LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 April 9 2017

kareem_nasser

Re: Q&A with Imad Kreidieh, head of Ogero

Adnan wrote:

Thanks a lot. He's giving more information about the new plans with each question asked. For now he said about these three plans:
-2Mbps unlimited.
-4Mbps 40GB.
-8+Mbps 150GB.

Simple. Then for those who can go over 8Mbps can subscribe to 8+ package with quota of 150GB, which i bet private ISPs will give unlimited nights for.

As seen before private ISPs will give more packages/options for customers, with the only advantage of unlimited nights. Given that OGERO will keep the current 2Mbps unlimited quota.

#52 April 9 2017

amkahal

very stunning Haidcar, a complete reference concerning the upcoming upgrades.

#53 April 9 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

150gb Is a mediocre .. for fast speeds

#54 April 9 2017

Adnan

IMO The current upgrade won't be massive. Just some tinkering with prices and quotas. The upcoming ones should be.

#55 April 9 2017

haidcar

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

as he noted this is an intermediary upgrade, rather than wait for FTTC/B/H to finish.

#56 April 9 2017

xazbrat

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

True, but some of you wouldn't have taken a 20mbps package and only 100 gig. If you are getting 8 mbps, you should be able to download a little over 3 gig an hour, so you are getting 50 hours of full feature browsing--not great, but not terrible.  It is manageable.

#57 April 9 2017

ManOwaRR

remember not only he added  increase speed he increased 50gb  and decreased 35000l.l   

win win situation

i hope he will give us a decent  package of 300gb  for 120000l.l

#58 April 9 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

I don't think it's going to be 120000 maybe 90000ll

#59 April 9 2017

AVOlio

17th question,  will the unlimited package by ogero receive a speed upgrade,  the answer is yes.
This answer is wrong as I've tweeted him about it today and he clearly said that there will be no change in speed with this package.

#60 April 9 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

he said there will be 2 limited speeds in the plans to prevent abuse so 2 unlimited plans are confirmed

#61 April 9 2017

xazbrat

Didn't see that part about the pricing for the 8mb+ plan--even if you go to 200 gig, it seems that you will still be paying less than under the old plan (I am sure that the overage rate will go down at least slightly).  And disappointed that we didn't get a real answer on the flexible pricing--what does "Our plan is to provide 50M+ to 100% of the customers" mean and have to do with the question.

#62 April 9 2017

InVader

xazbrat wrote:

what does "Our plan is to provide 50M+ to 100% of the customers" mean

50Mbps minimum speed for the FTTX plan (nationwide)

Last edited by InVader (April 9 2017)

#63 April 9 2017

InVader

8Mbps plan price is reduced by 35% (fits within the advertised 20%-50% decrease), while the quota is increased by 50%.

The 20% decrease probably applies to the lower plans while the 50% applies to the higher ones.

Quota increase should be variable as well depending on the plan.

#64 April 10 2017

AVOlio

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

he said there will be 2 limited speeds in the plans to prevent abuse so 2 unlimited plans are confirmed

I doubt it.
I specifically asked him if we can get 4mbps or even 3mbps unlimited plans, that would be a dream,  his answer was no.
So the 2mbps will not change, maybe just change in price,  and making a new unlimited package of 1mbps is senseless.

So I don't think there will be plans other than the 2mbps with limited speed.

#65 April 10 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

AVOlio wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I doubt it.
I specifically asked him if we can get 4mbps or even 3mbps unlimited plans, that would be a dream,  his answer was no.
So the 2mbps will not change, maybe just change in price,  and making a new unlimited package of 1mbps is senseless.

He said in a tweet yesterday 2 plans are going to have limited speeds to avoid abuse, others will have max speeds

#66 April 10 2017

InVader

Possibilities for the 2nd speed limited plan are:
4 Mbps unlimited plan
or
4 Mbps / 40 GB entry level plan

#67 April 10 2017

Hybrid

If they don't put a speed limitations on unlimited plans, people will start re-selling them

#68 April 10 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

So according to the q&a current dslams have vectoring technology , according to the very useful table my line now handles 15mb on adsl2+ (tested yesterday) so i will handle 54mbps with vectoring

#69 April 10 2017

InVader

Glad your line can handle such good speeds.

The less fortunate will soon be able to check online their distance from the CO in order to assess the situation, that is until FTTC is deployed.

Last edited by InVader (April 10 2017)

#70 April 10 2017

InVader

haidcar wrote:

if you have other questions regarding anything post them below!

The reply to one of the questions is mixed up:

Q: Does Ogero provide its subscribers with public or private IPs?
A: Dynamic IP addresses are provided to the customers, however some customers will be entitled of a private IP address with every request of EFM os HDSL service.

Ignoring the common English mistakes, I suppose the answer should have been:
"Private IP addresses are provided to the customers, however some customers will be entitled of a public IP address with every request of EFM os HDSL service."

#71 April 10 2017

AVOlio

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
AVOlio wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I doubt it.

He said in a tweet yesterday 2 plans are going to have limited speeds to avoid abuse, others will have max speeds

so 1st plan is the 2mbps unlimited.
the second one might be limited in speed but also limited in quota, because i am sure that he will not make a new unlimited quota plan above the speed of 2mbps.

InVader wrote:

The less fortunate will soon be able to check online their distance from the CO in order to assess the situation, that is until FTTC is deployed.

How do you measure your distance from CO, this one kept confusing me while i roam the networking topic?
Im in Dekwaneh, where is the nearest CO here ?

#72 April 10 2017

InVader

AVOlio wrote:

How do you measure your distance from CO, this one kept confusing me while i roam the networking topic?

Ogero has that info, and IIRC according to a previous tweet, it will be available online by the end of the month.

The alternatives are either to call/tweet Ogero and ask, or measure the distance yourself, that is assuming you know the exact underground cable path between the CO and your building!

#73 April 10 2017

Adnan

Personally I measured the distance from the CO to my house using Google Maps. Of course the given distance is nowhere near exact, but it gave me a reasonable estimate. My actual line attenuation was logical compared to the Google Maps distance.

#74 April 10 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Adnan wrote:

Personally I measured the distance from the CO to my house using Google Maps. Of course the given distance is nowhere near exact, but it gave me a reasonable estimate. My actual line attenuation was logical compared to the Google Maps distance.

Same

#75 April 10 2017

AVOlio

How do you know where are the centrals ?

Im in dekwaneh... which central is mine? the one in jdeideh ?

Board footer