LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#401 September 4 2020

zizo99

Re: Libazon reviews

xazbrat wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

i was informed by a member that aramex wants to charge 3500lbp for a dollar, not sure if this will affect libazon.

Also, I have 2 orders from late july, no update to date.

I got something from S&S saying that they would be charging that rate, but not sure where it is going (knowing the Lebanese, through everything probably)

"Experience fixed Currency Exchange rates starting from September 15, 2020.   

We hope you and your family are safe and in good health.   

As you may be aware of fluctuating rates for the Lebanese pound, we would like to inform you that our currency exchange rates are set
        to remain fixed for the dollar. If you choose to pay S&S order fees in LBP cash after September 15, it will be charged at a rate of LBP
        3500 per USD.   

Continue staying safe while we bring your orders with the utmost care."

i think aramex deliver the goods from uk to libazon headquarter in Lebanon, then again aramex distribute them inside Lebanon

#402 September 7 2020

said.saifi

I placed my order in July 1st, and I was supposed to receive my items in August 15 and 20 but I did not and then after talking to them they updated it to Sept 10 and 30.
We are three days from Sept 10 and my items status are still "On the way to Libazon UK"
I talked to them again, and they just say logistics problems and delays from the suppliers.

My items are:
iPhone and TV

So I want to ask people that ordered recently, if they are receiving their orders, and how much time is it taking, and if anyone remember how much time did it take to move to the step after "On the way to Libazon UK"

#403 September 7 2020

Duath

said.saifi wrote:

I placed my order in July 1st, and I was supposed to receive my items in August 15 and 20 but I did not and then after talking to them they updated it to Sept 10 and 30.
We are three days from Sept 10 and my items status are still "On the way to Libazon UK"
I talked to them again, and they just say logistics problems and delays from the suppliers.

My items are:
iPhone and TV

So I want to ask people that ordered recently, if they are receiving their orders, and how much time is it taking, and if anyone remember how much time did it take to move to the step after "On the way to Libazon UK"

ordered a TV on August 10, the delivery date was 14 September, they pushed it to mid October,  i really doubt they will deliver it, if by end of September my item is still  "On the way to Libazon UK" i will probably ask for a refund

#404 September 8 2020

zizo99

said.saifi wrote:

My items are:
iPhone and TV

i received my items 2 months after the purchase date. kindly keep me update about your TV shipment because i am considering to order a TV.

Last edited by zizo99 (September 8 2020)

#405 September 12 2020

Johnaudi

Any idea how this company is making any profit? I could literally buy things there and resell them for three times the price.

#406 September 12 2020

xazbrat

Johnaudi wrote:

Any idea how this company is making any profit? I could literally buy things there and resell them for three times the price.

Just do some digging and you can find how they mark up stuff.   They get a lot of things from ebay, amazon and other discount retailers in the uk.

I am thinking they know or are party to an 'official' exchanger also---that is the only way it makes financial sense.  And yeah, if you have the patience, you can make make money pretty easily as they are still much lower than here---prices here are really inflated since we don't have access to amazon, ebay and other discount retailers.  Aliexpress is hit or miss and everyone is basically resorting to it.

#407 September 12 2020

VincentKeyboard

Johnaudi wrote:

Probably because local stores heavily overprice and people simply accepted that as the norm.

#408 September 17 2020

Hosni

i recently tried to search for kitchen stuff, fridge freezer, and such... while i did before and managed to find great deals, right now their website have no listing of anything, only spare parts, anyone knows why?

#409 September 17 2020

Duath

Hosni wrote:

i recently tried to search for kitchen stuff, fridge freezer, and such... while i did before and managed to find great deals, right now their website have no listing of anything, only spare parts, anyone knows why?

Probably updating their prices, it happened before

#410 September 18 2020

chosen2k

Do the status of the order ever change from "on the way to libazon uk"?
Wtf is this?

Zizo 99 what happened with your order?

#411 September 18 2020

wollyka

Yes they change to "on the way to you"
but orders are currently taking more than 3.5 months
I received my first order after 3 months. Now it is even slower

#412 September 19 2020

said.saifi

2 months 20 days passed, and my order status is still "On the way to Libazon UK".
Contacted them and they said that my order still needs 3 weeks to be received by Libazon UK, then 10 days from UK to Lebanon.
So they said that I should receive my order in less than 1.5 months. But I don't know how much I can trust them, because they told me the same before and provided dates that were wrong.

Last edited by said.saifi (September 23 2020)

#413 September 19 2020

zizo99

chosen2k wrote:

Do the status of the order ever change from "on the way to libazon uk"?
Wtf is this?

Zizo 99 what happened with ur order?

yes all my orders have been received in good packaging and condition, but it takes around 2months to deliver

#414 September 22 2020

Black Sheep

Hey, been watching for a while before pulling the trigger on libazon but it seems the site has no expensive pc/cellphone.... since maybe Thursday or Friday. I don't think updating their product prices should take this long.

#415 September 23 2020

zizo99

Black Sheep wrote:

Hey, been watching for a while before pulling the trigger on libazon but it seems the site has no expensive pc/cellphone.... since maybe Thursday or Friday. I don't think updating their product prices should take this long.

it happened before, many expensive items (cellphones, pc, monitors, etc...) disappeared from the website. but reappeared again out of nowhere.

I placed another order today worth 650,000 LBP

#416 September 23 2020

vlatkozelka

My experience:

Ordered RAM
Paid via OMT
waited
waited
asked on what's app
"sir please refer to the status on the app"
waited
waited
3 months later
shouted on what's app
got a refund

The status was always "pending delivery to Libazon UK"
You'd except that it would take time here, not UK. Considering they're probably delivering from an online shop in UK to Libazon, which is at most 2 weeks... often same day.

Last edited by vlatkozelka (September 23 2020)

#417 September 28 2020

chosen2k

vlatkozelka wrote:

My experience:

Ordered RAM
Paid via OMT
waited
waited
asked on what's app
"sir please refer to the status on the app"
waited
waited
3 months later
shouted on what's app
got a refund

The status was always "pending delivery to Libazon UK"
You'd except that it would take time here, not UK. Considering they're probably delivering from an online shop in UK to Libazon, which is at most 2 weeks... often same day.

I feel that's exactly what's gonna happen to my orders.

#418 September 28 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

ordered a studio mic at the before summer started wanted to use it for uni, paid at omt said it's would take a month received it last week basically took 3-4 month but i did receive it. and here i thought ali express took long

#419 October 1 2020

chosen2k

It looks like their pool of products got nuked.

Also search results only returning items whose sellers are Lebanese.

#420 October 1 2020

zizo99

chosen2k wrote:

It looks like their pool of products got nuked.

Also, search results only returning items whose sellers are Lebanese.

they are doing an update, it will take some days

#421 October 1 2020

Kareem

I pulled the trigger and ordered something for 32,8 millions.

Let's see how it goes.

#422 October 2 2020

zizo99

Kareem wrote:

Let's see how it goes.

wow (⊙_⊙) I'm curious to know what are the items

Last edited by zizo99 (October 2 2020)

#423 October 2 2020

Kareem

zizo99 wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Let's see how it goes.

It's a mac pro

#424 October 2 2020

xazbrat

Kareem wrote:
zizo99 wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Let's see how it goes.

It's a mac pro

Edit nm---my math sucks in the morning.

Last edited by xazbrat (October 2 2020)

#425 October 2 2020

TheIlluminative

Kareem wrote:

Let's see how it goes.

I am 100% that you will get a refund

Board footer