LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 27 2017

jazzzar

CS GO 1000+ ping when playing on the same wifi with 2 laptops[SOLVED]

EDIT : okay so the problem is now solved after my speed got upgraded from 1Mbps to 4Mbps, ping's like 100ms(the one I'm used to play on)

So my brother just got cs go on sale today and we're having a problem (a big one) trying to play together, whenever we join the same lobby and connect to a deathmatch game the ping jumps to 1000+ and we're unable to play anything.
the moment I disconnect on one laptop the ping goes back to normal on the other (about 100ms) which is driving me crazy, tried restarting the router and tried some stuff from google and nothing worked, I'm on ogero's 2 mbps/40GB limited plan, but it's still 1 mbps for us for unknown reasons (tried to contact them a lot of times and got different answers every time, the router is thomson tg585 which is the default one from ogero years ago, any help would be really appreciated!

Last edited by jazzzar (July 13 2017)

#2 June 28 2017

anayman_k7

Re: CS GO 1000+ ping when playing on the same wifi with 2 laptops[SOLVED]

you need to identify the problem exactly, start by plugging 1 laptop to the modem using a cable (that came with the modem) and leave the other on wifi, if the ping still go crazy it means that's a weak Wifi in the modem (Thomson), if not, it means that your Internet having issues, make sure you have filters on all the phones in the house and make sure they are plugged correctly in the filter output (Modem connected to the modem output etc), being stuck at 1mbps indicates that you are having a signal problem, try to login to the modem for to the Broadband connection and check the details page, check the Data Rate (it should be 2048) and check the SNR values (should not be lower than ~6dB) on the Downstream or Upstream, last thing, try to join a community server in cs go that has low players count (even if it was empty) and test if you still have ping issues.

#3 June 28 2017

jazzzar

anayman_k7 wrote:

you need to identify the problem exactly, start by plugging 1 laptop to the modem using a cable (that came with the modem) and leave the other on wifi, if the ping still go crazy it means that's a weak Wifi in the modem (Thomson), if not, it means that your Internet having issues, make sure you have filters on all the phones in the house and make sure they are plugged correctly in the filter output (Modem connected to the modem output etc), being stuck at 1mbps indicates that you are having a signal problem, try to login to the modem for to the Broadband connection and check the details page, check the Data Rate (it should be 2048) and check the SNR values (should not be lower than ~6dB) on the Downstream or Upstream, last thing, try to join a community server in cs go that has low players count (even if it was empty) and test if you still have ping issues.

ok i will try with one cable and wifi and report what happens, the thing that's driving me crazy is, if we both connect to a community servers, ping is normal and we can play normally no problems, but whenever we connect to an official server the ping skyrockets to 1000+, when someone dies, ping goes down to 200ish than goes up instantly as we respawn, now when someone leaves the game, ping instantly goes back to normal, about the 1mbps speed, it shows on thomson's router page that a download speed is 1024Kbps which means it's only 1mbps, i don't know what's SNR, thanks for the input.
and one last thing, i have a tp-link router, i connected it to my thomson modem and tried playing cs on an official server, still same thing, it's driving me crazy :(

EDIT : I connected one laptop to the router via an ethernet cable and one still using wifi, same thing happened, tried using launch option +clientport 270XX with XX as 03 on one and 04 on the other all to no avail, starting to lose hope here :(

Last edited by jazzzar (June 28 2017)

#4 June 28 2017

anayman_k7

it is most likely because of the server tick, community servers maybe uses a low tick rate servers (means a server that doesnt refresh a lot of info per second which requires upload speed), try to find a community server that has 128 tick refresh rate (can be found in the server title) and try on it

#5 June 28 2017

jazzzar

anayman_k7 wrote:

it is most likely because of the server tick, community servers maybe uses a low tick rate servers (means a server that doesnt refresh a lot of info per second which requires upload speed), try to find a community server that has 128 tick refresh rate (can be found in the server title) and try on it

That's what I tried, I played with my brother on the same russian community server which was 128 tick, and it worked like a charm, I'm really getting frustrated by this thing, Is the problem from my internet? from the modem? from the cs go servers or what? most likely a server problem because it's working on non-official servers, another thing, I just contacted Nader Al Refai by email and he said speed only reaches 1Mbps in my area, god damn it, Hope someone can help with the cs go thingy tho :/

Last edited by jazzzar (June 28 2017)

#6 June 28 2017

anayman_k7

did you try another gamemodes like Casual or Arm race? all the same? how about competitive?

#7 June 28 2017

jazzzar

anayman_k7 wrote:

did you try another gamemodes like Casual or Arm race? all the same? how about competitive?

he still got a new account, no competitive for now, but for all modes the same :/

#8 June 28 2017

AVOlio

I think the speed is the problem.
Maybe you need at least 2bmps for high tick rate servers.

#9 June 28 2017

jazzzar

AVOlio wrote:

I think the speed is the problem.
Maybe you need at least 2bmps for high tick rate servers.

the game worked fine on a 128 tick server (non-official one) and didn't work on official servers which are 64-tick i guess? correct me if i'm wrong

#10 June 28 2017

TrollFatGuy

Hey, I have the same problem and just learned to play using only one PC. If anyone has any insights, I would be thankful as well.

#11 June 28 2017

jazzzar

TrollFatGuy wrote:

Hey, I have the same problem and just learned to play using only one PC. If anyone has any insights, I would be thankful as well.

seems like there's no solution for this :(

#12 June 29 2017

anayman_k7

1 on Wifi and the other on 3G, be aware CS GO uses a lot of data, it uses as much as it can take, I remember when I was in Germany on a limited 80GB Student plan CS GO consumed a lot of data that I had to install a software and limit bandwidth to 1mbps

#13 June 29 2017

jazzzar

anayman_k7 wrote:

1 on Wifi and the other on 3G, be aware CS GO uses a lot of data, it uses as much as it can take, I remember when I was in Germany on a limited 80GB Student plan CS GO consumed a lot of data that I had to install a software and limit bandwidth to 1mbps

thanks for the help, 3G won't be a good solution too expensive to play on + 3G is weak inside our house, almost no connectivity :/

Board footer