can give you up to 4 subsription which must be connected over the same wifi router, and the master reciever should always be on to make slave receivers are able to work and receive the incryption key.

Last edited by Mayyad (October 27 2017)

#5 October 27 2017

AVOlio

blissful_ignorance wrote:

IPTV in Lebanon? What internet plan would I need for that (speed and monthly cap)?

With the recent Ogero speed ugorades and open speed plans, it's much easier for us now to start having streaming subscriptions and watch iptv.
My open speed reaches 28mbps so its a no brainer.

I have pmed you back btw.

#6 October 27 2017

blissful_ignorance

Mayyad wrote:

I was subscribed to cv and i changed to econet due to cv bad reception maybe because of my geographic al location since it was really hard to receive a signal.

The signal on both becomes week on bad weather and heavy rain.
Cv hd channels are 1080i and econet hd channels are 720p.

Cv hd channels signal quality drops at night to below 60 which make them freeze. Didn't know the readon even after i installed 100 cm dish.

I think cv and econet offer channels that you can't find on hotbird or other sat like the osn movies and series channels.

Econet can give you up to 4 subsription which must be connected over the same wifi router, and the master reciever should always be on to make slave receivers are able to work and receive the incryption key.

720p is allegedly better than 1080i so I have no problem there. (or is it?)
Actually if you go through the channels offered by cable and eco, you would realize that most (excluding OSN and local channels) are available on Hotbird (I know because I've been watching Hotbird for 2 months now).
I saw on econet's website that they support several TVs in one package; something that cablevision does not offer. That's a huge plus for econet.
I'm basically undecided between econet and cccam.
Thanks for your input!

#7 October 27 2017

blissful_ignorance

AVOlio wrote:
blissful_ignorance wrote:

With the recent Ogero speed ugorades and open speed plans, it's much easier for us now to start having streaming subscriptions and watch iptv.
My open speed reaches 28mbps so its a no brainer.

I have pmed you back btw.

Huh.. I just checked Ogero's website, I had no idea these open speed plans existed.
Since you mentioned IPTV, can you give me a rough estimate of how much it consumes (GBs) and what quality you watch in?
Saw your PM thanks!

Board footer