LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 August 30 2017

anayman_k7

Re: Ferrari networks started faking speed tests?

Are you sure your network is not being affected by some sort of an electrical interference?

#27 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

If it was then you would see timeouts happen on the first cmd instance since that's the link between me and the local ISP dns server. Also my ccq is like 90-100 on mikrotik

Last edited by RandomMemory (August 30 2017)

#28 August 30 2017

anayman_k7

Test if you will get packet loss when you are running on UPS power in the couple of minutes between the Power goes down and the generator goes up, also monitor your SNR values, if it increases it means your phone cable is being affected by noise that could cause packet loss.

#29 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

Dude we're talking about microwave not DSL.

#30 August 30 2017

anayman_k7

RandomMemory wrote:

Dude we're talking about microwave not DSL.

Oops, I take it all back :)

#31 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

Well loss is gone since an hour ago. I am just putting these timestamps here so I can keep you updated. Full pages of ping to internet with no timeouts whatsoever

#32 August 30 2017

anayman_k7

Well I dont know if it is related but at work we were facing troubles from our Microwave providers and it was solved like 30 minutes ago

#33 August 30 2017

nuclearcat

If ping to dns ok and outside not - most probably it is problem with international bw, this is mostly correct for any ISP.
I will recheck rules. Can youi check if red(loss) corellate with your loss time?
http://i.imgur.com/hiZrT1g.png

#34 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

Yep, This is pretty much it, If you see earlier in the thread i said today there was a huge loss at 3 pm and it's the same exact thing on the graph. So what now? We just wait?

#35 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

I made a thread 2 days ago asking about loss but no one answered because I thought if ogero subs have the same issue then it's something with international BW

#36 August 30 2017

nuclearcat

No, there is separate issue, it is stacked many things, internal (inside server room) 1G interfaces full, i am migrating now to more capacity, overhead issues on ogero interface, and capacity congestion in some direction.
I am doing some experiments now also, loss might increase for a while (for 5-10 min was, already done and reversed)

Last edited by nuclearcat (August 30 2017)

#37 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

Man I appreciate all you're doing and thanks for keeping me posted. Ping me here if you need me to test something for you.

#38 August 30 2017

nuclearcat

Still doing changes, trying to lower packetloss, i didnt finished migration yet, 2 days more i guess.

#39 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

Ah so this whole thing started happening a week ago because interfaces are full? Even the packet loss? Thought that was international bandwidth

#40 August 30 2017

nuclearcat

There is some load increase, but i didnt located reason yet. First i will tackle at least partially to decrease packetloss, then finish migration, as it was pending for 1 month and equipment arrived, and after that will search for reasons of increased load.

#41 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

Interesting, Maybe it's the new quotas for the accounts, for example my account got 4 extra gigs to use every night, maybe users before the upgrade were sucking through their allocated FUP faster or were watching their balance and that's why there wasn't as much load as now.

#42 August 30 2017

nuclearcat

Hmm, thats i was not following, i will ask if any changes in services introduced 1 week ago.

#43 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

It was introduced earlier, about 3 weeks ago I think. My account is VIP 5-15mbps daily PT heavy (used to be just vip 5mbps) and I used to get 2.7 gigs a night now im getting 6.5. Pretty sure also the users that used to get 700mb a night are getting something like 2+ gigs now.

https://scontent.fbey4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ … e=5A14BB28

#44 August 30 2017

nuclearcat

Well, at any case i will have to deal with that changes, hehe. at least i need to solve physical congestion points first

#45 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

haha what are they thinking doing such a big upgrade without notifying you.  Also do you still think that the ping was normal or do you think there's a reason for the 25ms increase and unstability that happened a week ago.

#46 August 30 2017

nuclearcat

After i finish upgrade we will have to check that, ping might improve, and we can experiment with some settings to improve it - as well.

#47 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

Alright. Hit me up anytime you want and i'll help for sure. Thanks again for your hard work.

#48 August 31 2017

RandomMemory

Gotta note that the speeds tanked hard since yesterday. I am getting a max of 110KB/s pre and post 4pm.

#49 August 31 2017

nuclearcat

Upgrade of equipment might be postponed to "after holidays", but still making sure.
Also due holidays bandwidth is very full already, right now i am capping automatic limit to provide better quality in matters of packetloss.

#50 August 31 2017

RandomMemory

Alright whatever you see is best.

Board footer