LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 May 11 2020

Dan28

Re: Libazon reviews

potato wrote:

quick question when you order an item from libazon. The price you will pay is overall everything ? there is no hidden fees when the item arrives to my door step ?

let us know when you take the risk and place an order :)

#102 May 11 2020

ivy

potato wrote:

quick question when you order an item from libazon. The price you will pay is overall everything ? there is no hidden fees when the item arrives to my door step ?

They stress that point everywhere and there's no reason not to believe them as of this moment.

#103 May 16 2020

Tech Guru

Any items arrived from Libazon or not yet. I have a big order to execute.

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 16 2020)

#104 May 16 2020

Dan28

Tech Guru wrote:

it has been 2 weeks, i wonder if they give tracking number.

#105 May 16 2020

hanycodes

Tech Guru wrote:

Hey Tech Guru, I'm trying to order some stuff too. Not sure about the process, would you be down to order together ? That way maybe we can reduce costs  ?

#106 May 16 2020

Tech Guru

hanycodes wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Hey Tech Guru, I'm trying to order some stuff too. Not sure about the process, would you be down to order together ? That way maybe we can reduce costs  ?

May you elaborate mate more. My basket reached approximately five million LBP until now. I included some stuff for my upcoming first new born.

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 16 2020)

#107 May 16 2020

BHW84

Hello,

when asked about my order, they told me that it must arrive to Beirut next week, they told me when i placed my order that it will take time because of corona virus. in all cases i will keep you updated.

Best Regards,

#108 May 17 2020

zizo99

how can this be logic?

item is a ultra wide screen and the price is 1985$
shipping of that item would costs much much more of 10$
also fees and taxes are 4$ ONLY ?! how is this possible?

THIS IS VERY FISHY

Image Here

Last edited by zizo99 (May 17 2020)

#109 May 18 2020

LifeEngineer

zizo99 wrote:

how can this be logic?

THIS IS VERY FISHY

Image Here

Indeed it is! Let us know how that goes as I'm interested in such a monitor!

#110 May 18 2020

zizo99

LifeEngineer wrote:
zizo99 wrote:

how can this be logic?

THIS IS VERY FISHY

Image Here

Hmmm, im not gonna do it i guess. The price is doesn’t make any sense to me.
They will charge an expensive amount of extra fees when delivering I think

#111 May 18 2020

ivy

zizo99 wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:
zizo99 wrote:

how can this be logic?

THIS IS VERY FISHY

Image Here

Try finding how much it costs on ebay.uk and you'll see the price gap. In fact that gap is what covers profits, taxes and shipping. That $14 is just there a marketing thing, don't fall for it.

EDIT: In fact here you go, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-LC49 … SwzAxelvwa
That's around $1281 which means the gap is ~$800 accounting for taxes and shipping etc..

Last edited by ivy (May 18 2020)

#112 May 18 2020

Kareem

ivy wrote:
zizo99 wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:

Try finding how much it costs on ebay.uk and you'll see the price gap. In fact that gap is what covers profits, taxes and shipping. That $14 is just there a marketing thing, don't fall for it.

That's around $1281 which means the gap is ~$800 accounting for taxes and shipping etc..

Why is everyone saying there's a pricing gap. That still doesn't make sense to me You're not paying $2000 for the monitor. You are paying 3 millions which is almost 750 USD.

So how is this even logical?

Last edited by Kareem (May 18 2020)

#113 May 19 2020

Tech Guru

I will resummarize my findings since there are a lot of repetitive concerns and questions.

If you see the actual price of any item on Ebay or Amazon vs their prices ,  you can see their prices are inflated in USD since they multiply it by 1500 rate. The subtotal prices mainly contains everthing all adjusted to LBP currency devaluation. I previously listed in this post an example of an rtx 2070 super price being listed at  1100 USD.

High × 1500 = Low  × Adjusted Rate.

The 10USD + 4 USD thing on checkout is physiological not real world resemblance. Every thing is included in the subtotal.

Beside I have done a comprehensive due diligence on them. I commuicated with NSSF , MoF , Aramex , OMT , and  BankMed. All marks are checked regarding their genuineness. I shared all my findings in this post too.

Regardless of their pricing schema , the main point if they deliver. I have a friend who told him that his item will arrive this week to him. It's already in the airport.

20200519-025807.jpg

Without diving into their pricing details, if  Items are  delivered vs prices of :

Shipped.io
Iship
Ubuy
Eve Concierge
Desertcart

Libazon will be number choice to me. All others services are overrated and highly priced , especially in this economic crises . You can check why I stopped dealing with shipped.io.

https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19012

The end result what I do care all about without being too picky about how they price things. On the flip side , I don't "buy fish in water."

Genuinity (Checked)
Delivery (Pending)

Both checked , they are number one no question.

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 19 2020)

#114 May 19 2020

mk555

@Tech Guru
Thank you for this, I have some stuff that I need to order and your experience is invaluable. If everything goes well with your order I will surely use their service.

#115 May 19 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

very interesting website they have cbd oil and even pre-rolls listed there I doubt they would ship that

#116 May 19 2020

ivy

Check the list of prohibited items, it's somewhere on the website

#117 May 19 2020

zizo99

ivy wrote:
zizo99 wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:

oh i see, now it makes some logical aspect, so that extra 800$ is the shipping and Lebanese customs + clearance?
that means no hidden fees, right?

#118 May 19 2020

zizo99

Kareem wrote:
ivy wrote:
zizo99 wrote:

Why is everyone saying there's a pricing gap. That still doesn't make sense to me You're not paying $2000 for the monitor. You are paying 3 millions which is almost 750 USD.

So how is this even logical?

this monitor price in lebanon is around 1100-1500$ but the problem they only accept Dollars or LBP according to lebanese market
on "Libazon" the monitor is around 2000$ which is way more then the Lebanese market but they accept LBP on the official rate

#119 May 19 2020

ivy

zizo99 wrote:
ivy wrote:
zizo99 wrote:

oh i see, now it makes some logical aspect, so that extra 800$ is the shipping and Lebanese customs + clearance?
that means no hidden fees, right?

Correct. And as the dollar increases in the black market, their prices get a slight bump to account for it. They don't have any hidden or clearance fees, they obviously have it figured out.

#120 May 19 2020

m0ei

It doesn't add up still, unless they're able to purchase USD at the official rate or something.

I can get from them a 2700$ macbook pro for around 1400$ at the current USD black market rate.

#121 May 19 2020

zizo99

ivy wrote:

Correct. And as the dollar increases in the black market, their prices get a slight bump to account for it. They don't have any hidden or clearance fees, they obviously have it figured out.

is this confirmed? i mean the no extra fees issue?

#122 May 19 2020

ivy

Based on everyone here and the stories they sometimes post on Instagram, no I've has had an issue with them. Unlike DHL or s&s which are mostly foreign, they seem to get their way around customs much better than others.

#123 May 19 2020

zizo99

ivy wrote:

Based on everyone here and the stories they sometimes post on Instagram, no I've has had an issue with them. Unlike DHL or s&s which are mostly foreign, they seem to get their way around customs much better than others.

good, that's great fo us

#124 May 19 2020

ivy

Screenshot-20200509-004605.jpg
Screenshot-20200510-005835.jpg

Those were posted a while back, the person in the second photo was runner up in miss lebanon or something like that.

#125 May 19 2020

m0ei

I pinged them on whatsapp 4-5 hours ago, they saw it but no one replied, then I pinged them again 2 hours ago, no body bothered to check whatsapp yet.

It doesn't look good.

Board footer