LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Ferrari networks started faking speed tests?

Dahell is happening with them, did they change something or what, my speed on turbo was lowered by 4mbps and the ping on speedtest is being faked, and on top of that they have a packet loss of 1 to 12% since a week ago.

Last edited by RandomMemory (August 29 2017)

#2 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

Re: Ferrari networks started faking speed tests?

Did you contacted their support? Packetloss is not normal, i guess thats main reason of your problems.
Also this week(maybe tomorrow) there planned upgrade of BRAS servers, interfaces are full, this might be reason as well.

About speedtest - lebanese isps started to host each their own node of speedtest, and throttling other isp(competitor) customers results, and many users started to complain.
So next wave of war - ISPs forced to fake speedtests

Last edited by nuclearcat (August 29 2017)

#3 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

I am taking internet through one of their resellers, but my ping to their DNS is super low mostly from 6 to 25ms max with no TimeOuts. But then when you go to the internet there's packet loss happening and request timed out. And if you download a file or a series it might end up being corrupted. Also their ping to EU increased by 20-30ms this past week. Used to get a stable 70-80 now i get from 97 to 110.

Also thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

#4 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

Corrupted thats definitely something wrong, is it corrupted over https? Corrupted in meaning it terminated too early or content is damaged?

Ping i believe is because some server you are using routing changed, because for particular ISP (Ferrari) there is no changes in ping to EU locations
sI5PbDZ.png

About loss, i noticed there is congestion also on other interface, but it seems out of my control to fix quickly, but i will try to do few things.

#5 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Content is damaged. I downloaded a 3 season series (direct download over http not torrents). And when i opened it some episodes would be cut at the beginning or midway and you would have to manually move over the cut parts. Also I play dota at night when I come back from work, the packet loss is a disaster during peak, it's like 15% loss and I had a 1 day ban like 4 days ago because I couldn't Even connect to the server because the packet loss was high. I can give you my username maybe you can ping it over and check if something wrong with the link but I usually troubleshoot by checking the connection to 10.0.252.5 Which is Super stable so i guess there's something wrong at their end?

you can see the loss top right ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A576&background-color=black

and this is the ping to the dns

JBNNYmt.png

#6 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

I found some issues, will try to solve them first, but it might cause interruptions.

#7 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Go for it, pretty sure no one minds a bit of downtime in exchange for fixing this. Also your help is very appreciatd. Weird how I messaged them on facebook but they don't Reply.

#8 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

They dont read it, use traditional methods - phone call :) I will consider making online chat support for them soon.

#9 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

Can you check now please?

#10 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

There's barely any loss now, max 3% and then goes down quick to 0 but the ping increased to a constant 120ms.
There's only 2 timeouts in a whole page of ping to the internet, it was way worse earlier.

#11 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

yes, i have to keep some balance. Ping might increase for a while, as i had to put different policies, i will experiment with this stuff later on.
Now primary target to remove major packetloss.

#12 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Loss went back up to 12% now.

#13 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

after 12am yes, unfortunately fup removed and heavy users strike :( this i have to think how to deal with

#14 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Well it's weird, why did this start happening 6-7 days ago?

#15 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

No idea yet, i have to investigate that

#16 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Well I am really glad you are working on solving this. If you want me to test something just hit me up ill gladly do it.

#17 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

Ping me here tomorrow, we will try to make sure at peak time quality is fine, and maybe will experiment on latency as well

#18 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Sure thing.

#19 August 29 2017

nuclearcat

Pls check if any improvement now, i noticed one possible reason why packetloss jumped (but this change will last till 1am only)

Last edited by nuclearcat (August 29 2017)

#20 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Well I just created a private lobby to check, Can't connect to the server, according to console it's dropping 50% of packets.

#21 August 29 2017

RandomMemory

Connected, super high packet loss between 12 and 40% and now it's down to 2%. This is so random for some reason

#22 August 30 2017

nuclearcat

This might be local issue of reseller link to you, try to check at this moments ping to dns.
No loss or problems right now, but some maintenance planned at this morning (didnt started yet).

#23 August 30 2017

anayman_k7

Just use fast.com to test your speed

#24 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

nuclearcat wrote:

This might be local issue of reseller link to you, try to check at this moments ping to dns.
No loss or problems right now, but some maintenance planned at this morning (didnt started yet).

My ping to the dns is very low and i used the lowest interval in cmd and i have no timeouts at all. Packet loss disappeared to the internet as of right now . But last night it started dropping packets from 12 like you said to 2 am and then it disappeared.

Last edited by RandomMemory (August 30 2017)

#25 August 30 2017

RandomMemory

3 PM. This is how it looks 4MoMPBu.png

and there's 8% loss

I think the furthure we go from the afternoon till like 11 the loss happens.

Last edited by RandomMemory (August 30 2017)

Board footer