LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 4 2017

zireael

Overwatch Ping

Hello guys,
I'm fairly new to this forum.
I'm having a problem with overwatch ping. every game I play has 'acceptable ping' at around 100-150 ms, which is pretty damn horrid, but still playable. I use both Ogero and MTC 4g. Except for overwatch. The ping is never below 250 ms, and I literally can't aim properly or do anything. I have tried using a VPN, but that didn't help either. Am I the only one with this issue? What have you guys done to solve it if you've had it previously.

#2 September 5 2017

xterm

Re: Overwatch Ping

Using Ogero I'm constantly between 80-100 when playing Overwatch.

I live in Daychounieh, my CO is in Jdeideh.

#3 September 5 2017

zireael

Have you ever done anything to fix it or was it always like that. It's driving me mad that every other game works fine but overwatch doesn't. Any ideas?

#4 September 5 2017

xterm

Do you play other blizzard games?
Are you facing the same problem in other blizzard games?
Do you have Blizzard App downloading updates in the background for other games?

Finally, is there any chance you changed the "Region" by mistake? There's a dropdown above the "Play" button that is supposed to be set to "Europe" for best latency.

#5 September 5 2017

zireael

I play world of warcraft and it runs just fine. No updates are underway and it is set to europe. I've tried all that. The latency never changed.

#6 September 5 2017

zireael

I found it! After a lot of research and trying out different methods, apparently Asus has some software that suppsedly 'fixes' your ping. Since i built my own PC, using an Asus motherboard, i had that software built in. All i had to do was disable it. Im currently at 95 ms on overwatch.

Board footer